What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett deal all but done

xofstgeorge

Juniors
Quietly confident that Baz will end up in the Red V. Wait for an announcement after Rnd 13.

All parties concerned have said he wont be coming here, the fans have said we dont want him here, so what part of "f**k off barrett you money hungry bastard" doesnt he get?

Also, did he not realise that england is on the other side of the planet from aus before he left?
Perhaps the real reason he wants to come back is that the pubs over there are too full with people for him to do push ups on the bar in his jocks?

Certified c**k smoker..........:crazy:

Slackboy72

Coach
But it depends what Saint Benny says and I'm betting he has already said no.
I doubt he'll want someone who is chasing dollars. He's more likely to want someone who want's to play for the Dragons for the right reasons. He's done this before at the broncos.

watatank

Coach
He signed a $600 000 deal over two years. That's not that much as I thought it would be...How did the Dragons pull out of that race so early? :S

marty_dragon

Juniors
who ever wants trent barret can have trent barrett and i hope he never plays for the dragons again !!!... He was on a huge amount of money with the dragons and what did he bring us ??? a preliminary final appearence??? when has he ever grabbed a game by the scruff of the neck and dominated like a "johns" or "lokeyer" il tell u when never!! and he should of being on the amount of money he was on !!!! we are the ones with out a premiership and now he's the one saying he wants to go back to a club who is goin to dominate! f**k off mate !!!

at least anthony mundine use to step up in big games and show his worth, he even led our team to a grand final...he may have lost us the game but atleast he got us there...

barret got us no where...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Geez Marty for Baz to get the Daly M he must of played pretty well that season. From memory they did not make the 8 but he played out of his skin and nearly got them there. Melbourn's biggest loss in the NRL was due to a great performance by Baz where he just carved them up.

Biggest loss = 4-50 v St George Illawarra at WIN Stadium (4 -June 2000),
04-Jun-2000,WollongongSt George Illawarra 50Melbourne 4Lee Hookey2 Tony Martin1 Trent Barrett2 Matt Geyer 0/1 Lee Murphy1 Jason Hooper1 Terry Lamey1 Nathan Blacklock22/2 Amos Roberts10/1 Wayne Bartrim 3/7

Godz Illa

Coach
lol still bringing up ancient history Slippery? Max Hollingsworth was brilliant in Canterbury's biggest ever defeat, carved them up with 4 tries in a 91-6 shellacking.

marty_dragon

Juniors
Geez Marty for Baz to get the Daly M he must of played pretty well that season. From memory they did not make the 8 but he played out of his skin and nearly got them there. Melbourn's biggest loss in the NRL was due to a great performance by Baz where he just carved them up.

Biggest loss = 4-50 v St George Illawarra at WIN Stadium (4 -June 2000),

i know what you mean slippery but i dont feel that he was worth the money we were paying him ... look these days i think winning a premiership defines a player ...its something all the great of our game have done, i dont think winning a dally m is as prestigeous as leading a team to a premiership ...its a big statement i know but hey look who's leading the dally m this year.... matt orford ..the bloke who dominates when he plays souths but cracks when the big games come !

i hope i dont start conflict just stating my opinion :D

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Well said Marty.

Look, good luck to Baz & the Sharks......they are going to need it. His days with us are done and dusted & I for one am glad. We had the squad to win a comp (or three) in 04, 05 & 06 but couldn't deliver. Now we are in a phase of rebuilding & are doing so with a quality of player across the park & in a time frame that would be the envy of most clubs. We have a Toyota Cup squad that has won 10 in a row & Wayne Bennett coming aboard next year.
Apart from all that, credit must go to Browny in some part for the recent form line of the team. They have found the intangible that can lead to anything - BELIEF!
I don't know that we have the experience across the park to win it this year, but we were supposed to get the spoon in 96 too & look where we ended up.
They look a real tight knit group this year & anything could happen, especially with our future - Jamie Soward - starting to realise what he do can at NRL level.

I'm so pumped not just for the future, but also right now, that I couldn't give two hoots for what we should have done with Barrett.

He is the past. Done & dusted.

Go Saints!

Latest posts