What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Henry to Canterbury

hendrix

Juniors
FFS two or three don't even play in the NRL now. And who the f**k is Harris? So the Dogs have managed to poach two or three good players over what 10 years and not ruin them? Just goes to show if you have a high enough turnover you're bound to stumble accross a couple of good players. The fact is though that none of these players play for the Dogs now. Maybe you can explain to me how this makes Greenberg streets ahead of any other CEO in the NRL? Was Greenberg even CEO when these guys came through or did he just let them go?

just responding to the point that the Dogs cannot develop young players... i was making no point in regards to Greenburg

i would say Greenburg's strength is not in developing/recruiting young players except in taking into consideration the off field strengths of players and the positive impact it has on the club (rather than the bling crew such as Mason, SBW and Maitua)... but he has repaired the Bulldogs brand from its lowest point and deserves credit as a good CEO

are you happy with Doust?

j0nesy

Bench
just responding to the point that the Dogs cannot develop young players... i was making no point in regards to Greenburg

When kept in context my post was in response to a post about Greenberg being "by far and away the best CEO". I could not figure out how that related to Beau Henry. I assumed the OP was stating that Greenberg was somehow a mastermind in securing Henry.

i would say Greenburg's strength is not in developing/recruiting young players except in taking into consideration the off field strengths of players and the positive impact it has on the club (rather than the bling crew such as Mason, SBW and Maitua)... but he has repaired the Bulldogs brand from its lowest point and deserves credit as a good CEO

Do you really think the brand is repaired? I still remember the Bullcheats salary cap rorting, I still remember the off field behaviour of their players and their fans... Well their fans are still the same.

A few years ago I was 50/50 on Doust. Not long after he brought Bennett to the club, since then I think he has gone from strength to strength, both on the field and off. A recently rejuivinated Kogarah, work to begin on a refurbished WIN stadium, a club with a clean skin image, a club that supports its juniors (and lets go of them to remain within the cap), a minor premiership... the list goes on.

Last edited:

patzz_

Juniors
Todd Greenberg is way ahead of any other CEO atm

If i was CEO of Cantebury, I to would realise that the club has pitiful juniors coming through the ranks and poach other clubs juniors. If thats being the best CEO in the comp I think i may as well become a CEO when i'm older. I can be the best to.

saintzrule

Juniors
If i was CEO of Cantebury, I to would realise that the club has pitiful juniors coming through the ranks and poach other clubs juniors. If thats being the best CEO in the comp I think i may as well become a CEO when i'm older. I can be the best to.
And only 3 short years ago it was bred not bought!Class and canterbury, two words never used in the same sentence!:sarcasm:

UnderDawgg

Juniors
That is a joke, right???? His stats will indicate he is one of the worst defenders in the NRL.

If you read my post you would have noticed i said for a halfback.

The NRL is a business, if you want to succeed you have to buy players from other clubs. Those that don't aren't able to attract their own young talent to stay with the club. Clearly Bennett prefers Hornby and his run around play with Dean Young to some fresh talent.

As the choke train gains momentum we all sing together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLkiT3XMomI

saintzrule

Juniors

The NRL is a business, if you want to succeed you have to buy players from other clubs. Those that don't aren't able to attract their own young talent to stay with the club. Clearly Bennett prefers Hornby and his run around play with Dean Young to some fresh talent.

Berries versus Storm , the big cheats versus the really big cheats. Your supposeably reformed club is still held in contempt by most

Red V Ultras

Juniors
Greenburg is a tosser deluxe. Everytime he calls the scum the family club I can't stop laughing I think it's so funny. Yeah family club. He needs to stop dreaming and wake up a and see what the bankstown trains look like lol train trashers!! Lol I hope Henry has a get out clause because when he goes to scumville he will want to leave like $bw and homesick hannant. Hey I heard greenburg will lock in homebush stadium for another 7 years. You might then find funds to redevelop belmore but how will you find the billions to re develop the surrounding suburbs near belmore and canturbury road.
Doust has upgraded Kogarah and Wollongong and locked in major corporate sponsers yeah greenberg and family club lol 2002 rorters! And 2008 spooners.

Last edited:

j0nesy

Bench

Not even for a halfback.

The NRL is a business, if you want to succeed you have to buy players from other clubs. Those that don't aren't able to attract their own young talent to stay with the club.

What young talent do you think the Bulldog's are trying to keep at their club?

Clearly Bennett prefers Hornby and his run around play with Dean Young to some fresh talent.

f**k it worked against the Bullcheats a few rounds back.

Original. I suppose you're also going to tell me that the Dogs would have beaten the Dragons in round 2 were it not for the ref. What was the score in that one again?

nrlnrl

First Grade
The Beau Henry deal to the Bulldogs makes sense, Ben Barba has the same player manager - Gavin Orr. He has quite a few Bulldogs players as clients, but over the years, not many Dragons. Oh yeah, an ex-client is a former Bulldogs player who some might remember....Sonny Bill something ???

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Having read this thread I pose one question: outside of the hearsay of the 2SM team, is there any substance to this rumour?
Good point. Nothing on the NRL or club websites. Nothing on google.

Might be that they are just reacting to rumours. Wouldn't be the first time that the media have got their 'news' from internet forums.

It is the long weekend, might have to wait another day for anything official. That's being kind.

RedVDave

First Grade

What are you talking about Wayne Bennett is our CEO now. :D