What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bears launch bid to return

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth is proving itself. PNG , Wellington and CC need to do the same if they want a place. But hey ho whatever troll!

Loudstrat

Coach
How is Perth proving itself? Be being defunct, and wetting itself over a trial?

Why are you so against the BEars readmission, when it would be the only way Perth would get entry?

I can only come up with 2 answers:
1) You want to decimate NSW clubs.
2) You are a nutter.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
trackhead ronnie
if ....and that is a huge if, this is true, then the bears are bigger parasites then i thought they were.....they sat back and let Manly pay out the norths players (i forget if it is in this thread or another one, adam muir has confirmed this)...and did not put their hands into their pockets......f**ken tightarse pieces of sh*t

now back to the dead bears society cubby house, for you ronnie

You idiot. Manly didn't pay anyone out - because they were broke. They took the Bears money after the forced JV - a dodgy deal to keep them alive.

Looks like Manly might be broke again if Max and Henny Penny don't stop bitching over the carcass of Manly Leagues Club.

Speaking of Max, there was once another Max who wrote a song "Slipping Away" - might be the new anthem for the Manly Scum to replace Eagle Crock. :lol:

You idiot. Manly didn't pay anyone out - because they were broke. They took the Bears money after the forced JV - a dodgy deal to keep them alive.

Looks like Manly might be broke again if Max and Henny Penny don't stop bitching over the carcass of Manly Leagues Club.

Speaking of Max, there was once another Max who wrote a song "Slipping Away" - might be the new anthem for the Manly Scum to replace Eagle Crock. :lol:

keep living in your black and red fantasy world, trackhead......if there was any truth in this Manly and the Bears would still be in court, fighting lawsuits.......instead of the Bears meekly running away to a second tier comp and Manly winning the 2008 Grand Final

back to the dead bears society for you, trackhead

Perth Red

Post Whore
How is Perth proving itself? Be being defunct, and wetting itself over a trial?

Err apart from the jnr development work that has been happening over the last 3 years, the development of the WA Reds,flashing the cash to get NRL teams to Perth? Oh did I mention the Govt lobbying, lobbying for a stadium upgrade, the NRL lobbying and the strengthening of the WARL comp?

Why are you so against the BEars readmission, when it would be the only way Perth would get entry?
In a comp with 16 teams I think 10 in one state is enough!
I believe in expansion of the game, not just increasing teams in areas that are already RL areas
It could well come down to a direct choice between another NSW team or Perth.

I have said many times that the safest option is the CC and the Reds in 2012. My ideal would be Reds and Wellington for a whole variety of reasons, none relating directly to the Nth Sydney Bears.

Knightmare

Coach
I don't think so. It's 95% chance of the Central Coast AND Perth being admitted at the same time. PNG and a second NZ side is a little too ambitious at this stage.

Loudstrat

Coach
I believe in expansion of the game, not just increasing teams in areas that are already RL areas
I see the wisdom in that. Lets ignore a ready-to-go club with a world class stadium and a potential 18k average home crowd because it's in the wrong spot on the map.
I would have thought that you'd love for Perth to have a side - period - without demanding who else is in the comp.

Which is why your mob failed in the first place. It had no idea where the strength of the code lay. You rushed into a comp that ignored NSW. You barely lasted 18 months.

You have proven that you are an anti NSW troll masquerading as a Perth fan. It's not so much about an NRL team from Perth, as damaging NSW, right?

Troll.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lets keep the Perth discussions in the Perth thread shall we?

Can anyone tell me what the Bears are doing to prime the CC at the moment? Is there any link up with the area at all happening?

Brycey

Juniors
can't even sellout a stadium that isn't that big in capacity when having only a few matches per year yes this is a region that is dying for a team of its own.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They may want to buy some grass seeds before they put their bid in!
http://www.centralcoaststadium.com.au/
The Sydney Roosters trial against the Parramatta Eels on Saturday 28 February has been relocated from Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford to Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

Bluetongue Stadium has been advised by Gosford City Council that the playing surface is showing signs of heavy wear following the third consecutive hectic summer schedule

jdizzle

Juniors
The Bears should just get over it. No one cares about them anymore besides the fans who are too stubborn to move on.

NSW is bankrupt. They can't even hold onto west Sydney from the AFL.

Huh?
Are you saying that AFL is more popular in western Sydney?
Have you ever been to western Sydney?

AFL have absolutely no hope there
Their talk of putting a team there is all smoke and mirrors cause if it is not then they just might be the dumbest organization in the world.

Fein

First Grade
The Bears should just get over it. No one cares about them anymore besides the fans who are too stubborn to move on.

bullsh*t they don't care about them.

The people who follow the game know they were screwed over.

To see Manly in turmoil, and make no mistake, it's enormous turmoil, warms my heart.

f**k Manly off.

Bring Back The Bears!!!!

jdizzle

Juniors
bullsh*t they don't care about them.

The people who follow the game know they were screwed over.

To see Manly in turmoil, and make no mistake, it's enormous turmoil, warms my heart.

f**k Manly off.

Bring Back The Bears!!!!

Yawn.

jdizzle

Juniors
Not really. But when my team ceases to exist in the competition, I move on to another team. Rather than dwindling on it.

mightybears

Bench
http://northsydneybears.com.au/Bears Den/News/Reports/20090109-florimo-aims-for-2011.htm

FLORIMO AIMS FOR 2011
9th January 2009, North Shore Times
By Joshua Levi

MEMORIES: Greg Florimo looks at his first Norths jersey from 1986 in 'The Mighty Bears 100 years of Rugby League' exhibition at North Sydney Heritage Centre, Stanton Library. Photo: Brad Hunter
(click to see bigger image)

Within five years, the Bears and the Sea Eagles could once again be doing battle at North Sydney Oval.

According to Bears, Football Club general manager and club great Greg Florimo, the club will submit a proposal this year to be reinstated as the central Coast Bears in 201l.

"It's the little carrot that we will be back in the NRL one day that keeps us all going. Now there is an opportunity to take advantage of an opening that is presenting itself, and we are ready to go with it," Florimo said.

The best-case scenario for the North Shore is for the under-16 and under-18 representatives sides to play out of North Sydney Oval, but all the senior teams would be based on the Central Coast.

"The structure remains to be seen, but we have great support from our junior clubs and we want to maintain that support. We will take the North Sydney tradition and the huge fan base to the central Coast with us."

Florimo said the Bears have spoken to the NRL and several key stakeholders, and the revival is no longer a pipe-dream.

"We'd like to think we'll be at the NRL by midseason with our business plan. We’re looking at 2011 for a return, but ... the timing is up to the NRL and has a lot to do with the renegotiation of television rights."

"The plan is to bring the Bears vs Manly to North Sydney Oval, and maybe one or two other games as well. I have no doubt we'll be able to pack the stands."

While the club's focus is on the future, it has joined forces with the Stanton Library to create an exhibition that commemorates 100 year ofthe North Sydney Bears, including old jerseys, trophies and photos since the club's inception in 1908.

North Sydney major Genia McCaffrey said the exhibition is an asset to the community.

"The exhibition is a great way to show how the history of the game is intertwined with the history of our local area."

"It celebrates the achievements of the club and shines the spotlight on great players like Herman Peters, Ken Irvine and Greg Florimo." she said.

Latest posts