What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Scott/Matt Prior - try/no try

Prior try, Scott no-try?

• Total voters

Cooper-Man

Bench
Its a try and anyone who says otherwise is just bitter and a hater.

Seiously, as if you would look at a picture to judge it. If a player is held in a tackle while standing he is aloud to off load before the ref calls held. Whats the difference here. The arm holding the ball never touchd the ground and the bulldogs players where stll working him over when the pass was made.

You bulldog supporters always have something to cry about. We copped calls for years against you guys. I never heard any of you crying then.

Its funny how NO nrl show brought it up since the game. The sunday roast didnt mention it and neither did legue lounge. If it was clearly a NO TRY it would be all over the place. The game was there to be won and the dogs didnt win it. SIMPLE.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
We'll see I guess. I reckon similar scenarios will rear their heads and this sort of decision will become a victim of inconsistency as the season progresses.
Well, if you're a champion for consistency, then you should start a poll everytime a player is not held and passes the ball.

...starting with the other games from last weekend.
Timmah said:
That's my concern.
If the scoreline was 40-0, would you be as concerned?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
At no point am I suggesting it cost us the game (there were 60-odd minutes after it to rectify the situation, we failed to), I put it up for debate.
Yes, yes... it's all about the morality and debating the ref's call.

Again, if the score was 40-0, would you still be whinging, sorry... 'concerned', over this single ref's call.

Packy

Bench
So it was awarded by the officials on the night. And the decision has since been supported by the referees boss.

Pretty much kills the issue dead, tbh.

This just in. Version 6 accepts that referees are always right.

the animal

just goes to show the dogs are ordinary and the saints own them, saints could beat them LYING on their backs.

Solution for Dogs: BUY again?

cleary89

Coach
But but but, because of injuries during the season they have had six (6) guys who have come through the junior ranks play for them.

6/25 doesn't mean they buy all their players....

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You bulldog supporters always have something to cry about. We copped calls for years against you guys. I never heard any of you crying then.

Its funny how NO nrl show brought it up since the game. The sunday roast didnt mention it and neither did legue lounge. If it was clearly a NO TRY it would be all over the place. The game was there to be won and the dogs didnt win it. SIMPLE.
Uhm, remember 2009 Round 10? :lol:

As for no NRL show bringing it up since - you bought up the two least serious shows. It was raised on the NRL Footy Show Sunday and time will tell if it's on "One Week at a Time" or NRL on FOX.
Well, if you're a champion for consistency, then you should start a poll everytime a player is not held and passes the ball.

...starting with the other games from last weekend.If the scoreline was 40-0, would you be as concerned?

Yes, yes... it's all about the morality and debating the ref's call.

Again, if the score was 40-0, would you still be whinging, sorry... 'concerned', over this single ref's call.

Interesting that all the Dragons fans interpret the debate as an attack on their club.

For reference Willow - yes. Could've been 60-0 and it would still be questionable. Debate over a 50/50 call doesn't change due to the scoreline.

Do you remember it was 15-0 at halftime?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: And everyone thinks I'm the one begging acceptance from Saints fans.

gsweeper

Juniors
:lol: And everyone thinks I'm the one begging acceptance from Saints fans.

Timmah I don't care what anyone says, you make these forums awesome buddy. I seriously can't believe so many people take a dig at you when most of your opinions are the most rational going around...dead set, that is what a forum is for, to voice opinions; if you don't have anything constructive to say, why post?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Interesting that all the Dragons fans interpret the debate as an attack on their club.
Not me. I'm just laughing at whinging bulldogs fans. So many sore losers.

It's like having a supporter base made up entirely of melons.

Timmah said:
For reference Willow - yes. Could've been 60-0 and it would still be questionable.
LOL!

Hey Tim, how's the vote going?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
For reference Willow - yes. Could've been 60-0 and it would still be questionable. Debate over a 50/50 call doesn't change due to the scoreline.

Have you read the actual rule and still say it's questionable? It was perfectly fine within the confines of the rulebook. Scott never made it clear that he succumbed in the tackle, the ball or arms never touched the ground and the ref never called held.

It's cut and dry when looking at the rulebook. In saying that, the rules of the game rarely govern arguments on these matters.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dead set get over it already, it was a 50/50 call, it is in the past, what's done is done.
You see, this is your problem. You guys are taking some comfort in thinking it was a '50/50 call'. It was a fair try without question, according to the rules.

That's why it's so funny. And of course, the thread was started by a Canterbury supporter. Public poll too. lol.

the animal

Do you know what im gonna enjoy is seeing the BOUGHT Bulldogs go on about this for years just like the Soward fair try at Kogarah, theyre not over that bwaaa ahhhh haaa, this maybe the same in yrs to come.

Anything bad that can happen to the dogs is a good thing for league.

Latest posts