What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bears launch bid to return

MsStorm

Bench
Australias top 10 population centres, we need to put teams that have the population and corporate presence to support a $20mill a year sports company.

SydneyNew South Wales4,336,3742MelbourneVictoria3,806,0923BrisbaneQueensland1,857,5944PerthWestern Australia1,554,7695AdelaideSouth Australia1,158,2596Gold Coast-TweedQueensland/New South Wales583,6577NewcastleNew South Wales523,6628Canberra-QueanbeyanAustralian Capital Territory/New South Wales388,072*CanberraAustralian Capital Territory [3]339,5739WollongongNew South Wales280,15910Sunshine CoastQueensland230,429

Perth should be the next new team.
Then Adelaide.
The AFL have their sights on r/l territory because of all the turmoil within league. They plan well ahead and do it well.

T to the T

Juniors
Get an Adelaide side doing the same as the WA Reds. Progress through the JB Cup then move on to either the Q or NSW Cup and try to gain a foothold of sorts.

CC Bears and WA Reds should be next 2 franchises, then 2 of Wellington, South Brisbane or Adelaide. 20 teams by 2015 is key!

BRING BACK THE BEARS!

banner4bearsme8.jpg

RIGHT ONE OF THE LAST CRIMES OF THE SL WAR!

Red Bear

Referee
It would be great to see the Bears back and on the CC with their home games against souths, roosters or the WT at NSO.
I'd be happy with 1 game a year at NSO, joint would be packed, but other than that has to be pretty much full time move to the CC.

Manly at North Sydney Oval would be a f**king great day.

Knightmare

Coach
That it would, considering one of my mates lives just across Falcon Street from the park. Could stay at his getting liquored up until half an hour before kick-off then go across to the match without having to pay a fortune for grog!

.....That and giving Manly fans crap from the balcony back at his place as they waited for the bus back across the spit after getting a hiding!

Copa

Bench
i was raised on the Central Coast.

The Central Coast and North Sydney are two distinct areas and the people share no affiliation with each other. I don't see how the problem of fans leaving RL in north sydney would change if the central coast got a team..... and if they maintained any of the North Sydney identity while playing on the CC people on the CC will not offer full support.

MayMoo

Juniors

The Central Coast and North Sydney are two distinct areas and the people share no affiliation with each other. I don't see how the problem of fans leaving RL in north sydney would change if the central coast got a team..... and if they maintained any of the North Sydney identity while playing on the CC people on the CC will not offer full support.

Yes they are distinct areas, albeit adjoining.

The Bears also built a stadium up there and went broke in the process.

I don't believe that a team in red and black and called the Central Coast Bears playing out of Gosford would not get massive support. I also grew up on the Central Coast.

As for existing Bears fans on the North Shore (and Central Coast) well we actually voted to move there anyway.

I guess I dont have a massive problem with the Central Coast team not being the Bears, as long as North Sydney Bears are reinstated first playing out of North Sydney Oval.

But I believe what is best for RL would be for the Bears to play out of Gosford as the Central Coast Bears.

This is also my preferred option.

Bluebags1908

Juniors

Balmain and Campbelltown are two distinct areas and the people share no affiliation with each other. St. George and Illawarra are two distinct areas and the people share no affiliation with each other. Seems to work OK for Wests Tigers and the Dragons.

Apart from not being a joint-venture, the difference here is that the team will play the vast majority of their home games in Gosford (and unlike the Northern Eagles which was a 50/50 split with Brookvale) and the name of the team will be "Central Coast".

As for old Norths fans on the North Shore, as long as the team wears Red and Black and is called the Bears and they play a token 1 or 2 games a year at North Sydney Oval they would support the team 100%.

Since Norths left the comp I've never come across a single Norths fan that says they won't support the Central Coast Bears.

Copa

Bench
Balmain and Campbelltown are two distinct areas and the people share no affiliation with each other. St. George and Illawarra are two distinct areas and the people share no affiliation with each other. Seems to work OK for Wests Tigers and the Dragons.

Apart from not being a joint-venture, the difference here is that the team will play the vast majority of their home games in Gosford (and unlike the Northern Eagles which was a 50/50 split with Brookvale) and the name of the team will be "Central Coast".

As for old Norths fans on the North Shore, as long as the team wears Red and Black and is called the Bears and they play a token 1 or 2 games a year at North Sydney Oval they would support the team 100%.

Since Norths left the comp I've never come across a single Norths fan that says they won't support the Central Coast Bears.
balmain to campbeltown = 40km
North sydney oval to gosford = 75 km

the central coast, to work properly, needs their own team... built from scratch.

bears fans are kidding themselves if they think the CC has anything to do with north sydney at all ....

any games still held at that totally inadequate north sydney oval would only further cement ideas that a north sydney bears outfit is nothing but a sydney club using the good people of the central coast..

Will all the admin staff and offices move to the central coast, will celebrations be held at the central coast, will players live up there?

Red Bear

Referee
balmain to campbeltown = 40km
North sydney oval to gosford = 75 km

the central coast, to work properly, needs their own team... built from scratch.

bears fans are kidding themselves if they think the CC has anything to do with north sydney at all ....

any games still held at that totally inadequate north sydney oval would only further cement ideas that a north sydney bears outfit is nothing but a sydney club using the good people of the central coast..

Will all the admin staff and offices move to the central coast, will celebrations be held at the central coast, will players live up there?
Pretty sure girdlir for example lived out manly way when playing for penrith

Yes im pretty sure admin, facilities etc will be at the CC. And of course there is a North Sydney influence there, we were the side which wanted to move there and put the hard yards in to move to the Central Coast, by rights we should be there already. 1 match a year at NSO would do no harm with all facilities etc at the CC, it would just be a bit of a reward for the perseverence shown by the North Sydney club in attempting to move to and get off and running in the CC as well as a nod to the fans who stook by the club and were happy enough to let their beloved club move from its home of 100 years or so (90 in first grade) down the road.

adamkungl

Immortal
For the next TV deal I would love to see the CC Bears and Perth Reds enter the comp. As for other expansions being thrown around, I don't believe Adelaide has any interest in a RL team, they have done nothing to show they do, unlike Perth. Another Brisbane/Sth QLD team is one for the future, Gold Coast just recently entered, QLD can wait their turn. PNG and Fiji are pipe dreams. Wellington is one that could succeed, but I don't see them making the effort.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
The Bears need to play every single premiership match at Gosford if they are serious about getting back into the NRL. None of this "One or more games at NSO" bullsh*t (although a few pre-season games at NSO would be great). Full relocation of the admin, training etc to Gosford is a must if the CC is going to embrace the club as their own.

Problem is that the Bears aren't going to do that unless they get a license for the NRL. It's a Catch 22. Someone's going to have to make a big call if this is going to happen. Either the NRL take a huge chance on the CC embracing the Bears or the Bears take a huge jump and move to the CC and hope that the NRL is there with a license when they land.

Last edited:
The Bears do plan on making a 100% move to Gosford if they gain readmittance. So far though, as they are playing in Reserves as Norths and that is where there admin is, that is where all the talk is coming from. Expect the Bears to be in Gosford perminantly if the NRL green-lights their inclusion; that includes admin, training, etc. I don't think anyone on the Central Coast would hold a grudge if the Bears played one game a season at North Sydney Oval, whether it is during the Heratige Round vs Manly or against a fellow foundation club thoughout the season (incl. Tigers).

Loudstrat

Coach
Central Coast Bears won't play any games at NSO - because it's not up to scratch - hence their move to Gosford.

And to suggest the CC residents wouldn't get on the Bears bandwagon is rediculous, because they already did when the Bears investigated the move there. That's why they undertook the biggest financial and logistical decision the club ever made to move their in the first place.

And Locky, the Bears cannot play a premiership game withoput an NRL liscence.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Central Coast Bears won't play any games at NSO - because it's not up to scratch - hence their move to Gosford.

And to suggest the CC residents wouldn't get on the Bears bandwagon is rediculous, because they already did when the Bears investigated the move there. That's why they undertook the biggest financial and logistical decision the club ever made to move their in the first place.
That was a decade ago, I hope they've done some research/fact-finding since then.

And Locky, the Bears cannot play a premiership game withoput an NRL liscence.
I f**ked up that sentance badly. This is what I meant.

If the Bears get back into the NRL they need to play every single premiership match at Gosford

Knightmare

Coach
NSO not up to scratch? I remember Souths playing Manly there back in 2004. Surely the Bears could manage one game a year at NSO? Make it a traditionally low-drawing game against North Queensland or the Warriors.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
NSO not up to scratch? I remember Souths playing Manly there back in 2004. Surely the Bears could manage one game a year at NSO? Make it a traditionally low-drawing game against North Queensland or the Warriors.

The Bears had relocated all admin, everything up to Gosford - then the CRL stepped in and kicked them out - they thought the Bears were invading their "turf". The Bears made a commitment to the CC, helped fund the stadium etc. But CRL egos did the damage.

1 game at NSO per annum would be sensational.

The only people anti-CC Bears are Manly scum, CRL puffpieces and NRL lackeys with their own agendas.

If the NRL brought in the CC Bears, it would be a masterpiece of foresight whilst acknowledging tradition. Let's hope brains overcome the politics and ego.