What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Blood - The Real Rivalries

Boyd, Donnelly, Raudonikus, Randall, Knight, Broadhurst - All hard as a bull's forehead and fiery as Satan's kitchen.

Hearing the old stories of face slapping in the dressing sheds and the abuse hurled from both sides of the halfway line prior to kickoff sends a chill up my spine.

Its too bad that they don't have/sell copies of Magpies vs Eagles games from the Era. The golden years of rugby league...

shadow grinder

First Grade
UndertakerMike said:
Yep for some reason. :roll:

its more like tigers have a problem with us...there is no rivalry but because 2 of their players got injured by our players illegally they dont like the storm. but meh no big deal.

Nugby

Juniors
I was suprised no one mentioned it for the first few pages, but yeah, I know I get almost as fired up when we're playing Melbourne as I would against the Sharks. Of course, unlike Melbourne, we'd never have to play the Sharks in a grand final...

Raider_69

Post Whore
tiger_nick said:
The Wests Tigers are a more successfull club then Canberra whichever way you look at it. In six years we've won a comp. It took you guys eight years to win one and in 23 years you've only won three. That equates to 1 comp = 7.6 years as opposed to our strike rate of 1 every 6 years (only bettered by South Sydney and Brisbane).

We have also never won a wooden spoon, something which you can not claim.

Go back to the Raiders forum where you can discuss how Todd Carney is a better player then Benji Marshall

Cn ya hear the the sizzle... Chikka's foot work still haunts you does it? :lol:
one good year cant equate for 15 years of Canberra making Wests, Balmain and WT's their bitch... So as of right now, you stand at about 1 better season then us in the past 15 odd... yea... real successful :lol:

Balmain_Boy

Raider_69 said:
one good year cant equate for 15 years of Canberra making...WT's their bitch

Hmm...played 12 times for 6 wins each and in the time of WTs existence, we have won a premiership. I know which team I would prefer to support over the last 6 seasons. At least we've won the NRL before.

BWNB

First Grade
main ones i can think of
Bulldogs
- canberra , Cronulla, Dragons, broncos , cowboys, souths , knights , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, manly, storm , eels and the roosters
CanberraCronulla, Dragons, broncos , cowboys, souths , knights , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, manly, storm , eels and the roosters
dragons cronulla , broncos , cowboys, souths , knights , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, manly, storm , eels and the roosters
cronullabroncos , cowboys, souths , knights , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, manly, storm , eels and the roosters
Broncos cronulla,, cowboys, souths , knights , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, manly, storm , eels and the roosters
Manly cronulla,, cowboys, souths , knights , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, storm , eels and the roosters
tigerscronulla,, cowboys, souths , knights , NZ warriors , panthers ,storm , eels and the roosters
southscronulla , broncos , cowboys,knights , NZ warriors , panthers ,storm , eels and the roosters
NZ warriorscronulla , broncos , cowboys,knights ,panthers ,storm , eels and the roosters
pantherscronulla , broncos , cowboys,knights ,storm , eels and the roosters
Eelscanberra , Cronulla, Dragons, broncos , cowboys, souths , knights , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, manly, storm and the roosters
knightscanberra , Cronulla, Dragons, broncos , cowboys, souths , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, manly, storm and the roosters
stormcanberra , Cronulla, Dragons, broncos , cowboys, souths , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, manly and the roosters
cowboyscanberra , Cronulla, Dragons, broncos ,souths , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, manly and the roosters

Raider_69

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:
Hmm...played 12 times for 6 wins each and in the time of WTs existence, we have won a premiership. I know which team I would prefer to support over the last 6 seasons. At least we've won the NRL before.

head to head yes... in the past 15 years, wests, balmain and WT combined have not won more comps, more games, made more semis then Canberra or anything to that effect... hence 15 years of Canberra owning every aspect of WT :)

aids

Bench
WT's and the Dogs have a good history of close matches since 2000, with only two blow out matches for either team.

not really a rivalry though

tiger_nick

Bench
Raider_69 said:
head to head yes... in the past 15 years, wests, balmain and WT combined have not won more comps, more games, made more semis then Canberra or anything to that effect... hence 15 years of Canberra owning every aspect of WT :)

We are 6 years old and have achieved more then Canberra did in 6 years.

If you want to go into history then Westen Suburbs and Balmain both have won more comps then Canberra.

Do Royce Simmons two tries still haunt you?

Mr Saab

Referee
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
main ones i can think of
Bulldogs
- canberra , Cronulla, Dragons, broncos , cowboys, souths , knights , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, manly, storm , eels and the roosters
CanberraCronulla, Dragons, broncos , cowboys, souths , knights , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, manly, storm , eels and the roosters
dragons cronulla , broncos , cowboys, souths , knights , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, manly, storm , eels and the roosters
cronullabroncos , cowboys, souths , knights , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, manly, storm , eels and the roosters
Broncos cronulla,, cowboys, souths , knights , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, manly, storm , eels and the roosters
Manly cronulla,, cowboys, souths , knights , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, storm , eels and the roosters
tigerscronulla,, cowboys, souths , knights , NZ warriors , panthers ,storm , eels and the roosters
southscronulla , broncos , cowboys,knights , NZ warriors , panthers ,storm , eels and the roosters
NZ warriorscronulla , broncos , cowboys,knights ,panthers ,storm , eels and the roosters
pantherscronulla , broncos , cowboys,knights ,storm , eels and the roosters
Eelscanberra , Cronulla, Dragons, broncos , cowboys, souths , knights , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, manly, storm and the roosters
knightscanberra , Cronulla, Dragons, broncos , cowboys, souths , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, manly, storm and the roosters
stormcanberra , Cronulla, Dragons, broncos , cowboys, souths , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, manly and the roosters
cowboyscanberra , Cronulla, Dragons, broncos ,souths , NZ warriors , panthers ,tigers, manly and the roosters

you have lost the plot.
75% of those matchups for rivalry are BS

Raider_69

Post Whore
tiger_nick said:
We are 6 years old and have achieved more then Canberra did in 6 years.

If you want to go into history then Westen Suburbs and Balmain both have won more comps then Canberra.

Do Royce Simmons two tries still haunt you?

Yea your club was built from 2 existing clubs, with a whole host of money to go with it to buy players, our club was built from scratch, filling it with local players and a few decent names... 2 very different parallels, but dont let the facts get in the way of a good yarn. By all rights with the leg up you were given no premierships inside the first 5 years is a stunning failure!

And no royce's trys dont haunt me, as we are a single club were able to go on to better things in 94... Balmain on the other hand are now all but dead and their greatest legacy was losing the best GF of all time... ha!

Kid

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Yea your club was built from 2 existing clubs, with a whole host of money to go with it to buy players, our club was built from scratch, filling it with local players and a few decent names... 2 very different parallels, but dont let the facts get in the way of a good yarn. By all rights with the leg up you were given no premierships inside the first 5 years is a stunning failure!

And no royce's trys dont haunt me, as we are a single club were able to go on to better things in 94... Balmain on the other hand are now all but dead and their greatest legacy was losing the best GF of all time... ha!
Mate, a fair dinkum question here, just curious, how old were you when the 89 GF was played?

melon....

Coach
dodge said:
PREMIERS. Wests Tigers
RUNNERS UP. NQ Cowboys
3rd. Eels
4th. Dragons
9th. Roosters.

Yes. Superior. :lol::alcho:

10th. Dogs........The chicken is mightier than the Puppy.

innsaneink

Referee
Raider_69 said:

Queanbeyan Leagues, up the top of the list of clubs in NSW in the 80's, only place to go for ACT residents that wanted to feed a pokie.
$$$$ by the bucketload.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I think any teams that have had a long history between each other is certainly a good rivalry.

Parramatta/Canterbry
Dragons/Sharks
Roosters/Dragons
Dragons/Souths
Souths/Roosters
Parramatta/Manly
Norths/Manly

Latest posts