What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bangers vs Aussies - 2nd Test

lockyno1

Post Whore
Rastus_in_Melbourne said:
I want both Clarke and Symonds to perform consistently. But franky IMO, the only thing performing for Clarke is his age.

And if Cosgrove gets a shot and is up to it he may become the jedi apprentice and Clarke given the bump.

BINGO! Clarke has not performed, now lets see if Cosgrove is the answer.:D

Mighty Tiger

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Michael Clarke continues to be picked thats why! Becuase he sure as anything can't be picked on form!:evil:

So how do you explain the selection of Martyn? What about Kasper?

What about the continued trial of Symonds as the all rounder?

Mighty Tiger

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Hodge performed and the merkins still dropped him! What a joke that was!:evil:

Take out the 1 200 innings and what is his average again?

Hodge is vastly over rated and so is Clarke at the moment but both arn't in the same class as Martyn or Symonds when it comes to people over rating players in test cricket!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mighty Tiger said:
So how do you explain the selection of Martyn? What about Kasper?

What about the continued trial of Symonds as the all rounder?

Martyn has 15 test centuries. Kasper, well he performed in the Pura Cup and they were looking for a "stable" bowler for SA. As for Symonds well they were trying something and it did not work as planned. Sometimes that happens.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mighty Tiger said:
Take out the 1 200 innings and what is his average again?

Hodge is vastly over rated and so is Clarke at the moment but both arn't in the same class as Martyn or Symonds when it comes to people over rating players in test cricket!

Take out Clarke's 2 hundreds and he is even worse! You just can't do that. Hodge avaerages 57 for crying out loud and was harshly done by!:evil:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Martyn has 15 test centuries. Kasper, well he performed in the Pura Cup and they were looking for a "stable" bowler for SA. As for Symonds well they were trying something and it did not work as planned. Sometimes that happens.

You go from recent form to career form, it appears you change like the weather in Melbourne

Mighty Tiger

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Take out Clarke's 2 hundreds and he is even worse! You just can't do that. Hodge avaerages 57 for crying out loud and was harshly done by!:evil:

Hodge currently averages 58.42

Take out the centuries and the averages are below (for all stats)

Overall average

Hodge = 25.75
Clarke = 27.86

Hodge
- averaged before his 203* 35.5
- after his top score he averaged 21.3 (includes top score of 27*)

Clarke
- between his 2 100's (because he scored one on debut) averaged 39.8
- since his last 100 against NZ he has averaged 24.65 (includes only not out score of 14* with a top score of 91)

Hardly what you would call outstanding records for either, at least Clarke offers a bowling option which also happens to be better than Symonds record

I'm not a Clarke fan but hardly convincing facts to suggest Hodge or Symonds should be playing instead of him.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mighty Tiger said:
You go from recent form to career form, it appears you change like the weather in Melbourne

I hate Matyn to bits but I'd even take him before Clarke. The one I want in the side is MARK COSGROVE!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mighty Tiger said:
Hodge currently averages 58.42

Take out the centuries and the averages are below (for all stats)

Overall average

Hodge = 25.75
Clarke = 27.86

Hodge
- averaged before his 203* 35.5
- after his top score he averaged 21.3 (includes top score of 27*)

Clarke
- between his 2 100's (because he scored one on debut) averaged 39.8
- since his last 100 against NZ he has averaged 24.65 (includes only not out score of 14* with a top score of 91)

Hardly what you would call outstanding records for either, at least Clarke offers a bowling option which also happens to be better than Symonds record

I'm not a Clarke fan but hardly convincing facts to suggest Hodge or Symonds should be playing instead of him.

The one stat you missed....Hodge= 1 DOUBLE hundred, Clarke = 0!:lol:

Latest posts