What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Axed coach's $900K windfall

stiffmeister

Bench
Yeah, I'd be very happy if Chris Anderson was appointed coach, more so than Hagan. The reason being, he has success. If those whinging shire people were patient, he would have got the sharks the success they crave but the supporters proved to be a pack of whingers. All Anderson was doing was to change the losing culture into a winning one. BUT because he was gunho about it, it displeased alot of people at the club. You know the saying, no pain no gain, & who should replace him? oh yes, S Raper. Give me Anderson over Raper anyday if I was a shark supporter. I think because of the Adderson fiasco, they won't see a premiership for a long, long time. Yees, give me Anderson any day. Parra gave Smith a free hand which meands they will give Anderson a free hand. This means a perfect fit for Parra. We need someone tough. Steve Folkes would also be good for Parra. In the USA, its only the tough coaches that succeed.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Macca_ said:
Can I ad that I am not necessarily 'pro-Hagan'. Whilst coaching Newcastle I have never been a fan of the man himself. I just don't see some of the negative comments about his past being entirely fair.

It's the old - I don't like it, here's all the negatives vs I do like it, here's all the positives. And with each, normally comes the other, but because a person see's their view point as right, they don't want to hear about the other.

Anyway, you are correct, if he does come to Parra, I'm sure everyone will be behind him 100% (tough luck if you're not I guess..). I just weant to see him given a fair go from the start.

I agree completely.

And now that apparently it's pretty much official...

Welcome to the Mighty Blue and Gold Parramatta Eels in 2007, Mr. Michael Hagan.

Eelementary

Post Whore
stiff-meister eel said:
Yeah, I'd be very happy if Chris Anderson was appointed coach, more so than Hagan. The reason being, he has success. If those whinging shire people were patient, he would have got the sharks the success they crave but the supporters proved to be a pack of whingers. All Anderson was doing was to change the losing culture into a winning one. BUT because he was gunho about it, it displeased alot of people at the club. You know the saying, no pain no gain, & who should replace him? oh yes, S Raper. Give me Anderson over Raper anyday if I was a shark supporter. I think because of the Adderson fiasco, they won't see a premiership for a long, long time. Yees, give me Anderson any day. Parra gave Smith a free hand which meands they will give Anderson a free hand. This means a perfect fit for Parra. We need someone tough. Steve Folkes would also be good for Parra. In the USA, its only the tough coaches that succeed.

You do make a lot of sense.

The tougher NFL coaches tend to be much more successful than laid back coaches.

forward pass

Coach
stiff-meister eel said:

Not totally correct Stiffy. Anderson was punted from Sharks because he insisted on his sons playing for the club and the club didn't think they were any good.Same reason he left the Storm!

It was his attitude and not his ability that got him punted! Do we really want that??

Stagger eel

Staff member
stiff-meister eel said:

well said Yanky boy!!...there's an ellement of truth in that.

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
wtf is going on

stiff is almost, repeat that ALMOST making sense.....

I think it's the influence of Team America thread in the Parrallel Dimension forum.

Latest posts