What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bangladesh Cricket Team

Helmet Man

Juniors
Shamsur Rahman is another opening batsmen that i like the look of. Was one of the top scorers in the BPL. But i'm not too sure how he would go in test cricket. By technique alone he is a very capable batsmen. Strong footwork and a classy legside batsmen. One of his trademark shots is sweeping bowlers for six and also flicking bowlers for six. When it comes off it is fantastic to watch. I would call him an organised batsmen.
I guess my assessment went well because in Shamsur's last ODI match for Bangladesh he played a match winning knock of 96 to guide Bangladesh to a Banglawash. It's pissing me off how people are questioning Bangladesh's progress when they barely play any f**king matches. Victory Day Domestic T20 Cup is going on in Bangladesh to prepare themselves for the T20 World Cup and Mushfiqur is in fine form. Also in other news there are talks of Bangladesh losing the hosting rights for the T20 World Cup due to political unrest.

Helmet Man

Juniors
expecting SL thrashings?
If the BCCI proposal happens then Bangladesh might be drafted to the Intercontinental Cup with the rest of the associate teams. It would be goodbye to test cricket. Its really sad how everything is panning out.

And in the SL tests in 2 days i reckon we will play really well. Our test form has been great and we drew SL in tests in their home ground so we should be able to play even better at our home ground. And in that series we were without Tamim and Shakib so that says something. And we also won the ODI series in that tour as well.

African Monkey

First Grade
Another drawn test for your lot. Mominul Brian Lara Haque with another casual century. Improvement is certainly there in the batting, bowlers finding it a bit harder in the batting friendly conditions.

Helmet Man

Juniors
The first test match made me hang my head in shame. But i am glad they were able to hang in there for the 2nd test match and put up some kind of fight. They went into the first test match with the wrong team. 3 pacers was always going to prove ineffective on a dead pitch especially when they are 3 Bangladeshi pacers. Al Amin is probably the best test bowler in the country. He bowls good lines and looks threatening.

Imrul Kayes was out of the Bangladesh team for about 2 years and has come back into the team with a century so im happy for him. I used to like him as a batsmen as he has one of the better techniques within the team. Temperament is his main issue. Shamsur Rahman who i have talked about before is playing well. Only worry in the team is that Tamim is out of form. Also i feel sorry for Nasir Hossain as he was given out twice in the same test match where he clearly didn't edge the ball. Very unlucky and BCB should look into getting DRS asap because it is costing Bangladesh.

But i think the man who deserves a mention is Mominul Haque. The youngster has seamlessly transitioned for the mediocre first class comp of Bangladesh into test cricket. A well balanced batsmen on his feet who has all the shots and can bat for long periods of time. Quitely going on about his business and currently averages 75+ which no one really knows about. At the rate he is going there is no reason why he cant be in the current top 10 to top 20 best test batsmen of world cricket

As i said before Bangladesh's batsmen are a very talented bunch but what their problem is throwing their wickets away. They themselves are their worst enemy. During the early days of Bangladesh cricket during the Khaled Mahmud, Hannan Sarkar, Nafis Iqbal era they clearly struggled to face any pace attack. They just didn't have the ability back then. In this era this isn't their problem anymore. Its their temperament which is the issue. Also Bangladesh desperately need to find at least two more good pace bowlers who can apply pressure to good batsmen.

African Monkey

First Grade
I can see why youngsters wouldn't want to be fast bowlers lol with the pitches they produce. IMO, Al Amin and Robiul have to be the 2 seamers that lead the attack for the near future anyway, with someone else as the back up 1st change. They're not great, but the best they have atm.

The batting is fine and it's a long batting lineup as well which always helps. Maybe Imrul Kayes was always meant to bat at 3 lol, as he had a shocking record as an opener.

They'll always struggle to win tests with their lack of quality pace bowlers and the roads they produce, but they're becoming extremely tough to beat at home which is a sign that they're slowly heading in the right direction.

Helmet Man

Juniors
The 2 run loss hurt deep especially when the last ball was a clear waist height no ball. The umpires checked and still didn't give it. Bangladesh couldn't have been any unluckier. They deserved to win that match based on their amazing fielding efforts.

Helmet Man

Juniors
Lost for words. Amazing. Breathless. Unbelievable. Another last ball loss for Bangladesh. It has been an amazing T20 series and probably the best T20 cricket I have witnessed.

Mashrafe's captaincy may be criticised in the last match as he didn't bowl Shakib or Arafat Sunny their full quotas but i think dew had played a factor in that situation.

But at the end 120 was not a big enough total. A lot of blame has to go towards the batsmen. Tamim has been piss poor and Shakib really needs to stop trying to loft everything for 6. But Shakib was unlucky to get out because Perera had taken an absolute screamer of a catch. Nasir is out of form.

The positives to have come out from this series has to be the emergence of Arafat Sunny and Anamul Haque. Great to see Anamul playing well. He was the highest run getter in the U-19s World Cup in Australia and its good to see him performing on the international stage.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
$(KGrHqUOKowE1z5YuDkkBNvl6DUolQ~~_12.JPG

Helmet Man

Juniors
No excuses for the loss but the BD team that played Afg clearly was not BD's best team. Shakib, Tamim and Mashrafe who are assets to the team were not available and that left holes in the team. Otherwise the BD team has been piss poor this year. Players are not putting 100% on the field and they just seem to put up zero fight whatsoever. And the fielding has been atrocious. Almost 4 drop catches a game.

The Afghan captain trolled Bangladesh after the game as well
When asked about Afghanistan's poor fielding, he said "We didn't want to beat Bangladesh so comprehensively, so we dropped a few catches"

:D:D:D

Timbo

Staff member
The Aghanis have a couple of decent quick bowlers... Funny how even they can produce them but Bangladesh and India can't.

Latest posts