What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia vs Pakistan - VB Series (SCG) Game 5

El Diablo

Post Whore
sanjane said:
bedi's whitewashed...he no longer speaks for the subcontinent. no indian likes him. after all, he respects warne as a person!

sanjane said:
good ol' Bishan Bedi, he lives in OZ man...he's whitewashed

here's you being exposed after another racist outburst :mrgreen:

Kurt Angle said:
sanjane said:
Pity the local (actually the local australian ppl are the aboriginal, i meant the white) ppl here dont make you enjoy it (ask anyone in the indian camp)

Vanakkam,

Quite perplexed here.

My wife happens to be Tamil, from Chennai. She thinks white Australians are fantastic people.

She also said that never in her life did she consider marrying an Indian/Tamil man. She thinks they are all selfish, egotistical bores.

When her sister came to Australia for the wedding, she too decided after meetings Australians that she would one day hope to marry a white Australian male... she loves them too.

And she came here with a somewhat prejudiced view against Australians.

They too were 'allowed' to enjoy there time here by white Australians.

Sanjane -> Suthu

thuganomics

Coach
Timbo said:
thuganomics said:
I still don't think they will lose thier opening spot, even with clarky being in great touch.

Andy Symonds on the other hand should be very, very afraid.

Indeed he should.
He has been shocking with the bat, Ok with the ball and great in the field. He has to get his batting in Order, im hoping for a century or a high score from Symonds in the next few games.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Sanjane said:
inzamam bowls left arm orthodox. Get your facts right..bTW, hes prob better than pie chucker Lehmann...But Clarke was lucky...You cant even buy that luck in cricket..He's got it though and Harper is even worse than Asoka de Silva...Officially
And your basing this statement on one desision Harper made, as against Asoka De Silva's career of consistently making mistakes.

Azkatro

First Grade
Manly's Legend said:
Azkatro said:
I'm sorry but I just don't rate a century when it includes:

- Having a batsman with a caliber like Ricky Ponting at the other end not only helping you farm the strike but also leaving short pitched deliveries at shoulder height which he could hit over the fence in his sleep in a form slump.

But had They'd been chasing more, Ricky Ponting would not have had to have done that, and under normal circumstances, Clarke would have passed it easy.

But they weren't normal circumstances, were they!!!!! By that reasoning, under "normal" circumstances (normal being having competent umpires and fieldsmen) he would have been out twice over.

Mr Saab

Referee
Azkatro said:
I'm sorry but I just don't rate a century when it includes:

- Being caught but being incorrectly ruled not out by the umpire
- Having a batsman with a caliber like Ricky Ponting at the other end not only helping you farm the strike but also leaving short pitched deliveries at shoulder height which he could hit over the fence in his sleep in a form slump
- Being dropped on an absolute sitter in the deep
- Playing shots like he did in his 90's

I believe he batted well at the start of his innings but when it got to that point he was basically handed his century on a platter.

i totally agree with you. That display by ponting and clarke made a mockery of cricket.
Clarkes 100 was a claytons 100.
Cricket today is all about stats and less to do with winning.
Laras 400 vs England is an example of that.

fish eel

Immortal
That would have happened at any level of cricket. the game was over. no chance of losing. so what if he goes for a personel milestone?

Mr Saab

Referee
Lara batted WI out of any chance of winning.
Cricket is about winning, not padding your stats.
I hope Clarke is "proud" of his 1st 100 in sydney when he looks back at it in 20 yrs.
I would be embarrised.

fish eel

Immortal
Lara. I agree.

Clarke, it wasnt his finest moment and he'll probably admit that, but the crowd were into it, the game was won, so I really dont see the problems.

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
Laras 400 vs England is an example of that.

How exactly?

The West Indies batted first. The Poms were dismissed in 99 overs in their first innings and held on for 137 overs in the second which should have been more than enough time for a result going off the first innings.

Lara's 400 had no bearing on the eventual outcome - the bowlers should have been able to take the wickets and had more than enough time.

While Clarke's final 20 runs probably shouldn't have happened they did in the end. Hayden farmed the strike to try and play himself into some form and what Clarke and Ponting did in the end was no different.

fish eel

Immortal
Also, where do you draw the line?

Adam Gilchrist milking it so S R Waugh got that century v England?

The Colonel

Immortal
How many players have had their captains hold off on a declaration so they have the chance to score a century? Ponting didn't declare with McGrath chasing his first half century and the game was hardly in doubt.

Mr Saab

Referee
fish eel said:
yeah, and the game was in the bag last night, so whats your point?

ponting should have finished the game off and not played a maiden.
Plenty of players have been left stranded in the 90s...what makes Clarke so special that they HAD to give him his 100.
Fraud 100.

fish eel

Immortal
Cricket is about winning.

One day cricket is about winning AND entertainment. They gave the crowd what they wanted.

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
fish eel said:
yeah, and the game was in the bag last night, so whats your point?

ponting should have finished the game off and not played a maiden.
Plenty of players have been left stranded in the 90s...what makes Clarke so special that they HAD to give him his 100.
Fraud 100.

:-({|=

If they are in a position to make one why not?

Rod Marsh scored his first test hundred by being farmed the strike - does it make his career any less noteworthy?

Mr Saab

Referee
i just dont agree with fraud 100s.
I wish clarke would have been caught by the pakistan fielder when he was on 97.

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
i just dont agree with fraud 100s.
I wish clarke would have been caught by the pakistan fielder when he was on 97.

In the end Ponting decided to help him. He could have won it numerous occassions but he helped the young bloke to his second century. They still won the game and picked up the bonus point mainly in thanks to Clarke's start to the innings - IMO it was repayment from his captain for continued good form.

He should have been caught on 97 and Sohail stuffed up when he made the third umpire sign suggesting to the umpire he was unsure if he caught it. In the end he wasn't....... Clarkie knew it and it was clear he was embarassed enough himself. The home crowd wanted him to get a century and in the end the crowd got what they wanted.... and so did Australia.

wittyfan

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
Lara batted WI out of any chance of winning.
Cricket is about winning, not padding your stats.
I hope Clarke is "proud" of his 1st 100 in sydney when he looks back at it in 20 yrs.
I would be embarrised.

Given Clarkey's strike rate last night, he's got nothing to be embarrassed about. We're seeing a champion at his very best. :clap:

Latest posts