What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

balmain teams

bonstonker

Juniors
Premier League

1 Simon Greally
2 Matt Pethybridge
3 Brett Kelly
4 Luke Hession
5 Ben Carney
6 Luke Branighan
7 Andrew Henderson
8 Jamie Small
9 Rob Farah
10 Ngarimu Simpkins
11 Chris Heighington
12 Luke Isakka
13 Mark Fakahua
14 Frank Samia
15 Joel Rawlins
16 Charlie Farah
17 Jermaine Awahau
18 George Azzi

Jersey Flegg
1 David Pangai
2 Jason Chapman
3 Franco Kmet
4 Sam Wara
5 Jermaine Albert
6 Jamie Grant
7 Jamie Nowland
8 Brock Hunter
9 Ranald Schulz
10 Mick Harper
11 David Gower
12 Bryan Dickson
13 Sean Morris
14 Dean Caldwell
15 Tim Tobin
16 Luke Clarke
17 Luke Waihape
18 Dave Miranda

Albo

Juniors
Bronson and Jeff Lima not there, should be in the first team side

6 for PL, Luke Branigan, remembered he was considered the next big thing for St George a couple of years ago and we were chasing him hard. He ended up with the Rabbits I think and didnt play top grade since

brook

First Grade
good sides

We needed to do something with our halves for PL so lets hope Branigan makes the difference

Flegg I think are a much better side than they have shown so far - I honestly think we can turn things around and make the finals we just had to really get a halves combo that worked

I didn't see last weeks game but the fact that we scored 34 points against the comp leaders says to me that the Grant/Nowland experiment worked so lets hope the keep it up (franco kicking 5/6 was a welcome change too)

whats happened to nashy?

tiger_nick

Bench
No Wilson, either we will have a large bench in 1st's or no Benji :( Is Elford signed to Balmain or Wests??

Pangai @ fullback in flegg??

Interesting

Albo

Juniors
Can some give me the type of player David Pangai is, I have been hearing big raps. Also Sam Wara, can someone help out?

They are both from Flegg I would imagine

brook

First Grade
Firstly bonsonker I edited your post to make it clearer - I didn't change anything

Pangai scored two trys last week in his jersey flegg debut (same as sammy did on HIS flegg debut - maybe we need to promote more SG ball boys ;-) ), I honestly believe that on natural talent alone he is the equal of anyone else in the club - he has struggled with consistancy in the past but seems to have largely corrected that this year. When on form he is strong enough to break tackles but has a step good enough to ensure he rarely needs to - very exciting to watch and likely to go VERY far.

Sammy seems to have bulked up from last year and its helped his game - he's super quick and clever enough to spot a try-scoring oppertunity from a mile off

both are players to watch for the future without a doubt

brook

First Grade
I won't be able to make the game - have to move house :(

Is anyone here going who wants to volunteer to write me a match-report?

I especially want to know how all the Jamies (small, grant, nowland) play along with Brock Hunter and Dave Pangai

White Tiger

Juniors
Damn ! Was going to start a tread about this :cry:

I found out today that Luke Branighan had been picked up by Tim, by a mate of mine who plays for cabramatta, where luke has been playing this year.

He tells me that he was given the choice of who to play for Balmain or Wests, and was told if he goes ok will get a shot in first grade within 4 to 5 weeks.

Was also told that he is a bit on the large side and needs to lose some weight and pick up some speed also.

Word is that he was a pretty selfish player at cabramatta i.e always running and kicking for himself, not following game plans.

I guess will see how he goes

Anonymous

Juniors
I have a very funny story about Pangai but I better not tell it, that wouldn't be very fair on him. Good luck to him though, he's doing very well to play an age group up and start. Very impressive. Hopefully we'll see him running around for us in firsts one day.

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Games are:
Sat 15 May 1:00pm Balmain Jersey Flegg Knights Leichhardt Oval
Sat 15 May 2:30pm Balmain Premier League Knights Leichhardt Oval

Given size of bench for First Grade we should get a couple back for PL. Jeff Lima not lited in either PL or First Grade. Brett Kelly at centre in PL is a good move - we have lacked pace out wide and looked a bit soft in defence. Feel at bit sorry for Daniel Harris - captain of PL side - who has made way for Luke Branighan.

phenisha

Juniors
back in school luke branighan was probbly more considered to be the next big thing over his other half partner braith anasta but yeah 2 full knee reconstructions later havent seen him play recently. I thought he gave it up when south released him though.

Dale.2.

Juniors
The Luke Branighan pick up is an intersting one,i remember wanting the Tigers to pick him up a few years back,it would be a great story if he got back to NRL level.

tigger

Juniors
Luke went from STGID to Cronulla for alot more money, first game for Cronulla his knee gave way, Cronulla released him and he went to Souths, shortly after getting fit, he stuffed his knee again & therefore Souths released him. The good news is that he can play & he is not costing any cash except match payments. I remember him at Saints. He was better than anyone halfback that has ever played for Wests during that short period (i think he played about 12 games for them).

MoJack

Juniors
I heard through a friend of mine that Daniel Harris has retired, as he is starting a new job and can't make the training.

Due to this Balmain went on the lookout for a 5/8 and thus signed Branighan 8) 8)

tiger_nick

Bench
MoJack said:
I heard through a friend of mine that Daniel Harris has retired, as he is starting a new job and can't make the training.

Due to this Balmain went on the lookout for a 5/8 and thus signed Branighan 8) 8)

Ifs thats the case, its a hugge shame but I wish him all the best! I thought he was a very good player in reserve grade but not sure if he would ever have played firsts. He took the ball too the line very well and alway had the opposition in two minds

brook

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
I have a very funny story about Pangai but I better not tell it, that wouldn't be very fair on him. Good luck to him though, he's doing very well to play an age group up and start. Very impressive. Hopefully we'll see him running around for us in firsts one day.

lol I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you pm'd me with it :lol:

Latest posts