What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia Vs New Zealand, Twickenham Stoop

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Gee there are some farkheads on this forum who clearly have thier eyes painted on.
You can call him a grub, but a pussy he ain't, first off he won the fight, second of all he took the second hit up after the penalty. Civ took the first. Idiot.
You have to laugh though they have Matai.
Gallen will be one of the first picked for the next game. His tackles on Moi Moi Mr Sheens would have noticed (unlike painted on eyes morons) and his stats will stack up against anyone in the team. Many metres, many tackles a couple of offloads, impact from the bench he gave.

He won no fight. He is a pussy and grub. He is not a hard man or an intimidator. A man like Petero Civoneceva is an example of a hard man and an intimidator. Gallen is an insecure coward.

He will not be one of the first picked for the England match. His tackles in Moimoi might of been OK (were there really that many?), but his effort on Sau was full of woe. He will lucky to hold his place.

He did nothing of note, except for his usual act or two of cowardice.

Was an alright game over all, much better than the game between England and France. sh*thouse ref though.

Hannant was useless as expected, pretty much everyone of his runs made no metres at all. As soon as a kiwi even touched him he collapsed to the ground as quick as he could. Marshmallow of a prop.

Gidley was wasted off the bench (no surprises there), Cronk or Lewis would've been much better choices. Why would you have a fullback on the bench and then put him on as a lock? Genius call there.

Gidley is a pretender of a fullback. He is a sh*thouse player

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
He won no fight. He is a pussy and grub. He is not a hard man or an intimidator. A man like Petero Civoneceva is an example of a hard man and an intimidator. Gallen is an insecure coward.

He will not be one of the first picked for the England match. His tackles in Moimoi might of been OK (were there really that many?), but his effort on Sau was full of woe. He will lucky to hold his place.

lol, That tape on Lukes head says otherwise. Grub, yes, pussy no. I don't blame Luke for reacting, but then he got hammered.

I will agree the Civ is hard and intimidating. Gallen could do worse than follow his example.

Sau beat three others after Gal, at least Gallen stopped his progress. Good determined run, deserves credit.

Obviously you missed the try saver on Matai, clearly you missed his runs up the middle and yes Moi Moi, one on the try line that caused a turn over and a couple of others when he was being Paul Carroll.

But hey let your hatred cloud your judgement, he will be picked again, and it will be off the bench, because he did have impact.

Godz Illa

Coach
Sau beat three others after Gal, at least Gallen stopped his progress. Good determined run, deserves credit.
Stopped his progres??? hahah Gallen was the first player Sau bumped... yet he went on to score. Or have I forgotten the meaning of the word 'stopped'?

He also was the slow man on the inside when Hohaia scored.

Gee there are some farkheads on this forum who clearly have thier eyes painted on.
You can call him a grub, but a pussy he ain't, first off he won the fight, second of all he took the second hit up after the penalty. Civ took the first. Idiot.
You have to laugh though they have Matai.
Gallen will be one of the first picked for the next game. His tackles on Moi Moi Mr Sheens would have noticed (unlike painted on eyes morons) and his stats will stack up against anyone in the team. Many metres, many tackles a couple of offloads, impact from the bench he gave.

That said, NZ unlucky there, 4 tries to 3. Blair gets more impressive every year, Perrett is very good and a very nice debut by Sau.
But Australia, it is not under 12's you can't just throw the ball to Greg and expect to win, even though that nearly got them there.
The Poms and French have no chance.

He won the fight ??..how impressive. Definitely a starter for Aussie...an absolute gun.:sarcasm:

Australia's forward pack is sh*thouse.

Did Gidley come on and play at lock? :lol:

Have to agree...White had no impact, Hannant is one dimensional and simply goes to ground on every tackle.

At least the Kiwis try to offload and have the skill to gain metres through hitting the line at pace with a view to second options.

simmo1

First Grade
Australia's forward pack is sh*thouse.

Did Gidley come on and play at lock? :lol:

Gidley came on and played 15 minutes, giving away a penalty and piggy backing NZ up the field for Hohaia's try. Most useless player to continuously be picked for rep teams.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Stopped his progres??? hahah Gallen was the first player Sau bumped... yet he went on to score. Or have I forgotten the meaning of the word 'stopped'?

He also was the slow man on the inside when Hohaia scored.
Watch the replay goz, yes Sau bumps him, missed tackle, but he was flying then had to start again, beat three others and scored.

As for the second one, one on one miss by Kidley off the scrum, Gallen did get to him, but the try line was there.

hutch

First Grade

Idiot!

skeepe

Immortal
Interesting use of the bench by Tim Sheens, with Kurt Gidley sitting on the bench until the last few minutes and only being put on to give a penalty away, and Brett White not seeing any action whatsoever, which surprised me because he was the only prop named there, and Hannant was looking very, very tired in that second half.

NZ deserved the win, and would have got it but for one man: Steve Ganson. How this guy continually gets test match appointments in absolutely baffling. Any time I think about the standard of refereeing that Robert Finch is subjecting us to over here, I'll think of Steve Ganson and realise how it could be so much worse.

How the f**k did Gallen receive the penalty for attempting to take Luke's head off and then slamming it into the ground? Regardless, Gallen should be receiving a nice little one match sit down for that piece of grubbiness.

Well done NZ, too good and deserved better.

Surely Shillington will come into the forward pack for the next match after Sheens proved he doesn't have any faith in Brett White?

timka4

Bench
they should not have gone for the penalty goal australia, they had nz on the slight back foot and had great possession, i swear penalty goals are the death of a team

Godz Illa

Coach
Watch the replay goz, yes Sau bumps him, missed tackle, but he was flying then had to start again, beat three others and scored.

As for the second one, one on one miss by Kidley off the scrum, Gallen did get to him, but the try line was there.
I watched the replay - there were several, it was a try (that Gallen woefully failed to prevent).

The Hohaia try was a step inside Slater, not Gidley. Slater, normally a good defender in those instances, had no help from the inside and the gap was too great. Gallen again all too slow

Joker's Wild

Coach
Gidley came on and played 15 minutes, giving away a penalty and piggy backing NZ up the field for Hohaia's try. Most useless player to continuously be picked for rep teams.

:lol: Yes it was Gidleys fault that Slater ballsed up his "tackle" on Hohaia

The tackle he made on Hohaia was crucial, if it wasnt made Hohaia skips away with an unmarked Goodwin on his inside. Oh but its Kurt's fault that 5 plays later Australias best fullback misreads the play :roll:

Idiot

simmo1

First Grade
:lol: Yes it was Gidleys fault that Slater ballsed up his "tackle" on Hohaia

The tackle he made on Hohaia was crucial, if it wasnt made Hohaia skips away with an unmarked Goodwin on his inside. Oh but its Kurt's fault that 5 plays later Australias best fullback misreads the play :roll:

Idiot

What a pathetic comeback. "B-b-but other players made mistakes"

My point stands, Gidley did nothing. Waste of a bench spot.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I watched the replay - there were several, it was a try (that Gallen woefully failed to prevent).
lol

The Hohaia try was a step inside Slater, not Gidley. Slater, normally a good defender in those instances, had no help from the inside and the gap was too great. Gallen again all too slow
It was Slater appologees Kidley. Gallen did well to get there from the scrum he packed into, never mind Hohaia ran 10 meters forward whilst Gallen 30 sideways to get there.

But I love your logic, Gallen misses Sau, three others can't stop him, all Gallens fault.
Slater misses Hohaia, Gallen from a scrum does get him but the try line is too close, Gallen fault.

Classic hatred.

Fein

First Grade
I don't mind Gallen however his head bang effort on Luke was a cat act, the swinging arm careless.

Neither he nor Luke won "the fight" although Gallen was pretty keen to get the f**k out of there.

The fact that he took it up on the second play after the penalty, ran into Luke who jolted it free and then tapped Gallen on the chin said it all for me.

Luke would eat him alive in a cage.

Gallen was sh*te.

Joker's Wild

Coach
What a pathetic comeback. "B-b-but other players made mistakes"

My point stands, Gidley did nothing. Waste of a bench spot.

Whats even more pathetic is with players like White and Gallen going totally missing, you're saying that Gidley's bench spot was wasted. He did more good work in 15min than those 2 combined.

Your point is sh*t, no other player in the game would have made any more impact coming in 15min from fulltime. Not Lewis, not Farah and certainly not Cronk.