What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bangers vs Aussies - 2nd Test

Parra_Eels

Bench
Yes! on ya dizzy. my god i just realised what happened - jason freakin gillespie got a test hundred for australia - just unbelievable. he just lived the dream for every bowler/lower order batsman.

aussies1st

Staff member
Simply amazing stuff from Dizzy. Now can he go on to beat some of the batsmen highest score? Now that would be funny!

Twizzle said:
I wonder how Symonds feels right now

LOL. what a great effort from Dizzy. IMO he is a far better option than Symonds or Watson in our side, despite his bowling problems of late.

With Dizzy, Lee and Warne in the side, there is definatley no need for an all rounder

aussies1st

Staff member
Don't know about Warne hes hit and miss. But Lee and Dizzy have shown they are consistent.

NPK

Bench
Warne is overrated as a batsman. No way should he bat ahead of Lee and Gillespie.

NPK said:
Warne is overrated as a batsman. No way should he bat ahead of Lee and Gillespie.

Fair enough, he does have a 99 and a 90 though. I suppose Lee is more consistent though.

I think we should declare once Huss gets his 100 with all this rain around. We should be able to bowl them out for under 200 again and it should leave us with only a few runs to chase down quickly at the end

Doctor

Bench
Gee, who would have thought Dizzy could get triple figures? It comes as no surprise that he had to break a record for most balls faced by a nightwatchman in order to do it.

It's a sign of his temperament -- he's always been a dead-bat sort of batsman, and it's worked beautifully for him. Now he finds himself in ideal conditions for him to get the big one, and he doesn't let anyone down. It puts pressure on Shane Warne and to a lesser extent Brett Lee, to get their own centuries. Glenn McGrath must be disappointed. :lol:

ryanallen

Juniors
Symonds won't feel anything.
He has played against high profile test playing nations and hasn't got a chance against struggling countries so it is abit unfair to be saying how symonds feels.

Big difference to the South African bowling attack. Give Roy a go in the 3rd test and he would probably do well.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
two dyas left to get a result

hope Dizzy still has a bit in the tank

we need to get things moving this morning

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
you forgot the AB medal

they are harder to come bu than test match centuries

Latest posts