What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia v England - 4th Ashes Test

Tommy Smith

Referee
Did i just here Simon Hill (??) right. Anything under 500 could be considered a sub-standard score? LOL

In the last 2 tests England have scored over 400 only to hear people say what a good track it is. Well its very easy to say its a good track but you still have to score the runs. England have, Australia havent and the pressure is well and truely on, both individually and as a team.

477 is a monster score.

Big Mick

Referee
Balmain_Boy said:
I would call that over the top.

You actually said you weren't normally one for cricket. I would interpret that as someone who doesn't have much to do with the sport. Besides, if following cricket isn't watching it, what is it?

Over the top?

your joking arn't you?

You've obviously never been to a league game then.

So you've never had a go at a referee? Its exactly the same thing.

Following is someone who is obsessed and is totally devoted to a sport IMO.

I am more concentrated on my own bowling and batting for the upcoming season than caring about watching cricket days on end. I like watching it, I appreciate good cricket. I said I appreciated Flintoff's knock if you could actually read instead of being thick headed thinking i'm a bad sport when i'm just digging at poor umpiring and NOT Flintoff, you'd see that.

So would you say that those two non-decisions I.e. The Flintoff call on 10 who then went on to make over 100 and then the Jones call on 35 who then went on to make 85, didn't have a significant impact on the game? Newsflash champ, it has. I'm just sick and tired of poor umpiring decisions. Ok the Flintoff one may have been iffy but Jones was gone, the ball deviated off the bat and there was a clear knick. At that stage Australia were very much in the hunt.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:
Are you questioning his impartiality? Or saying he's racist, as you often accuse people of being?

Either way, pretty ridiclous. You really are a caricature mate.

I've only accused one PERSON of being racist, dickhead.

Have you not been watching this series?

It seems OK for others to bag umpires when they play here but not OK for Aussies to do it?

wanker

Balmain_Boy

Big Mick © said:
Over the top?

your joking arn't you?

You've obviously never been to a league game then.

So you've never had a go at a referee? Its exactly the same thing.

Following is someone who is obsessed and is totally devoted to a sport IMO.

I am more concentrated on my own game instead of caring about watching cricket. I like watching it, I appreciate good cricket. I said I appreciated Flintoff's knock if you could actually read instead of being thick headed thinking i'm a bad sport when i'm just digging at poor umpiring and NOT Flintoff, you'd see that.

So would you say that those two non-decisions I.e. The Flintoff call on 10 who then went on to make over 100 and then the Jones call on 35 who then went on to make 85, didn't have a significant impact on the game? Newsflash champ, it has. I'm just sick and tired of poor umpiring decisions. Ok the Flintoff one may have been iffy but Jones was gone, the ball deviated off the bat and there was a clear knick. At that stage Australia were very much in the hunt.

It's over the top because the one you whinged about was NOT a poor decision. Regardless I'd never call a respected umpire like Steve Bucknor an old bastard.

As for the Jones dismissal, it didn't deviate off the bat? It continued on in the same direction and as far as I could see rotation of the ball didn't change. I thought there was some doubt over that decision as well. I only saw it on replay once though with snicko.

Balmain_Boy

El Diablo said:
I've only accused one PERSON of being racist, dickhead.

Have you not been watching this series?

It seems OK for others to bag umpires when they play here but not OK for Aussies to do it?

wanker

I distinctly remember us Aussies calling the New Zealanders whinging kiwis when they complained about decisions...

Bullseye

Juniors
Benaud called it right. The field placings for Hayden cause him to feel boxed in and he ends up succumbing sooner rather than later.

Balmain_Boy

f**king hell. Martyn given out LBW bat onto pad. Anyone still think we shouldn't involve technology in every facet of our game.

Tradition is fine, but not when it prevents the correct decision being made.

Hurriflatch

Referee
4/58

stupid hopeless pathetic disgrace of an batting display from Hayden, Ponting and all the other jokes currently wearing the baggy green

aussies1st

Staff member
What is up with Bulknor. He is getting tons of wrong calls. Martyn is always getting out cause of stupid calls. Hayden is pathetic. Its time to repeat history and sack our opener for the last test.

azza

Juniors
MORONS! I stayed up to watch that rubbish in the bowling and the batting?

Most disgraceful couple of performances I have seen from Australia in a long team. Every aspect of our game is off. I am happy we have a competitive Ashes series but Australia should still be producing a far beter level of performance. Hayden - enough chances mate, I was once your biggest fan but you need a sting in pura cup to find you form.

Hussey needs to come in, but it might be too late to save the ashes (obviously we can't win this one now, we will have to fight for another draw). FOUR poms have scored centuries and we have had ONE. Disgraceful.

We really miss Steve Waugh's iron-fence type batting in the middle order.

Moffo

Referee
any chance of rain in the next few days?

ive got a yellow belly riding on the series result!

nostalgia

Juniors
I'm delighted to say that the forecast for Nottingham is for for fine weather (and no rain) for the duration of the 4th Test.