What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Henry to Canterbury

Rexxy

Coach
LOL at the swear filter...

They're blue they're white
They'll knife you in a fight
Merkinbury, Merkinbury

Godz Illa

Coach
So much for this much talked about junior base.
lol. In the last 12 months Wayne Bennett has re-signed more local juniors than the Dogs have produced in the last 5 years. Creagh, Morris, Young, Hornby, Prior. Methinks The General doth protest too much

Saintliness

Juniors
I can't believe we let the scum sign Beau Henry. For all the pathetic aruments from both sides in this thread, the bottom line is that he is a highly talented young player, with much more upside than Hornby who has already reached his peak. Again the Dogs will benefit from our hard work and development.

I heard over the weekend that they are trying to signing Trent Merrin as well. Well bugger me, why bother. Merrin and Aiden Tolman are the best young Props in the game and both look like going to the Bulldog scums.

We can't keep everybody but we should lock up the best youngsters. These two will bite us on the bum if the reports are accurate.

I can't believe we let the scum sign Beau Henry. For all the pathetic aruments from both sides in this thread, the bottom line is that he is a highly talented young player, with much more upside than Hornby who has already reached his peak. Again the Dogs will benefit from our hard work and development.

I heard over the weekend that they are trying to signing Trent Merrin as well. Well bugger me, why bother. Merrin and Aiden Tolman are the best young Props in the game and both look like going to the Bulldog scums.

We can't keep everybody but we should lock up the best youngsters. These two will bite us on the bum if the reports are accurate.

No f**king way they'll let Merrin leave, Tolman would be a great signing he would fit perfect in the front row rotation we have... he'll most likely play rep for NSW this year..

j0nesy

Bench
Has this rumour been confirmed yet, or is it just a bunch of hype being propogated by Canterbury supporters that are in denial about their club?

The General

Juniors
Has this rumour been confirmed yet, or is it just a bunch of hype being propogated by Canterbury supporters that are in denial about their club?

I see you ignored the post about St George being one of the top clubs when it comes to purchasing players after you were proven wrong. Now who's in denial?

dragondad

First Grade
General, haven't you got anyone to talk to in the kennel? You have hung around for a few days. Maybe you're a closet Saints fan.

patzz_

Juniors
Hickey, Idris, Nanai, Morrin and Winitana. All are from Canterbury-Bankstown because its ONE JUNIOR DISTRICT.

What talented players they are. The only one of first grade material can't tackle to save his life. Such a great junior nursery Canterbury- Bankstown is, considering most of them peak at NSW cup and can't go any further.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Canterbury-Bankstown has been our junior district for 75 years. We didn't inherit Canterbury or Bankstown.
Only 75 years?

St George and Illawarra have a joint rugby league heritage that can be traced back to the 1920s. 90 years. Our Proud History. Our district.

You know nothing about our club.

You even admitted it in another post.

But you still consider yourself qualified.

Troll.
All are from Canterbury-Bankstown because its ONE JUNIOR DISTRICT.
Oooh... In caps.

Dumb hypocrite.

j0nesy

Bench
I see you ignored the post about St George being one of the top clubs when it comes to purchasing players after you were proven wrong. Now who's in denial?

lol :lol: I said they weren't in the top 2 or 3, and even by your erroneous calculations I was correct. Not that it really matters, but you may want to re-check your stats. Here are a couple of tips - players with St George in brackets were actually not signed from another club; also to make them more relevant to the argument you should exclude the payers that originated from the club's juniors.

By the way you still have demonstrated how the rumoured signing of Henry makes Greenberger by far and away the best CEO in the NRL.

Goddo

Bench
Only 75 years?

St George and Illawarra have a joint rugby league heritage that can be traced back to the 1920s. 90 years. Our Proud History. Our district.

Actually Willow, St George goes back to 1908. There was a meeting at Rockdale town hall in 1908 to try and get a side in the new competition, but the NSWRL (which was run as a club commission interestingly at the time) turned them down because the district didn't have enough players.

St George fielded sides in lower grade and district comps though as early as 1908. It took 12 years for St George to get strong enough to warrant a side.

We entered the comp just as the Bears won their first and only 2 premierships in a row...

Milkman

Juniors
Actually Willow, St George goes back to 1908. There was a meeting at Rockdale town hall in 1908 to try and get a side in the new competition, but the NSWRL (which was run as a club commission interestingly at the time) turned them down because the district didn't have enough players.

St George fielded sides in lower grade and district comps though as early as 1908. It took 12 years for St George to get strong enough to warrant a side.

We entered the comp just as the Bears won their first and only 2 premierships in a row...

Actually your great merger of a club was only founded in 1999 , not only did you have access to a huge base of existing talent and juniors you made a financial gain and yet still cannot win a premiership.

Latest posts