What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banned Carney considering NFL

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Extreme?
Um the top 5 RB in NFL would feature at least two players not only under 6'0
" but well under.

He is not too small for RB.
You need to watch some Darren Sproles clips or something.

Marshawn Lynch is only about 5'10 i think? he went to the probowl this year.

However many running backs are over 6'0 anyway? off the top of my head Adrian Petersen and Larry Johnson....?

How much NFL you watched?

This was the original reason I started watching:lol:
I love their jerseys and what they wear and then got into the game hardcore.

I guess I kinda got into it a lil bit due to that too. I got about 20 odd NFL hoodies, so I know all the teams but I don't know many of the players like you guys. Just a few. I got a day off for my birthday and ended up watching the entire superbowl. I think Fitzgerald from the Cardinals is an awesome athlete. Santonio Holmes too. I think the wide receivers are probably my fav players.

Raider_69

Post Whore
NFL is awesome, it is the PERFECT replacement for RL
it's season starts around the same time our finals do, so by the time the NRL finishes up, the NFL is just heating up and it finishes up with about a month before NRL trials start

absolutelt perfect :D
I've only got into it last season when i moved back home and watched a heap of it on foxtel, the more you watch, the better it gets. I think most League fans who have seen a good game in full would be instantly hooked.

Chachi

Bench
It's a decent game when condensed in a highlights package. Too much piss farting around in real time.

monaroCountry

Juniors
lol good one mate, Sav Rocca slaming Roscoe Parish, Roscoe is only about 5'9:lol: he gets smashed every week like that :lol:

Too bad all those other NFL players couldnt lay a hand on Roscoe Parish.

:lol: I take it you don't watch too much NFL. let's see Carney tackle like Julius Peppers or Warren Sapp

Warren Sapp is retired and I wouldnt think Carney would have much trouble tackling Sapp and Julius. Carney can already tackle similar big and tall men in NRL.

Warren Sapp is 6' 2" and 300lbs,

^I think in general NRL players would struggle with NFL defence.
The tackle is far more impact orientated.
In NRL tacking is used for dominance,in NFL it's to get someone to the ground as quick as possible.

Why do you think NRL players would struggle with defence? Both codes have high impact, both codes allow shoulder charges, both codes have a certain number of go's, and both codes tries to limit ground from being gained.

Rugby League on the other hand relys more on harder tackles and less pushing and shoving like they do in the NFL.

Lets use extreme examples of players that were small. Why not for something differernt look at the normal standard runing back.
I will say it again Carney is too small, not necessarily to do with height. He is snot a big enough build nor strong enough. He would get smashed and I am convinced he would not even make 90% of college teams.

These rugby league guys have a better chance bulking up than NFL guys of slimming down and lasting more than 10 minutes in an NRL game.

There are plenty of NFL players smaller, and plenty of NFL players lighter or the same weight as Todd. What Todd can bring is a far better catching and handling skills, and far better defence. Todd would not be a bad runner and planner as well.

As for not even making 90% of college teams, come on and be serious, Todd is a professional athlete, playing on a game with a more international tallent pool than the (American based) NFL.

If something was going to limit Todd it would be his knowledge of the game, he would need time to remember the plays etc.

Johnny Smith

Juniors
How about the obvious?

If you cannot play in the U.K because you have been refused a visa due to a criminal record, guess how far you would get in the U.S?

He will wait a year and then pick up his $200,000.00 annual salary from the NRL.

Who is writing this crap?

bluesbreaker

Bench
Monarocountry, whoever that other clown was, read my post again carefully and see if you can spot where you're going wrong.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Too bad all those other NFL players couldnt lay a hand on Roscoe Parish.

lol, Roscoe is one of the most elusive players in the NFL. He simply wrong footed the others as they were half blocked, what? you've never seen Preston Campbell do that in the NRL, step past people?:lol:

Warren Sapp is retired and I wouldnt think Carney would have much trouble tackling Sapp and Julius. Carney can already tackle similar big and tall men in NRL.

Warren Sapp is 6' 2" and 300lbs,

How many 300 lbs players play in the NRL? no he wouldn't be able to tackle them, particulary with blockers in the way.

Why do you think NRL players would struggle with defence? Both codes have high impact, both codes allow shoulder charges, both codes have a certain number of go's, and both codes tries to limit ground from being gained.

NFL defences are mainly a watch and see thing, unless you're blitzing, whilst in league it's genrally move up on them, not to mention in NFL you have to contend with 330 lbs blockers as well.

Rugby League on the other hand relys more on harder tackles and less pushing and shoving like they do in the NFL.

different types of defense, in the NRL defences move up, whilst in the NFL LB's etc have to see what the opposing offense is going to do unless offcourse you blitz which is generally a 50/50 chance of sucess, and that's being very geneous.

There are plenty of NFL players smaller, and plenty of NFL players lighter or the same weight as Todd. What Todd can bring is a far better catching and handling skills, and far better defence. Todd would not be a bad runner and planner as well.

If he was that good he'd be signed up by now, NFL recievers make careers out of their catching ability, yet you think its just that simple?

As for not even making 90% of college teams, come on and be serious, Todd is a professional athlete, playing on a game with a more international tallent pool than the (American based) NFL.

If something was going to limit Todd it would be his knowledge of the game, he would need time to remember the plays etc.

he'll never make it as anything, quote me on that, far BETTER athletes have not succeded at the NFL. Willie Mason was laughed at, he has done alot more then Carney in RL. lol

The only one player i can think of is Inglis as a reciever and perhaps SBW as a tightend, even them would unlikely make it in in college little lone NFL.

Last edited:

lucablight

First Grade
Wtf is with all you people using feets, inches and pounds. The metric system is superior in every way. USE IT!

monaroCountry

Juniors
lol, Roscoe is one of the most elusive players in the NFL. He simply wrong footed the others as they were half blocked, what? you've never seen Preston Campbell do that in the NRL, step past people?:lol:

Ive seen Preston do that but boy those NFL players take pathetic tackling to a whole new and different level. Who are they trying to be, Superman with 80's shoulder pads? And surprise surprise the only person that actually tackled him was an Aussie, what made it worse was that Aussie was also a punter.

How many 300 lbs players play in the NRL? no he wouldn't be able to tackle them, particulary with blockers in the way.

Have you seen the size of his beer belly? and Americans actually call these people athletes? it boggles the mind sometimes.

NFL defences are mainly a watch and see thing, unless you're blitzing, whilst in league it's genrally move up on them, not to mention in NFL you have to contend with 330 lbs blockers as well.

In rugby league you have a whole team to watch and defend against, which is allot more difficult than just watching the fat lard positioned opposite you.

If he was that good he'd be signed up by now, NFL recievers make careers out of their catching ability, yet you think its just that simple?

Americans are not really that open to the world around them, especially when it comes to sports. Their sport stars are normally locally grown that although are treated like rock stars in America are laughed at by the rest of the world. Take for example those round and round NASCAR drivers or their padded up love to rest NFL players.

Todd wanted to be a rugby league player, he is only looking at the NFL to fill in his spare time. The reason why he isnt signed up is because he cant go to Britain and play super league because of visa issues, and he cant play in Australia because of his current ban. Clubs are vey much interested in gaining his services after the ban.

he'll never make it as anything, quote me on that, far BETTER athletes have not succeded at the NFL. Willie Mason was laughed at, he has done alot more then Carney in RL. lol

Willie Mason doesnt have the brains to do anything else, no surprise there. The trip by Willie Mason was also not serious, this was reinforced by both league officials and Masons manager before the trip. Masons contracts prevented him from playing NFL.

The only one player i can think of is Inglis as a reciever and perhaps SBW as a tightend, even them would unlikely make it in in college little lone NFL.

In saying that I dought any top NFL players can play rugby league at the top level or even on a feeder level, they simply do not posses the rugby leauge instinct, does not have the physical mkeup, the endurance to last 10 minutes, the skills to do a wide range of tasks or the knowledge to play the game.

That 300 lbs player that you love to point out would be a weak point, and would use up all the interchange allocation wihin the first 30 minutes.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Yes it is.
It's ironic that there are racists and rednecks that peddle the whole 'superior race' crap cause really,at least from an athleticism point of view it's severely inaccurate.

How bout from an intelligence point of view?

ozjet1

In saying that I dought any top NFL players can play rugby league at the top level or even on a feeder level, they simply do not posses the rugby leauge instinct, does not have the physical mkeup, the endurance to last 10 minutes, the skills to do a wide range of tasks or the knowledge to play the game.

That 300 lbs player that you love to point out would be a weak point, and would use up all the interchange allocation wihin the first 30 minutes.

athletes train for the sport they participate in. American Footballers dont need the endurance, so they dont condition themselves to have the physical quality. its a sport requiring explosive power. it works both ways. that's why Willie Mason was laughed out of the country as he had guys taller and heavier than him outsprinting him over the short distances required in the game, and smaller players were stonger than him. if an NFL player came out here and had to test themselves out with a repeat sets of 6 in defense, they'd struggle too. but let's be honest, why would they want to when the best guys over there can are paid millions per season.

ozjet1

Have you seen the size of his beer belly? and Americans actually call these people athletes? it boggles the mind sometimes.
and once again, an athlete is not merely one who can run and run and run......this seems to be a fallicy the AFL guys like to peddle too. Is a shotputter, or a weightlifter not an athlete?? Strength is a physical quality required to compete in many sports.....this is the requirement to be 'fit' to compete in the sport.

You'd be suprised how well these athletes.......greater than 300lbs and with beer bellies.......can move too.