What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett deal all but done

Willow

Assistant Moderator
He had great games since 2000 but that was a brilliant effort. Especially after the Storm belted the Dragons 70-10 a few months before thanks to BIg mouth Mundine.
Geez, do you really want to be reminded? lol

Saints made countless unforgivable errors.
Cardinal sins include:
Kicking out on the full from the kick-off - TWICE!
Turning their backs on the attacking team.
Sliding and opening huge gaps in defensive line.
Refusing to take the ball up.
Refusing to mark up.
Playing out of position.
Waiting for someone else to do the tackling.
Passing the ball forward from a tap re-start.
Tripping, stumbling and generally looking stupid.
Not taking enough pride in their jersey.

Have I forgotten anything?

'The reality is that anything Mundine said wasn't worth 60 points'
- Mark Coyne, Gold Coast Bulletin (6 Mar 2000)

dragons74

Juniors
Barrett WILL NOT be at the Drags, Dragons have officially pulled out of the race to sign him! Looks like he a Shark.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
CANBERRA are so confident of signing Trent Barrett for next season they have withdrawn a three-year offer to retain local product Terry Campese.
Three NRL clubs - Cronulla, Canberra and the Bulldogs - remain in the mix for Barrett's services after St George Illawarra pulled out of the running yesterday morning. The Sharks are the overwhelming favourites to win the race for his signature.

sorry nossir, stop dreaming

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/raiders-ready-for-barrett/2008/05/10/1210131331460.html

We payed his wages long after he left us, we payed for him to sit on the sideline for yrs when he was injured..

He repeatedly shows he doesn't give a rats about people...
It's all about money for him..

**** off trent, U Rsole..

Come on Dragons give Terry Campese a shot....

Syren

Juniors
Time to find ourselves a genuine halfback. I think Soward works at 5/8, Hornby is not the answer at 7 although he is a great fullback/utility player.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
You'd believe anything the media says.
and is gasniers own words the media.

A guarded Gasnier rejected questions on his future at the post-match press conference following the Dragons' 19-18 loss to Parramatta on Sunday, but later opened up on the subject inside the St George Illawarra dressing room.
"I've explored options over there, yeah," he said when asked whether he was considering a move to France.
"Don't put it in as if I'm trying to get out of my contract."
"I've been confronted with a situation I've had to react to and I'm doing it in my best interests."
"I can only be vague because I'm not one to pinpoint names, things, whatever it is."
"It's definitely not ill-feeling between the club and I and I want the fans to know that."
Pressed for more detail, Gasnier added: "It's not me going out there looking for it."
"Something happened and I've gone and looked. I'm not going to say the exact situation and make a whole circus of this thing."
"I don't want it to be a deja vu of what happened two years ago (a possible move to union) - I don't think it's fair on the club, I don't think it's fair on everyone."
"I know it's going to cause speculation."
http://sportal.com.au/League-news-display/is-gasnier-france-bound-48195

Syren

Juniors
How about we just sack Peter Doust... Not another ridiculous contract that has stupid clauses in it. We copped enough from Barrett's one and now this?!

brokendigit

Juniors
No Barrett, no Kimmorley next year...

How are we going to win a comp in '09 with a PowerRanger & a Fullback in the halves?

Godz Illa

Coach
It looks bleak. Missing out on an average 31 year old Superleague has-been and a 32 year old journeyman halfback who hasn't produced the goods since 2002 has really dampened by enthusiasm.

brokendigit

Juniors
Any side that is seriously intending on winning a comp needs one (preferably 2) halves who can control a match. They don't necessarily need to be matchwinners in their own right (see Cronk), but they need to know how to pace a match. Like Baz or not, he has the goods to get a well-coached, quality side, over the line in September.
I'm happy to hear the alternatives who are going to help us do that.
Soward? Hornby ? Rangi Chase?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Brokendigit,

You're the guy wo proclaimed "No Top 40 Music" after Rick Astley called it quits.

You do my head in.