What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Blood - The Real Rivalries

gregstar

Referee
whilst most dog fans should be shot & then shat on, i wouldn't have thought that there is a significant rivalry between the two clubs.
in fact both clubs were very closely linked during the '70s & '80s because moore & flemming were close friends who had secret agreements regarding players at their respective clubs.

OVP

Coach
Pantherjim. said:
:shock: OMFG! You must be one of the only Roosters supporters on this forum besides KFC to admit this OVP!

Ive been saying it for a long time now. Good to see you're finally paying attention ;-)

Actually Penrith and the Roosters now have a good little rivalry going too. Im sure it stems from Brad Fittler leaving them because of Super League, but we always have good matches now.

Same with the Roosters vs Dragons on Anzac Day. Thats becoming a ripper of a rivalry ... not so much because of angst between the fans, but because of the high quality of matches between us in the last 5 or so years. I look forward to Anzac Day more than any other ... the footy is always excellent.

Red Bear

Referee
dodge said:
PREMIERS. Wests Tigers
RUNNERS UP. NQ Cowboys
3rd. Eels
4th. Dragons
9th. Roosters.

Yes. Superior. :lol::alcho:
11th/12th - Canterbury

Norths v Manly was the best rivalry.

Smartman

Juniors
gregstar said:
whilst most dog fans should be shot & then shat on, i wouldn't have thought that there is a significant rivalry between the two clubs.
in fact both clubs were very closely linked during the '70s & '80s because moore & flemming were close friends who had secret agreements regarding players at their respective clubs.

Thats Bologne, there is a strong rivalry between the 2 clubs but i guess lots of dragons fans dont want to consider it a rivalry because Canterbury have been more dominant this past quarter of a century.
icon10.gif

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
GoTheBears said:
11th/12th - Canterbury

Norths v Manly was the best rivalry.

12th, and what does that have to do with the price of fish? The argument was about Roosters fans thinking they were superior to all others.

Red Bear

Referee
dodge said:
12th, and what does that have to do with the price of fish? The argument was about Roosters fans thinking they were superior to all others.
Yeah but dont go on sounding all high n mighty when you team was worse than any of the teams mentioned this season.

Timmah

Staff member
GoTheBears said:
Yeah but dont go on sounding all high n mighty when you team was worse than any of the teams mentioned this season.

I'm not going on "all high and mighty" - my team went sh*t this year - I'm trying to bring a Rorter's supporter down a few pegs for making numerous idiotic statements. That is all.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Parramatta vs Canterbury

All the other rivalries are bullsh*t, they don't generate the same passion & atmosphere compared to this game, always a huge crowd in attendance.

The St George vs Cronulla rivarly is micky mouse compared to the Parra vs Bundogs rivarly,the only reason why it is considered one is due to the locality aspect...not big encounters over the years of gf's.

Red Bear

Referee
Ron Jeremy said:
Parramatta vs Canterbury

All the other rivalries are bullsh*t, they don't generate the same passion & atmosphere compared to this game, always a huge crowd in attendance.

The St George vs Cronulla rivarly is micky mouse compared to the Parra vs Bundogs rivarly,the only reason why it is considered one is due to the locality aspect...not big encounters over the years of gf's.
Still nothing on the old Bears v Manly

Timmah

Staff member
A few rivalry stats:

St George & Steelawarra v Cronulla 1967-2005

76 Matches, 38 Dragons, 3 Draws, 35 Sharks.
Average score: Dragons 17-16 (1967-1998), Dragons 22-21 (1999-2005)
Dragons 18-16 overall.

Bulldogs v Parramatta 1947-2005
117 Matches, 63 Bulldogs, 5 Draws, 49 Eels.
Average score: Bulldogs 16-15

Norths v Manly 1947-1999
105 Matches, 64 Eagles, 3 Draws, 38 Bears.
Average score: Sea Eagles 19-14.

Eastern Suburbs/Sydney City/Sydney v South Sydney 1908-1999, 2002-2005
191 Matches, 102 Rabbitohs, 5 Draws, 84 Roosters
Average score: Roosters 15-14.

Newcastle v Brisbane 1988-2005
26 Matches, 18 Broncos, 8 Knights.
Average score: Broncos 22-16.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
GoTheBears said:
Still nothing on the old Bears v Manly

You are kidding right?

Have you ever been to a Parra vs Canterbury game? i've been to all the major rivalries including many Manly vs Norths game and it's not even worth mentioning it.

Their wasn't any atmosphere compared to the Parra vs Canterbury game....actually i'll say Manly vs Parra is probably a bigger rivalry then Manly vs Norths.

Maybe if Norths and Manly played in a few GF's the supposed rivalry would be justified.

Here's my order of the biggest

1. Parra vs Cantebury
2. Souths vs St George
3. Roosters vs Souths
4. St George vs Roosters
5. Parra vs Manly
6. St George vs Cronulla
7. Cantebury vs St George
8. Parra vs St George
9. Roosters vs Canterbury ( i think this one though will fade some what if the last game of 2005 was a good indication)
The others are just laughable Micky mouse rivalrys

RABK

Referee
dodge vs WIllow and El Diablo

They've been gonig at it all week in TFC

Chemical sperm / Billy the skid vs Everyone

Samurai Jack vs himself really

gregstar

Referee
gregstar said:
gregstar said:

Fartman said:
Thats Bologne, there is a strong rivalry between the 2 clubs but i guess lots of dragons fans dont want to consider it a rivalry because Canterbury have been more dominant this past quarter of a century.
icon10.gif
bologne? are you a try-hard yank?
you have absolutely no knowledge of football history.

Latest posts