What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Scott

Ron's_Mate

Bench
BTW, notice a few of the comments after that Courier Mail article are from Tigers fans rejoicing that the Broncos took Bleh off our hands. Haha - thanks for that super coach Wayne.

FootynRacing

Juniors
I don't understand why we wouldn't want him. He still has a few years left in him and he would likely be our second best forward after Woods and I guess possibly Taupau. Bring it on I say. It's a shame we can't get him for this season too

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I dont think there is anything wrong if we can get him the right money. A young forward pack do need a level head oldun there. Not sure Halatau is the one, but if he is we dont need Scott.

We still havent found a good attacking backrower since we lost Dwyer and Ellis returned to ESL. Scott is a defensive hitter- yep a good replacement for the loss of Fulton, but havent we already got Santi back for that? if not, lets get Scott.

Edit- I supose what Im getting at is our backline is in no way certain with lots of potential occupants but little to no real certainties. Why shouldnt we consider Scott (for the right money of course)

I would take him but i would not be paying overs,then again the WT paid Braith 200K per season to do nothin,where as Scott could possibly still be playing SOO
this year.

BrotherJim05

Bench
An older forward is exactly what we need. If we sign a younger forward just coming into his prime, we will need to throw a lot of cash at them and will hinder the development of our crop of young guns. If we signed Scott for 2 years then he would be coming off contract around the same time blokes like Lioleve and Santi would be becoming solid First Graders

Exactly what we need for 2015. Good role model for our host of young backrowers.

......if at the right price for only two years.

gordsy

Juniors
As said before I'd take him at the right price. He'd add some much needed starch to our pack.

BuffaloRules

Coach
So what would "the right price" be?

And I thought they had no money left this year?

Seems like a pipe dream to me...

Tigers Tale

Juniors
It seems Scott has signed with the Eels. That being the case I am guessing they will start their games with a back row of Scott and Watmough and either Ma'u or Moeroa. Both Ma'u or Moeroa signed new contracts recently (for what they are worth) so one of them is going back to the bench. Would it be worth the Tigers making an approach to one of these guys (I like Ma'u) to strengthen our second row stock.

Just quietly I have been pretty impressed with Siro and Lovett but I ask the question more for discussion and the views of what others think.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Not interested at all. He's a grub who is severely overrated due to being one of Wayne's pets. Kyle Lovett and Curtis Sironen are cheaper, younger and much better prospects.