What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Henry to Canterbury

The General

Juniors
And then there's the irony of your favourite player, 'The General'. Luke Patten being an Illawarra junior. lol

I can see you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, but do you know what a joint venture is?

Look at this way...

While Canterbury had to cheat the cap to keep players, St George looked to do it legally by funding junior development in the Illawarra.

FMD, whenever this bulldogs junior issue comes up, it really touches a nerve. Maybe you could do another Oasis deal to keep the ringers within cooee of Campsie.

I see you like to ignore the crux of the argument and just throw out petty insults about the salary cap which we've heard 1000 times before. All I'm saying is it's stupid to compare the number of juniors in a team when the junior bases clubs have access to are nowhere near equal. It's like saying Australia is worse at sport than the US and China because we get less medals than them in the Olympics. BTW I see you all keep ignoring the fact that Jason Nightingale is the only St George junior in the top squad. All that fantastic junior development must not be working too well out Kogarah way.

I'm more than happy with my club not merging if it means instead of relying solely on juniors we use our resources to scout talented juniors/fringe first graders/unwanted jorneymen and turn them into superstars...just like we are aiming to do with Beau Henry.

BTW how stupid of me to support a player who has been with us for 10 years. What was I thinking. I can picture you sitting there booing Weyman, Boyd and Costigan every time they touch the ball.

Milkman

Juniors
I see you like to ignore the crux of the argument and just throw out petty insults about the salary cap which we've heard 1000 times before. All I'm saying is it's stupid to compare the number of juniors in a team when the junior bases clubs have access to are nowhere near equal. It's like saying Australia is worse at sport than the US and China because we get less medals than them in the Olympics. BTW I see you all keep ignoring the fact that Jason Nightingale is the only St George junior in the top squad. All that fantastic junior development must not be working too well out Kogarah way.

I'm more than happy with my club not merging if it means instead of relying solely on juniors we use our resources to scout talented juniors/fringe first graders/unwanted jorneymen and turn them into superstars...just like we are aiming to do with Beau Henry.

BTW how stupid of me to support a player who has been with us for 10 years. What was I thinking. I can picture you sitting there booing Weyman, Boyd and Costigan every time they touch the ball.

Well said, dont forget their saviour Jamie Soward as well as Ben Creagh, Nathan Fein, Luke Priddis and co are not Saint Merge juniors either.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I see you like to ignore the crux of the argument and just throw out petty insults about the salary cap which we've heard 1000 times before.
Don't sook.

I said it touches a nerve. Looks like I'm right.

You're a troll, but not a very good one. Live with it.

You still didn't answer my question, so we'll assume that you don't know what a joint venture is.

But surely you're not that thick.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well said, dont forget their saviour Jamie Soward as well as Ben Creagh, Nathan Fein, Luke Priddis and co are not Saint Merge juniors either.
Haha! Right on queue.

:lol:

The General

Juniors
Don't sook.

I said it touches a nerve. Looks like I'm right.

You're a troll, but not a very good one. Live with it.

You still didn't answer my question, so we'll assume that you don't know what a joint venture is.

But surely you're not that thick.

Soft.

You lost an argument. Gave up way too easy.

Soft.

And apologies for not knowing the ins and outs of a joint venture. My club didn't have to sell off its history so I might need some expert advice on mergers from you Dragons supporters.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
And apologies for not knowing the ins and outs of a joint venture. My club didn't have to sell off its history so I might need some expert advice on mergers from you Dragons supporters.
Yeah yeah... keep telling yourself you are trying to debate a topic. Trolls makes the best whingers.

You still don't get it do you?

You come in here spouting mindless crap about how St George bought a junior base, without knowing anything about the proud history of these two districts.

We formed a joint venture, developed juniors, and played by the rules.

Your mob cheated.

I know which team I'd rather support.

You have nothing.

The General

Juniors
Yeah yeah... keep telling yourself you are trying to debate a topic. Trolls makes the best whingers.

You still don't get it do you?

You come in here spouting mindless crap about how St George bought a junior base, without knowing anything about the proud history of these two districts.

We formed a joint venture, developed juniors, and played by the rules.

Your mob cheated.

I know which team I'd rather support.

You have nothing.

What were you saying about touching a nerve. One throwaway line about you guys buying a junior base and you're having a hissy fit. I understand your an admin or whatever but stop acting so high and mighty. Just because you don't agree with people doesn't make them trolls.

And you still haven't addressed the issue of there only being ONE St George junior in your top squad. I would talk to those in charge of this joint venture and tell them to focus a bit more on the kids out Kogarah way.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol - the Mod card. FMD, does the sooking ever stop?

General, take the hook out of your mouth and lighten up.

And you still know SFA about the history of St George and Illawarra. And you still follow a team that went the crooked road. There's your answers, again. You're just too slow to pick up on it.

nrlnrl

First Grade
He might end up at Canterbury, but I've heard that Newcastle are also very interested..

St. Linnane

First Grade
And you still haven't addressed the issue of there only being ONE St George junior in your top squad. I would talk to those in charge of this joint venture and tell them to focus a bit more on the kids out Kogarah way.

Willow, I know I shouldn't feed... but a point needs to be made.

General,

Maybe it is simply the Gong juniors are more talented than the Kogarah Juniors, in the opinion of those that determine the top 25 players who receive the $4.1 million.

Chase Stanley, Darryl Millard, Charlie Leaneo, Daniel Fepulaei, George Ndaira, Wes Naiqama (and I am sure there is others I am not able to recall off the top of my head), are all Kogarah boys who were offered more money by other NRL clubs to become part of their rosters. As part of the appropriate management of the $4.1 million, and in keeping within the rules, decisions needed to be made as to which player to keep, and what they were worth to keep. These players elected to puruse other opportunities, and good luck to them, their career in this game is a short one.

The General

Juniors
lol - the Mod card. FMD, does the sooking ever stop?

General, take the hook out of your mouth and lighten up.

And you still know SFA about the history of St George and Illawarra. And you still follow a team that went the crooked road. There's your answers, again. You're just too slow to pick up on it.

Yes my club cheated and we paid a massive price for it. But we were good enough to rise above that and win a premiership a couple of years later. I might not know everything about the history of St George Illawarra but I do know premierships aren't a part of it lol. But I guess you guys are too busy jerking off about all the Illawarra juniors in your team to worry about actually winning a comp.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Yes my club cheated and we paid a massive price for it. But we were good enough to rise above that and win a premiership a couple of years later. I might not know everything about the history of St George Illawarra but I do know premierships aren't a part of it lol. But I guess you guys are too busy jerking off about all the Illawarra juniors in your team to worry about actually winning a comp.

Yes your team did cheat and then all your cheating players took a paycut to keep your cheating team together then won a premiership. I'm sure if we had kept a few of our teams from the past we would of won a premiership. Unfortunately our great teams of the past were dismantled due to the salary cap. Unlike your team who CHEATED to keep it together.

At least you admit that you follow a team of cheaters

The General

Juniors
Yes your team did cheat and then all your cheating players took a paycut to keep your cheating team together then won a premiership. I'm sure if we had kept a few of our teams from the past we would of won a premiership. Unfortunately our great teams of the past were dismantled due to the salary cap. Unlike your team who CHEATED to keep it together.

At least you admit that you follow a team of cheaters

All these insults are making me upset. I think I might throw on the 2004 GF DVD to cheer me up. I would tell you to do the same but I don't think they had TV cameras to record the game back when the Dragons won their last premiership lol.

St. Linnane

First Grade
General how about not playing the role of Nemo and addressing the serious post - unless you really are a tiger....

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
All these insults are making me upset. I think I might throw on the 2004 GF DVD to cheer me up. I would tell you to do the same but I don't think they had TV cameras to record the game back when the Dragons won their last premiership lol.

Where does a Canterbury supporter get a DVD player from? Aren't you all poor merkins from Bankstown...Wait a sec....who did you steal it from?

I know I would be feeling down if I was a poor merkin like you living in Bankstown. Would prob need more than watching an old DVD on a stolen DVD player to make me feel better.

The General

Juniors
General how about not playing the role of Nemo and addressing the serious post - unless you really are a tiger....

Please. I addressed the issue of juniors throughout this thread but got no coherent counter argument.

You want me to address the serious posts. Here is a summary of my argument.

* The Illawarra junior base is one of the biggest in NSW so of course the Dragons are going to have more local juniors in their team.
* Despite having one of the biggest junior bases the Dragons are one of the top clubs when it comes to number of players signed in the last 10 years.
* The Canterbury district is more similar in size to the St George district. We currently have 5 Canterbury juniors in our squad. You have 1 St George junior in yours.
* Because of our smaller junior base we rely on scouting talented youngsters or unwanted journey men and turning them into superstars.
* We are the reigning Harold Matts and SG Ball champions (as well as NSW Cup champions).

But all you guys can keep telling yourselves we are the bad guys who do nothing for junior development and are out there stealing superstars from other teams.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Please. I addressed the issue of juniors throughout this thread but got no coherent counter argument.

You want me to address the serious posts. Here is a summary of my argument.

* The Illawarra junior base is one of the biggest in NSW so of course the Dragons are going to have more local juniors in their team.
* Despite having one of the biggest junior bases the Dragons are one of the top clubs when it comes to number of players signed in the last 10 years.
* The Canterbury district is more similar in size to the St George district. We currently have 5 Canterbury juniors in our squad. You have 1 St George junior in yours.
* Because of our smaller junior base we rely on scouting talented youngsters or unwanted journey men and turning them into superstars.
* We are the reigning Harold Matts and SG Ball champions (as well as NSW Cup champions).

But all you guys can keep telling yourselves we are the bad guys who do nothing for junior development and are out there stealing superstars from other teams.

Here is a serious post.

You support a scummy team who needs police with riot gear at their games.
You talk your team up as a family club. A bit hard to take your family to a Canterbury game without worrying about being hit in the head with a bottle.
You support a team who thinks punching pregnant women and smashing up trains is ok as long as you sweep it under the rug.

Wake up to yourself moron and address these issues

The General

Juniors
Here is a serious post.

You support a scummy team who needs police with riot gear at their games.
You talk your team up as a family club. A bit hard to take your family to a Canterbury game without worrying about being hit in the head with a bottle.
You support a team who thinks punching pregnant women and smashing up trains is ok as long as you sweep it under the rug.

Wake up to yourself moron and address these issues

I support a team that has won a few premierships in my lifetime. Going by your post you sound about 15 so I guess you haven't experienced that joy in your life. Maybe when you do you won't be such a bitter moron anymore.