What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BE WARNED. The North Tom Ugly Nomads Army is approaching

gunnamatta bay

Referee
apparantly there are several saints supporters (and probably a few cronulla fans) devoid of a sense of humour.

In other news:

Todays Leader

http://stgeorge.yourguide.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/soldiers-of-fortune-are-boon-to-sharks-lineup/1230781.aspx

Soldiers of fortune are boon to Sharks' line-up
BY BRAD FORREST
31/07/2008 4:00:00 AM
As some National Rugby League players take the big overseas money and run, good young players such as Cronulla Sharks forwards Grant Millington and Terence Seu Seu and veteran Danny Nutley are happy to play for the scraps - as long as they're in the top grade.
No million dollar contract or the like for these hard heads. They only get paid if they're selected. Other clubs carry these hired guns, troubleshooters brought in to do a job, although Cronulla is one of the few to carry three in their top squad of 18 players.
Coincidentally, with Test player Greg Bird returning from injury for Saturday afternoon's local derby against St George Illawarra at Toyota Stadium, one of the Sharks trio is likely to not get paid this week, after coach Ricky Stuart cuts his interchange bench from five to four.
While NRL players do get a base $350 training wage, the "match payment'' first graders hope each week they've done enough to warrant selection in the NRL teams to earn between $1500 and $2000.
And it's just tough luck if they get injured. Like Seu Seu and Nutley, Millington has profited from misfortune. A season-ending knee injury for Reece Williams and the retirement of Lance Thompson saw both former Roosters, Nutley and Millington, brought on board at Shark Park this season, with Seu Seu hoisted from the NSW Cup ranks after hooker Kevin Kingston went down.
"I'd trained under Ricky in his last season with the Roosters (2006), but I suffered a dislocated knee cap, lost a chunk of cartilage and it took me nearly a season to get over it,'' said Millington, a former state schoolboys rep from the Central Coast.
"I couldn't make the Roosters' NRL full-time squad last season and returned in the Newtown (Premier League) team.
"So Ricky threw me a life-line getting me to the Sharks this season.''
Unlike Nutley, Millington's only "earn'' has come from four NRL games, slightly more than Seu Seu.
But going on his impact from his past two consecutive games, the 107 kilogram second rower stands to net a fair bit more.
Saturday's local derby will be a typically tough affair, with the Sharks not convinced Dragons captain Mark Gasnier (corked thigh) won't play, despite not being selected, with Hurstville United junior Chase Stanley named instead.
Dean Young (virus) returns at hooker and Beau Scott, to the back row after suspension, following their 30-0 drubbing of the hapless Bulldogs on Monday.
With Bird's return and the Sharks record at home (not beaten by the Dragons since 2004), the Sharks will start favourites.
But like last year when Adam Peek, then playing for the Dragons, was sent off and Paul Gallen was put on report, this could be another fiery encounter to give rival fans either side of the Georges River plenty to argue about, there and afterwards.
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/sendtofriend.aspx?id=1230781HYPERLINK/sendtofriend.aspx?id=1230781

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/l HYPERLINK l

javascript:changeFontSize('story',1);HYPERLINKjavascript:changeFontSize('story',1);

javascript:changeFontSize('story',-1);HYPERLINKjavascript:changeFontSize('story',-1);

drake

First Grade
ROUND 1 RESULTS

THE 3 - 2 - 1 PLAYER OF THE DAY.

3 ... Timmmaaahh Romped home on the back of his consistent display Thick as three bricks but he was consistent.

2 ... Juanfarkall. His desperate attempts to counter attack with oversized images. Old theme but worth a try.

1 ... Ronnie Dobbs. His Manlyish attempt to bribe his way into the good books was commendable but he quickly reverted to his uncontrolled anger.

1 ... Drake. Although very sincere in his arguments his use of demographics was over the top and he lost points with the use of the Mediterranean Descendant word.

Any comments about the days points is appreciated but no correspondence will be entered into as I don't give a f**k..... I love youse all.

Tonights Presentation song is dedicated to the Player of the Round Timmaaahhhh.

I know he'll bounce back - he is a real 24/7 punching bag.

Sit down, turn up the volume, and just reminisce about the big T's five star performance today.

HIT IT !!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnjkb4q6FKU

Same time, same place, same shark station.

As Granny Clampitt would say, "You come back you'all hear"

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs
Mate, I knew in time I would be vindicated. Check this thread out, I'm not sure if this fool is a fan dinkum mermaid, but he's deflated your sails a bit if he is.
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=207116
Come on Saints , its not a bad idea. Think what you will get from it! Great beaches , Trent, no Mediterranean Descendants at games,Lance , the best chear squad ( come on you know it) great parking. And you guys can rid yourself of the dead wood, Brownie, Doustie, Ryleie, Gazie ( oh thats right he going to France. Look for the up side Saints!

The Preacher

First Grade
Quigs, come 7-00pm Saturday Big Pat will be as happy as a drunk locked inside Tooheys Brewery, whereas your mob will feel like a Jap on Anzac Day.

Quigs

Immortal
Slow today....

p-anz-1.jpg

saint-colesy

Juniors
You have way too much time on your hand but not enough to come up with a valid argument.. think you will find the club has won five times the amount of premierships in since 1979 then your joke of a club has been in grand finals, you are more over rated then your sh*t merkin team.

i wish for the good of the game that the team on the park put as much effort into winning a premiership then you do with your photoshops.

guess we cant have it all aye?

Quigs

Immortal
Bloody good bite that one. ....

More burly.... bring him to the surface....

p-anz-2.jpg

Now to sit back and wait.....

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

juanfarkall1967

Juniors
Even Wikipedia knows!!! HaHaHaHaHaha !!!

Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Cronulla Sharks)
Jump to: navigation, search
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharkshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Cronullasharks.jpgClub InformationFull nameCronulla Sutherland
District Rugby League
Football Club LtdFounded1963 as Cronulla-CaringbahCurrent DetailsGround(s)Toyota Stadium (22,500)CEO(s) Tony ZappiaCoach Ricky StuartCompetitionNational Rugby League2007National Rugby
Home colours
Away colours Current seasonRecordsPremierships0Runners-up3 (1973, 1978, 1997)Minor premiership2 (1988, 1999)The Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks are an Australian professional rugby league team based in Cronulla, New South Wales in the Sutherland Shire, south of Sydney. They compete in the National Rugby League (NRL), Australia's premier rugby league competition.
The club was admitted to the New South Wales Rugby League premiership, predecessor of the Australian Rugby League and the current National Rugby League competition, in January, 1967. Despite more than 40 years of competition and three Grand Finals, Cronulla has yet to win a premiership.

Tucky

Juniors
Got some beauties this morning Quigs, the tides about to come in so there might be a few more this arvo!

leaguelover3

juniors
Does all this really matter, the Gummies are gonna choke again and again and again, this week is a waste of time, next week is a waste of time.

And very soon regardless they will have that former rubbish tip homeground being used by A Grade, looks like the end is nearing for the fincially challenged gummies. When they restructure the comp to 4 Sydney Teams is cest la vie, (no pun intended).

Oh Well all your life all GUMMIE Rioting lives you will have never seen your club win a Premiership or make a legitimate Grand Final HA HA HA.

:crazy:

Quigs

Immortal
What about young Colesy Quigs I thought you could have managed a point for him.

Big run off the bench, came in with the well rehearsed juanfarkall play, doesn't quite have the thickness edge that timmaa has, but i think he could develop into his equal with a few more runs.

No doubt about it Young Colesy's hit the run on side this morning.

Go you good thang......

Might have to upgrade to a thicker line.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

The Preacher

First Grade
Ya can't call the last two "keepers" Quigs. It's illegal to keep "newbie fish". There's only been about 3 you can throw in the catch tank. ;-)

Quigs

Immortal
Ya can't call the last two "keepers" Quigs. It's illegal to keep "newbie fish". There's only been about 3 you can throw in the catch tank. ;-)

What now you work for the Fisheries Dept.

Oh okay I will tag a couple and release em just for you.

Waiting on a big sweet lip latter on.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

spider

Coach
best laugh in here for a while quigs

you have the BT category stitched up come end of season with this effort