What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bears launch bid to return

jdizzle

Juniors
Sorry, but Chelsea fans tend to be bandwaggoners who only very recently started supporting the club and have similar attitudes to loyalty as yourself (if the roosters went bust you wouldnt care apparently, you'd just find another team). This isnt in the slightest a roosters bashing, its more of a jdizzle bashing, because you came on hear sprouting crap such as

Which is, as i just said, utter crap.

Well Liverpool fans tend to be half-wits who can't spell.

Call me a bandwagoner as much as you want. I do not care.

I live in Bondi, that is why I go for the Roosters. At least I have a rugby league team in the NRL.

There not even there yet and they already want to take 3 games back to Nth Sydney!

Exactly what I thought!

Just go 100% Central Coast.

Then maybe after a couple of years take a game (a one off!) to North Sydney Oval, obviously against Manly.

Move everything to the CC = win, win! Bears are back & CC get a team. Make it a half hearted effort and the CC will get sick of them like the Northern Eagles, particularly when they'd be competing with a well established 100% local A-League side.

Fein

First Grade
Well Liverpool fans tend to be half-wits who can't spell.

Call me a bandwagoner as much as you want. I do not care.

I live in Bondi, that is why I go for the Roosters. At least I have a rugby league team in the NRL.

Son, you're a tard is what you are.

The fact that you follow Chelski and The Rorters, speaks volumes for you as an individual.

Stick that silver spoon up your arse, you twig.

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee
3 games at NSO is stupid (as much as i wish it was 12), if we come back into the comp it should be max 1 game at North Sydney per year. Ideally Manly but if not easts souths or wests would be preferable.

mongoose

Coach
would love to see the bears back in the NRL. I think the CC will get behind them, jesus If they can get behind the a-league team the bears will have no problems.

Loudstrat

Coach
Oi Timmah - how about merging those Perth Red threads into one all round thread for hopeless twats?

And while you are at it, how about a bears FORUM?????

Loudstrat

Coach
Thank you.

Someone has to save the code from oblivion -which will happen if Sydney clubs are killed willy nilly and tradition discounted as an asset.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
I think its time the NRL included the Central Coast and a 2nd Brisbane team into the competition. Perth and Adelaide are just not ready. Not saying they don't deserve it however Central Coast and 2nd Brisbane team will stengthen the competition. Perth and Adelaide will expand the comp, but will they reall strengthen it? Has Western Force done for the ARu what they wanted?

Hopefully by 2011-2012 this world financial bullsh*t would of gone away, the NRL can re-negotiate a TV rights deal that actually does the game justice, and as a roll on effect the salary cap will rise and the grant to clubs will increase.

The argument that there are not enough quality players is an uninformed and misguided one. You only have to look at the players converting to Rugby like Sonny Bill, Craig Gower, Luke Rooney, Mark Gasnier, Timana Tahu and Berrick Barnes. Imagine a team built around these players. And this isnt including all the players still in their prime playing in the UK Super League.

The Central Coast Mariners have done quite well considering they have only been around a short time. I can't say that im an expert but im assuming RL is far more popular then Soccer on the Central Coast. With local support its a win-win for the region and for the NRL.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqnews/cash-waiting-for-bears-florimo/2009/07/11/1247258265063.html

Investors ready to put cash into Bears: Florimo

Adrian Proszenko | July 12, 2009

CENTRAL COAST Bears have already received interest from potential backers after releasing an investor document during the week. The Bears have held preliminary talks with interested parties as they ramp up their bid for readmission into the NRL for 2013.

"Even after all the drama that the game has gone through, we're finding there are still people in the market interested in investing in the game," Bears chief executive Greg Florimo said. "We've had a positive response since going to the market, people want to talk to us."

The investor document - obtained by The Sun-Herald - provides detailed financial projections, an outline of the club's management structure and demographic information on the region the Bears will represent. It also contains supporting statements from some of sport's most influential names including Wayne Bennett, Andrew Johns, Peter Sterling, Wally Lewis, Shane Webcke, Wayne Pearce and the Nine Network's sports boss, Steve Crawley.

"The people of the Central Coast and north shore of Sydney deserve their own team and I am 100 per cent behind the push for the Central Coast Bears to be granted an NRL licence," Bennett said in the document.

The Bears held a function in the Sydney CBD on Thursday night to provide an update on the latest developments in their bid to re-join the competition. About 300 fans, potential investors and league identities heard Florimo and coach-in-waiting David Fairleigh outline their vision for the club. The event also doubled as the official launch of the club's membership drive.

"It's very exciting to be able to build the culture of a football club from the ground up," Fairleigh said.

"This will be a team which North Sydney and the Central Coast will be able to call their own."

Wests Tigers forward Chris Heighington has already been touted as the first signing and captain for the Bears. And The Sun-Herald can reveal that Queensland and Australian halfback Johnathan Thurston, the game's best player, is next in their sights.

"You couldn't get a bigger name in the game and he's playing the best football of his career," Florimo said. "Someone of Thurston's ilk adds an incredible amount of credibility to the football club.

"He brings a level of maturity that we're looking for as we move forward. Having someone of his calibre would be a fantastic drawcard to an emerging team.

"We intend to talk to Johnathan firsthand about our intentions and make it known that we want him to be, alongside Chris Heighington, one of our marquee signings."

you've only just noticed? The guys the most abusive person on this forum.

"Loudy" - as people quasi-affectionately call him - totally is the most abusive person on this forum.

When you don't see things his way, he throws a tantrum.

Well done Bears - your place is currently being taken up by cronulla. Dont worry, i know the media are not reporting on it, but the finances are still just as dire.

Latest posts