What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Blood - The Real Rivalries

effnic

Bench
manly and parra would have to be the biggest ones and me//Everlovin' Antichrist omg everything the little dumb ass says sh*ts me just the biggest genius on lu by far.

Yabby

Juniors
With respect to the Cowboys:

Bad Blood vs Melbourne (Honorary mention - Warriors)

Big Rivalry vs Brisbane (in Townsville)

The bad blood with Melbourne started at a pre season trial match in Cairns at the start of 2005 and culminated with the finals fued.

Also as a staunch Cowboys supporter I have always been extremely jealous that Melbourne, with no league culture, won the premiership in their 2nd year and have consistently featured in the finals. Anyways we are finally getting there.

Bib

Juniors
As a tigers fan the games i anticpate the most each season are:

(1) Manly
(2) Parra
(3) Dogs
(4) Souths (Hate this game cos i always think we are going to lose!)

Pantherjim.

Referee
melon.... said:
10th. Dogs........The chicken is mightier than the Puppy.

Hate to be anal and correct you Melon, but it was actually:

9th Roosters
10th Panthers
11th Warriors
12th Dogs.

and barely a mouses fart between my boys and yours on F&A.

Nonetheless, A season we'd all rather forget I'm sure.

Pantherjim.

tiger_nick

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Yea your club was built from 2 existing clubs, with a whole host of money to go with it to buy players, our club was built from scratch, filling it with local players and a few decent names... 2 very different parallels, but dont let the facts get in the way of a good yarn. By all rights with the leg up you were given no premierships inside the first 5 years is a stunning failure!

And no royce's trys dont haunt me, as we are a single club were able to go on to better things in 94... Balmain on the other hand are now all but dead and their greatest legacy was losing the best GF of all time... ha!

No Premierships inside the first five years is a failure? What do you consider your club over the last 11 years? From 3 Premierships in 6 years to never looking like getting close? Despite having one of the largest junior areas in the whole league?

Exactly Royce's tries dont haunt you, you saw your team win a Premiership that erased that memory. Same as I did. Youve never played sport have you? I lost four Grand Finals in a row in footy, won the next comp and due to the heart breaks of the previous Grand Finals it made the victory sweeter then I could ever have imagined. I never even think about the four losses now. Not even the one we lost in extra time when I had a try dissallowed on full time.

And no Balmain will be remembered for winning 11 Premierships, being a foundation club and being 50% of the 2005 Premiers.

1989 is only called the greatest Grand Final (mainly by Canberra fans) due to it going into extra time and it still being in recent memory. If you actually watch it as a nuetural fan you will notice it is actually very scrappy. The 1997 ARL Grand Final and 2003 were both much better spectacules. I'd say the 1991 and 1993 games were aswell. And for pure entertainment 1994 has some outstanding tries.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Kid said:
Mate, a fair dinkum question here, just curious, how old were you when the 89 GF was played?
tender age of 2 my good man, so as im sure you can imagine its pretty hard not to take anything here other then a solid g-up to all the tigers fan who can help but bite

Boyo its fun, they know im baiting them, they know the bait is lined with a hook but they just cant resist

sasquatch

Juniors
Wests Tigers:

v Bulldogs @ Campbelltown. In 2004 this was grand. Bulldogs fans flock to this game. With the Tigers going well im sure this game will be a cracker rivalry in the future. To add to it, Wests Tigers seem to always be able to beat the Dogs away. And who can forget this years game!

v Souths @ Leichhardt on a sunny sunday. Didn't Fulton go great in this game. This game is "Rugby League", you cant beat it. Its the most traditional you could get. Balmain/Wests v Souths at Leichhardt. Always a sell out and if souths continue to improve then this will no doubt be the game of the round each year.

but if there is any 'bad blood' between Wests Tigers and another side, then its Wests Tigers v Melbourne. They were the ones that ruined the 2000 season. They stuffed up McCracken. They humiliated us in 2001. They king hit Buckets. Definantly bad blood in this game.

Jordan

Juniors
I think that there will be a definite rivalry between the Cowboys and Tigers for a few years- especially if Prince and Sheens stay at the Tigers. Last year the Cowboys destroyed the Tigers' finals hopes, and this year the Tigers got revenge in the finals.

Another rivalry would have to be the Warriors and Broncos. It's probably more of a one-sided thing, but the Warriors always seem to play there best two games of the year against the Broncos.

RABK

Referee
Jordan said:
I think that there will be a definite rivalry between the Cowboys and Tigers for a few years- especially if Prince and Sheens stay at the Tigers. Last year the Cowboys destroyed the Tigers' finals hopes, and this year the Tigers got revenge in the finals.

Another rivalry would have to be the Warriors and Broncos. It's probably more of a one-sided thing, but the Warriors always seem to play there best two games of the year against the Broncos.

Absolute tripe.

We did in the last round. Simple equation...they beat us they're in, they lose and they enjoy mad monday with us. We beat them.

nqboy

First Grade
I don't have a problem with Wests Tigers, no matter how many of their stupid fans troll these forums.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hardly everyone, El Diablo is the only person who cares enough to actually continue arguing.

BTW Matt, actually state reasons for deleting my posts instead of typing random words when you do hit that delete button ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
Absolute tripe.

We did in the last round. Simple equation...they beat us they're in, they lose and they enjoy mad monday with us. We beat them.

wernt they also relying on canberra to lose to souths (which we didnt to the glorious tune of 62 points)

Latest posts