What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bears launch bid to return

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Rubbish.

By getting rid of Sydney clubs for the sake of out of town clubs is like taking two steps back to take a step forward.

The REAL problem is the failure of Gallop to get the game the correct financial return it deserves because of self interest, we all know this. NOT because a Sydney club having a rough trot.

Get the game the money it easily commands and expand the game to 18, CC and Perth. It's a no brainer and a massive positive for the game. However whilst News have us by the b*lls it's not going to happen.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
Rubbish.

By getting rid of Sydney clubs for the sake of out of town clubs is like taking two steps back to take a step forward.

The REAL problem is the failure of Gallop to get the game the correct financial return it deserves because of self interest, we all know this. NOT because a Sydney club having a rough trot.

Get the game the money it easily commands and expand the game to 18, CC and Perth. It's a no brainer and a massive positive for the game. However whilst News have us by the b*lls it's not going to happen.

100% spot on.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
"Loudy" - as people quasi-affectionately call him - totally is the most abusive person on this forum.

When you don't see things his way, he throws a tantrum.

Well done Bears - your place is currently being taken up by cronulla. Dont worry, i know the media are not reporting on it, but the finances are still just as dire.

When people don't see things your way, you give them a bullsh*t life story, and talk about your cars.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Full marks to the Bears for their spin! They look to be going about things the right way but actually talking to Thurston to see if he has any interest before announcing his potential signing in the media wouldn't be a bad move!

I know the WA Reds bid committee have comminshed a report re the value of having Perth in the comp in terms of sponsorship and TV opportunities and hopefully we will be announcing our "potential" signings soon!

When people don't see things your way, you give them a bullsh*t life story, and talk about your cars.

i dont think you have a right to say. you can barely spell and your prejudice against myself is widely known. though i dont know why you feel that way, it strikes me as odd and creepy in a sense. perverted even.

But if thats what you would like to think, I will let you. :)

"Loudy" - as people quasi-affectionately call him - totally is the most abusive person on this forum.

When you don't see things his way, he throws a tantrum.

Well done Bears - your place is currently being taken up by cronulla. Dont worry, i know the media are not reporting on it, but the finances are still just as dire.

I thought they blocked that semi-Cronulla-Central Coast move by the Sharks and ofcourse their finances are still dire. News are just pputting their usual spin in other worthless topics... like Global Warming.

Loudstrat

Coach
Full marks to the Bears for their spin! They look to be going about things the right way but actually talking to Thurston to see if he has any interest before announcing his potential signing in the media wouldn't be a bad move!
So now you have to ask a players permission before saying "we would like to have you play for us"? FFS, how petty are you going to go in order to bag the Bears entry???
I know the WA Reds bid committee have comminshed a report re the value of having Perth in the comp in terms of sponsorship and TV opportunities and hopefully we will be announcing our "potential" signings soon!
Wow. A report. The Bears are talking to player and sponsors, and have a coach and a ground. Perth have a f*cking report. You are so far ahead......

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sadly we have to counteract the dealings of the NRL and Sydney media. Your not signing anyone, you are "talking" about how you would like potential players to play for you in 4 years time should you be in the NRL!

Bears need the spin as they know that if ANY Sydney team goes belly up they are dead in the water (and may well be anyway given the NRL's distinct desire to have a relocation to the CC), we'll just quietly keep going about our business and ensuring come 2011 we are ready to put in a very strong bid.

Loudstrat

Coach
If a team goes belly up, do you think $8 million will save them?

CC's only obstacle is News Ltd and their apathy. A future obstacle may arise from a strong bid from a second Brisbane side.

Still laugh at you though. Perth efforts are wonderful in the face of massive media hostility - yet Bears efforts are merely spin :lol:. So far, their spin sh*ts on your wonderful efforts.

Perth Red

Post Whore
We shall see!

(I think taking the $8mill and chancing their arm on the CC would be a better option than dropping to the NSW cup so yes I think they would move.)

Loudstrat

Coach
If a club folds, they fold. They don't drop a grade. $8 million won't fund a first grade side for a year.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
We shall see!

(I think taking the $8mill and chancing their arm on the CC would be a better option than dropping to the NSW cup so yes I think they would move.)

If a club folds, they fold. They don't drop a grade. $8 million won't fund a first grade side for a year.

You 2 put up a great arguement to get a team back in only to be wooden spooners first year back in if it ever happens.

Hey good luck and 10 points for trying:lol:

Latest posts