What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Henry to Canterbury

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I support a team that has won a few premierships in my lifetime. Going by your post you sound about 15 so I guess you haven't experienced that joy in your life. Maybe when you do you won't be such a bitter moron anymore.

Great call champ...I just said you follow a scummy club (which you didn't deny) and you're calling me a 15 year old...great work.

I guess the truth hurts hey? Maybe watching your DVD will help you feel a little better?

woodley_11

Juniors
St. George Illawarra is one club, whether the kids come from Kogarah or Wollongong they are still Dragon juniors. So the Bulldog fan's argument doesn't make any sense.

Having said that, it doesn't matter where a player comes from. While I am a fan of the role of the salary cap in evening out talent, it doesn't reward investing heavily in junior talent. So arguing about who is more 'bred than bought' is arbitrary when the number one priority is winning games. (The Dragons have won more games than the Dogs this year)

Red V Ultras

Juniors
St George merged with Illawarra and yes it's a gold mine of junior talent and the best tactical move by any nrl club. Scum can come and buy the scraps after we have the first pick. By doing so we have land locked cronulla sutherland and the bulldogs can scratch their balls thinking how good would it be playing back at at belmore. Your dumb supporters can't realize that greenberg is * anz Stadium and will lock in another 7 year contract to play there. The scum also have little to no junior base and will need to purchase from us, just hope they won't get homesick lol hannant.

Last edited by a moderator:

dragondad

First Grade
General, if you want an argument that you're always going to win, venture back to the kennel. I don't know why you are getting so worked up. We don't like Canterbury Bankstown/Sydney Bulldogs/Bulldogs/Canterbury Bulldogs or whoever your team is. We also don't like your fans who are the most unruly and threatening at NRL matches. You may want your club to be known as the family club. The point is bottles were thrown onto the field at Kogarah last Year (no action taken), trains have been damaged after Homebush matches (no action taken) and what Todd Greenberg is trying to get kudos for is getting your club and supporters to behave the same way as other clubs have always behaved. Now leave us to discuss our own matters. Good night!

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
General, if you want an argument that you're always going to win, venture back to the kennel. I don't know why you are getting so worked up. We don't like Canterbury Bankstown/Sydney Bulldogs/Bulldogs/Canterbury Bulldogs or whoever your team is. We also don't like your fans who are the most unruly and threatening at NRL matches. You may want your club to be known as the family club. The point is bottles were thrown onto the field at Kogarah last Year (no action taken), trains have been damaged after Homebush matches (no action taken) and what Todd Greenberg is trying to get kudos for is getting your club and supporters to behave the same way as other clubs have always behaved. Now leave us to discuss our own matters. Good night!

spot on!

what's the point in trying to argue in someone else's forum, you'd have to be a f**king moron...oh wait he does support Canterbury....
Go have an argument in the kennel about what is the best knife to use when stabbing someone, I'm sure you've all got expert opinions

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Can't knock off for the night without leaving a pic of this dude...

Chaser_guy_060715.jpg

drago brelli

Bench
I am a ST.G/Illa supporter but I followed the Illawarra Steelers right up until the merger. Willow has worked this one out. I am glad St. George came to the rescue of the Illawarra region, and good luck to them they have picked up all the junior talent. It's a junior talent base which is slowly shrinking, however. More importantly, Waldron is going to tell all and wants $100 000. Some media outlet will pay him. He claims there's a high profile exMelbourne player currently being paid $200 000 outside the cap. Oh dear.

dubopov

Coach
I am a ST.G/Illa supporter but I followed the Illawarra Steelers right up until the merger. Willow has worked this one out. I am glad St. George came to the rescue of the Illawarra region, and good luck to them they have picked up all the junior talent. It's a junior talent base which is slowly shrinking, however. More importantly, Waldron is going to tell all and wants $100 000. Some media outlet will pay him. He claims there's a high profile exMelbourne player currently being paid $200 000 outside the cap. Oh dear.

why are you worried about Folau ??

j0nesy

Bench
* The Illawarra junior base is one of the biggest in NSW so of course the Dragons are going to have more local juniors in their team.

Well duh :shock:

Nurturing such a good junior base helps produce talent and ensures the future of the game, not just at the Dragons.

* Despite having one of the biggest junior bases the Dragons are one of the top clubs when it comes to number of players signed in the last 10 years.

What do you mean by "one of the top clubs". Top 2 or 3 - doubt it. Top 50% - perhaps. Source please.

* The Canterbury district is more similar in size to the St George district. We currently have 5 Canterbury juniors in our squad. You have 1 St George junior in yours.

You're still missing the point - St George / Illawarra is a joint venture. You seem to acknowlege that only when it suits your argument. What you're trying to do is like leaving out the Bankstown juniors and only counting the Canterbury juniors.

Approximately half our squad are made up St George / Illawarra juniors. I must confess I don't really follow your club closely, like you do ours. Could you please list those five juniors for me? I'd also like to know which ones are from Canterbury and which ones are from Bankstown?

* Because of our smaller junior base we rely on scouting talented youngsters or unwanted journey men and turning them into superstars.

Trial and error hey? and for the majority that don't work out throw 'em on the trash heap. Great family club. Did I mention that Greenberg is head and shoulders above any other CEO in the game :lol:

* We are the reigning Harold Matts and SG Ball champions (as well as NSW Cup champions).

But all you guys can keep telling yourselves we are the bad guys who do nothing for junior development and are out there stealing superstars from other teams.

We don't need to tell ourselves that, we already know. I'm actually telling you, and it seems to be upsetting you.

Let me ask you this - how many of your juniors have we poached over the years?

The General

Juniors
Well duh :shock:

Nurturing such a good junior base helps produce talent and ensures the future of the game, not just at the Dragons.

Whoever said it doesn't. You nurture your juniors. So do we. The argument is about junior numbers. Get with it.

What do you mean by "one of the top clubs". Top 2 or 3 - doubt it. Top 50% - perhaps. Source please.

4th highest buyer in the last 10 years if you want to be exact. 3rd highest NSW club and only 1 player shy of being the highest NSW club in terms of purchasing players. Meanwhile the Bulldogs are the 3rd lowest and the lowest Sydney club.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=6495832&postcount=44

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=6495722&postcount=38

You're still missing the point - St George / Illawarra is a joint venture. You seem to acknowlege that only when it suits your argument. What you're trying to do is like leaving out the Bankstown juniors and only counting the Canterbury juniors.

:lol:It's nowhere near the same. Canterbury-Bankstown has been our junior district for 75 years. We didn't inherit Canterbury or Bankstown.

Approximately half our squad are made up St George / Illawarra juniors. I must confess I don't really follow your club closely, like you do ours. Could you please list those five juniors for me? I'd also like to know which ones are from Canterbury and which ones are from Bankstown?

Hickey, Idris, Nanai, Morrin and Winitana. All are from Canterbury-Bankstown because its ONE JUNIOR DISTRICT.

Trial and error hey? and for the majority that don't work out throw 'em on the trash heap. Great family club. Did I mention that Greenberg is head and shoulders above any other CEO in the game :lol:

Refer to the stats about number of players bought in the lat 10 years. What were you saying about trial and error.

Let me ask you this - how many of your juniors have we poached over the years?

Not enough by the looks of things. A couple more and you might win yourself a premiership.

The General

Juniors
And another thing. You all praise Wayne Bennett as a mastercoach and saviour of your club (and rightly so). Well superoach Wayne musn't think too highly of your junior development. In his time at the club you have signed.

Jeremy Smith - International rep
Darius Boyd - SOO rep + International rep
Neville Costigan - SOO + International (PNG) rep
Nathan Fien - SOO + International rep
Luke Priddis - SOO + International rep
Michael Weyman
Nick Emmett
Mickey Paea
Peni Tagive
Michael Greenfield
Junior Paulo

The only junior to debut has been Trent Merrin. So much for this much talked about junior base.

st.phil

Bench
8 of starting 13 on sunday were st george illawarra juniors. Two regions - one club. Just chill out and worry about your own team.

hendrix is right. Barba will move to fullback when patten moves on to ESL. About Barba and Henry, the same thing was said about Preston Campbell and Thurston when they started in FG. Thurston has turned out to be one of the best number 7 defenders in the game.

Todd Greenberg is way ahead of any other CEO atm

LOL
it's a known fact Canterbury have no idea how to develop young players e.g holdsworth. thats what your "family" club is all about poach promising young juniors from other clubs then when they expect them to perform and they dont they piss them off to ESL...

Todd Greenburg has done well to turn your club around in one season but he's not way ahead of any other CEO, i mean Doust bought Bennett, that puts him in front of everyone :)

And another thing. You all praise Wayne Bennett as a mastercoach and saviour of your club (and rightly so). Well superoach Wayne musn't think too highly of your junior development. In his time at the club you have signed.

Jeremy Smith - International rep
Darius Boyd - SOO rep + International rep
Neville Costigan - SOO + International (PNG) rep
Nathan Fien - SOO + International rep
Luke Priddis - SOO + International rep
Michael Weyman
Nick Emmett
Mickey Paea
Peni Tagive
Michael Greenfield
Junior Paulo

The only junior to debut has been Trent Merrin. So much for this much talked about junior base.

LOL this coming from a bloke thats Forum nickname is "the general" an icon for the "family" club which happens to be a Illawarra junior.

f**king bulldogs scum just buy everyone's juniors go get f**ked you troll.

Rexxy

Coach
Even Todd Greenburg lives in the St George area. Even the Merkinerbury boss is an import.

Although the intellectual capital of Roselands would be pretty minimal unless you included the TAFE course Advanced Car Stereo theft.