What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banned Carney considering NFL

Charlie124

First Grade
I think someone needs to explain to Todd that 1 year is, in fact, only 12 months long. The way he is carrying on suggests to me that he thinks this is the end of the world. Get a part time job and keep yourself fit for a year Todd, by the sounds of it you wont have a shortage of teams chasing your signature when the time is up. I just hope my club isnt one of them.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No player in history has played for a NFL team in a key position from another code without many years learning the game. Cloud cuckoo land!

ozjet1

F**k people have no idea sometimes.
Too short to be a running back? He's 6"1'....a lot of star RB aren't even that height.
Get your facts straight.

I don't think he could be a punter though.

your right about his height.....many running backs are under 6'1". one of the greatest was 5'8"-203lbs (173cm-91kg) and his name was Barry Sanders. warwick dunn currently of the Tampa Bay Buccs is only 5'9"-180lbs (175cm-82kg). and Darren Sproles who was franchise tagged by the San Diego Chargers for the '09 season is only 5'6"-181lbs (1.68cm-82kg). but these guys had/have the agility to stop on a 10cent piece, twist out of trouble, find the hole and turn on the jets to get through. the hip flexibilty of these guys is oustanding and it appears to be a physical attribute those west african in origin seem to possess in abundance. no way can Carney do it?

here's sproles ducking, weaving, turning on the speed.......and getting jacked-up on occasion in his match winning performance against the Colts in the Wild-card playoff last season. he looks like an 8-yo up against the regular sized NFL player.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ddc0b3

sooperdooper

First Grade
The Aussies who punt are all ex-AFL players and players who had enormous boots to say the least. Carney can kick a ball but nowhere near as far as a twinkie in tight shorts.

He's a silly little grub who needs to find something else to do with his life.

an AFL ball is easier to kick in distance...

Raider_69

Post Whore
Carney can kick long and he can kick high, but he cant get the hight and distance in the same kick to be a punter
thats why AFL players are good punters, they have monster boots, and can put height and distance in the same kick

Although id be interested in seeing how a RL kicker could go applying the same tactics as the NRL. If a kicker with a long but not neccascarily high boot can master the use of a gridion ball and learn to kick it consistantly rolling end of end, potentially, if the kickers good enough, he can kick like they do in the NRL, lowish, hard and angled for the touchline and pin the teams in their own 10 yard lines. I dont know how successful it would be, probably not very but thats his best hope really

Shorty

Staff member
your right about his height.....many running backs are under 6'1". one of the greatest was 5'8"-203lbs (173cm-91kg) and his name was Barry Sanders. warwick dunn currently of the Tampa Bay Buccs is only 5'9"-180lbs (175cm-82kg). and Darren Sproles who was franchise tagged by the San Diego Chargers for the '09 season is only 5'6"-181lbs (1.68cm-82kg). but these guys had/have the agility to stop on a 10cent piece, twist out of trouble, find the hole and turn on the jets to get through. the hip flexibilty of these guys is oustanding and it appears to be a physical attribute those west african in origin seem to possess in abundance. no way can Carney do it?

here's sproles ducking, weaving, turning on the speed.......and getting jacked-up on occasion in his match winning performance against the Colts in the Wild-card playoff last season. he looks like an 8-yo up against the regular sized NFL player.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ddc0b3
I daresay race is irrelevent to what you're talking about.
What you're listing is the attributes of smaller athletes.

What most of the African American players do have in bucketloads is fast twitch fibres that are superior to your white guy.
They have ridiculous explosive power.

And yeah I had Sproles in mind too,which is why I laughed at people saying Carney is too short to play RB.
But yeah he hasn't got nearly enough agility.

Raider_69

Post Whore
But yeah he hasn't got nearly enough agility.
I wouldnt be so sure of that, the bloke has LOADS of agility, agreed not on the same level of the RB's in NFL but he's still young, if he was to fair dinkum have a crack at it and spend 3-4 years learning the game and training, i recon he could make a pretty good fist of it, he's quick, strong for his size and had pretty good footwork. No way he could be an all downs RB though

Timbo

Staff member
I think someone needs to explain to Todd that 1 year is, in fact, only 12 months long. The way he is carrying on suggests to me that he thinks this is the end of the world. Get a part time job and keep yourself fit for a year Todd, by the sounds of it you wont have a shortage of teams chasing your signature when the time is up. I just hope my club isnt one of them.

Awfully good point.

Who'd sign him even if they wanted to - his mentality is wait twelve months and play for Manly or Penrith. Why'd anyone want to sign him to a contract - even if it was a bottom rung contract - if they know he's going to bugger off in a year?

I've said it before, I'll say it again: sit down and shut the f**k up Todd. You brought this on yourself.

Spike

First Grade
This story is more legless than Todd most of the time. Nothing will come of it

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Carney has more then enough size to play runing back as well as the speed. Not all runing backs are like quick, sizes and paces vary.

I don't think he could ever be a runing back, however punter maybe.

And the great Doug Flutie was just on 6'0.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I think though that a guy like Preston Campbell could make it as runing back, small yes but he reminds me so much of Dave meggit when he was playing for the Giants..

emil1989

Juniors
he'd make a good drunk spectator..other then that he should just become a referee or something haha

no name

Referee
I wouldnt be so sure of that, the bloke has LOADS of agility, agreed not on the same level of the RB's in NFL but he's still young, if he was to fair dinkum have a crack at it and spend 3-4 years learning the game and training, i recon he could make a pretty good fist of it, he's quick, strong for his size and had pretty good footwork. No way he could be an all downs RB though
:lol:
Yeah all he needs is one more chance.......

Dave Q

Coach
carney_narrowweb__300x386,0.jpg

Todd "Just one more chance" Carney.

The most stupid person ever to play in the NRL

Do something smart and eat that ball you whinging sour-faced punk.

Latest posts