What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian response to the Haka!

ozbash said:
willie was gutless tim, he hid behind his team when he told the kiwis to get f**ked while they performed the haka.

put your f**king dress on, do you kiwis do anything other than bitch whinge and complain ? go to the farm and get laid, might relieve you of stress

so willie said get f**ked, boo f**kity hoo hoo, the poor kiwis are insulted, whatever shall we do, infact, i cant believe youse are all up in arms about this, i mean, before and after our national anthem was sung there, were boos, yes i admitt they were minor, but none the less, thats more insulting than saying get f**ked during ya war dance, next time, the australians should do ball skills and warm up

ByRd

First Grade
Fire up Big Willie, good to see some agro and emotion and some fire in the boys. do you just want the Aussies to stand there and take it, id rather they show some fire and emotion back and show that they are not being intimidated by the haka, it was good to see. Luv ya Willie!!!

ozbash

Referee
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
put your f**king dress on, do you kiwis do anything other than bitch whinge and complain ? go to the farm and get laid, might relieve you of stress

so willie said get f**ked, boo f**kity hoo hoo, the poor kiwis are insulted, whatever shall we do, infact, i cant believe youse are all up in arms about this, i mean, before and after our national anthem was sung there, were boos, yes i admitt they were minor, but none the less, thats more insulting than saying get f**ked during ya war dance, next time, the australians should do ball skills and warm up

dont wear dresses limpwrist.

bitch whinge and complain ? with justifiable right i believe. the guy insulted the culture of the country of my birth,,, not that australians possess such a thing.

the boo's you heard were from your countrymen, i was standing next to an aussie family who were disgusted that a person with a brown skin whose brother is an all black, had the gall to sing your pathetic excuse for an anthem.

the australians can do whatever they f**king well like sport, they can trim their toe nails and tell each other gay jokes (sorry, raw nerve for you isnt it?) as long as they show some respect to the cultures of the country they are visiting.

Nuke

Staff member
Personally, I thought it was funny! I can see how New Zealanders could get upset about it, but I see the lighter side of it. "Camate camate ... get f--ked"!!!

(excuse the spelling)

Why does Aussie have to stand there and watch the Haka...simple really...it is called "respect" and also the fact that Aussie has nothing that is traditional or culturally specific.

So once the Haka is over, would the Kiwis stand and watch the Aussies singing a few verses of 'What about me' ?

P.S - anyone got the youtube link for the mason hit last night?

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I hope the Aussies keep doing sh*t like that during the Haka. Will just fire our boys up even more.

Nook

Bench
If I,m not mistaking it channel 9's job to look after its shareholders

You're not mistaken, it is Channel 9's job to look after its shareholders.

It does this by broadcasting sport and making advertising revenue. Editing out an interesting aspect of the prematch/game to do what you perceive to be 'protecting' RL would be running directly against this obligation.

and clearly this has been done at the expense of the interest of the game eg: game image damage with the Mason incident, ridiculus broadcast times in Victoria, delayed not live telecasts etc

Channel 9 does not have any obligation to look after the 'interest of the game' beyond what is in its contract. If anything as broadcaster it should be showing incidents such as the Mason mouthing off rather than censoring them.

Ridiculous broadcast times in Victoria = Channel 9 looking after its bottom line. It thinks something else would rate better than RL and it is probably right. In the absence of any contractual obligation to broadcast the footy at certain terms to help promote the game they are rarely going to do so. It is up to the ARL/NRL to ensure this happens. No self respecting TV station is going to do it out of the goodness of their heart. Same story with the 6:00pm news getting precedence over the footy. You can't expect Ch 9 to do what is best for the game just because we want them to.

All I was saying is that Channel 9 had the choice to show or not show the incident and they took the former because it was best for them and their partners not necessarily the game.

Firstly what they did was take an unedited feed so saying they chose to show anything is a bit of a stretch.

Secondly, even if you are right and they did what was best for them rather than the game...so what? What do you expect them to do?

innsaneink

Referee
ozbash said:
dont wear dresses limpwrist.

bitch whinge and complain ? with justifiable right i believe. the guy insulted the culture of the country of my birth,,, not that australians possess such a thing.

the boo's you heard were from your countrymen, i was standing next to an aussie family who were disgusted that a person with a brown skin whose brother is an all black, had the gall to sing your pathetic excuse for an anthem.

the australians can do whatever they f**king well like sport, they can trim their toe nails and tell each other gay jokes (sorry, raw nerve for you isnt it?) as long as they show some respect to the cultures of the country they are visiting.

Youre outdoing yourself, f**kwit.

You really should look at writing fiction, you might even make a quid outta it.

fair n square

Juniors
The utterly ignorant expextation of the k1w1's that we should just stand there while they sing their little war song is as ignorant of logic as the fact that the k1w1's actually think that when the hacker is whinged that anyone (other than a k1w1) is impressed or intimidated by it.

If they were truly "warriors" they would just go about their business and not have to pretend they are actual warriors- i think the k1w1 movie of a few years ago says it all "ONCE WERE warriors".

besides the obvious - did anyone else see the way we (Australia that is) actually BEAT the "warriors" in the battle of the ball last night ?

So much for the "hacker".

fair n square

Juniors
oh yeah... in response to "ozbash"....the only culture in NZ is found in a bucket of yoghurt - and so far as whinging goes - i once asked a kiwi why he preferred living in OZ to nz and he said because our lamb was fresher and our dole paid better....not only that - but in a westerly you couldn't smell nz.

Te Kaha

First Grade
fair n square said:
The utterly ignorant expextation of the k1w1's that we should just stand there while they sing their little war song is as ignorant of logic as the fact that the k1w1's actually think that when the hacker is whinged that anyone (other than a k1w1) is impressed or intimidated by it.

If they were truly "warriors" they would just go about their business and not have to pretend they are actual warriors- i think the k1w1 movie of a few years ago says it all "ONCE WERE warriors".

besides the obvious - did anyone else see the way we (Australia that is) actually BEAT the "warriors" in the battle of the ball last night ?

So much for the "hacker".

And how gutless are you to hide behind a new account.. what didnt you post under your usual account?

Sir Biffo

Bench
Captain Charisma said:
I hope the Aussies keep doing sh*t like that during the Haka. Will just fire our boys up even more.

Yeah NZ we're really impressive and fired up last night.

On a side note, what is it with New Zealand and getting the most pathetic "talent" to sing national anthems? The bloke who sang ours was alright but the woman who sang the kiwi one sounded like they dragged her out of the reject's section of Mt Druitt idol.

_Johnsy

Referee
Why watch it? because the kiwis expect you to. B***sh*tE. Turn their backs and do their own thing until kick off. Dont want to hear about being respectfull to a culture. I heard many boo's during and after the Australian national anthem. I heard no comment about being disrespectful to a nations national anthem, stick your haka where it fits kiwi's.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
Why watch it? because the kiwis expect you to. B***sh*tE. Turn their backs and do their own thing until kick off. Dont want to hear about being respectfull to a culture. I heard many boo's during and after the Australian national anthem. I heard no comment about being disrespectful to a nations national anthem, stick your haka where it fits kiwi's.

Yep, fair enough.

When Mason mouthed off during the Haka, the pub I was in erupted with laughter. I'm sure there are some NZers that would have taken offense, and judging by a few of the posts I read here, some Australians that are getting a little defensive about it all, but I think the rest of us see it for what it was:a few seconds of great TV. Willie, keep being yourself, you're great publicity for the game over here.

ocko

juniors
fair n square said:
oh yeah... in response to "ozbash"....the only culture in NZ is found in a bucket of yoghurt - and so far as whinging goes - i once asked a kiwi why he preferred living in OZ to nz and he said because our lamb was fresher and our dole paid better....not only that - but in a westerly you couldn't smell nz.

:clap::clap: brilliant!

***MH***

Bench
aussie haka.....

standing as a team, and shouting with a tremendous roar the proud australian warcry.

AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE..... OI, OI, OI,
AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE..... OI, OI, OI,
AUSSIE, ..... OI
AUSSIE, ..... OI
AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE..... OI, OI, OI!

a reputable response if done as a team

fair n square said:

And what culture has Australia got ? Being a pack of arrogant tossers isnt culture buddy, disrepecting every other nations culture shows you up for what you are . Clean up your own backyard before you jump over the fence and start pointing fingers.

You boys are quickly becoming the US of the South Pacific.

If 'Waltzing Matilda' and 'Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi' are you answers to your complete lack of culture then your in real trouble.

Perhaps if you didnt treat Aboriginis like sh#t you might actually have a culture. The only time you even acknowledge them is when you get them to dress up and dance infront of Ayers Rock for a Tourism ad.

Hows the 1920's my friends ? Is it still legal to shoot Aboriginis over there?

_Johnsy

Referee
Mixmasterreece said:
And what culture has Australia got ? Being a pack of arrogant tossers isnt culture buddy, disrepecting every other nations culture shows you up for what you are . Clean up your own backyard before you jump over the fence and start pointing fingers.

You boys are quickly becoming the US of the South Pacific.

If 'Waltzing Matilda' and 'Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi' are you answers to your complete lack of culture then your in real trouble.

Perhaps if you didnt treat Aboriginis like sh#t you might actually have a culture. The only time you even acknowledge them is when you get them to dress up and dance infront of Ayers Rock for a Tourism ad.

Hows the 1920's my friends ? Is it still legal to shoot Aboriginis over there?

In respect to your dent little pride about cultural sensitivity & respect, read my above post that relates to booing during a national anthem, tosser. I see you must spend most of your time in areas that have a high indigenous population, you clearly have no idea. I see you like to pigeon hole us with no factual basis, well here is one for you. Go back down the local pub, get a skinfull and then go home and belt your missus.

Touche.

nqboy

First Grade
kia ora storm said:
Why does Aussie have to stand there and watch the Haka...simple really...it is called "respect" and also the fact that Aussie has nothing that is traditional or culturally specific.
"No way, get f**ked, f**k off."

Latest posts