What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Squad Announced

macavity

Referee
gotta feel for Ben Cross - best prop over last 3-4 weeks of the season, and best NSW prop in origin series.

Perry, Fitzgibbon, WTF

Ram Man

Juniors
bullsh*t, queensland got jibbed again!

**edit - i should explain

12 qld's and 12 nsw's, if nsw dominated origin for the last three years like qld did it would be 75% nsw players, but because it's queensland we only get 50%, where is sam thaiday? he's a better player then glenn stewert, also k hunt is a better utility then gidley, i'm assuming they only missed out becasue of pending investigations???

In your opinion....obviously not in the selectors...:)

Big Pete

Referee
Not the squad I'd go with but still decent enough IMO. Thought Lyon was hard done by though.

My side

Slater
Folau
Hodges
Inglis
Monaghan
Lockyer (c)
Prince
Kite
Smith
Civoniceiva
Laffranchi
Stewart
Gallen

Gidley
Price
Crocker
Watmough

Jasdragon

Juniors
bullsh*t, queensland got jibbed again!

**edit - i should explain

12 qld's and 12 nsw's, if nsw dominated origin for the last three years like qld did it would be 75% nsw players, but because it's queensland we only get 50%, where is sam thaiday? he's a better player then glenn stewert, also k hunt is a better utility then gidley, i'm assuming they only missed out becasue of pending investigations???

It should be selected on individual merit not by state. There are quite a few funny ones in there though.

Ram Man

Juniors
Tupou's too inconsistent

From that squad, I'd go

Stewart
Williams
Folau
Hodges
Inglis

Lockyer
Thurston

Price
Smith
Civoniceva
Watmough
Gallen
Stewart

Price
Crocker
Laffranchi
Perry

Price has got a busy few weeks a head...Starting and coming off the bench? :sarcasm:

Mr Saab

Referee
Not the squad I'd go with but still decent enough IMO. Thought Lyon was hard done by though.

Lyon has said that if he was picked he would play, but his preference is to be with his family...not exactly exhibiting a great attitude to playing rep football.
Thats why he was not chosen.

Downie

Guest Moderator
Dave Williams has gone from playing with the Hills Bulls to the Aussie squad in a year, great stuff.

johns_reds

First Grade
In your opinion....obviously not in the selectors...:)

ok, so the hunt v gidley is debatable but thaiday missing out, come on, fitzgibbon? what the f**k? also glenn stewert isn't that inspiring i don't think, i think there are better players out there.

Mr Saab

Referee
I wasnt serious....the guy is a hack of the highest order. Why any front rower would be scared of him is laughable.