What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamy at top of Dragons' hit list to take over from Bennett

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Steven Price is the logical choice. This will be his 3rd year working with Bennett. In that time seen the team win a GF and with 2 minor premierships. Not many coaches have that in their resume's over the last 3 years.

Give him a 1 year gig with an option or off 2 more years based on performance and see how he goes. If all fails, some other experienced coach will be available and they can snap him up.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I'd say that a lot will depend on who Bennett recommends
He'll be straight with Doust and the board and his opinion will weigh heavily on their decision
I'm happy with that but Price and Potter will both be fine NRL coaches sooner than later

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I know Bennett has a huge reputation and we won the GF under him but if he leaves us and signs with someone else are you going to trust his judgement on who should coach us when we are an opposing side. He'll try and prize players away from us and plan our defeat while coaching a new side. We don't don't need his recommendation, what we need is a damned decision. Sign or go ...I am fed up with all this speculation...already the game v Wigan is harder, the season ahead is getting harder by the day with mounting pressure and speculation. I am surprised Boyd didn't travel home with Bennett...following him seems more important than the Red V. If he goes let's return to a coach who has Dragon blood; passion for the team, the club and its future not a notch on the ego belt. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful we won the comp but fair dinkum he loves a drama. To be honest its about time Doust told him to sign or sever.
Crikey... what a dumb post.

What drama is that Tim?

FFS, the bloke had to return home due a family issue. That's it.

What he does will be his own decision.

Talk about a nonsense of speculation. You're getting sucked into the media reports.

Tim Smith

Juniors
Sorry fellas I thought this was a forum to express your opinion. Have I missed something. Who are you to decide what's garbage or dumb and what's just a different point of view. Am I supposed to just read your pearls of wisdom and keep my thoughts to myself.
You might be satisfied with one premiership every 31 years and to bask in 2010. I'm looking forward to 2011 and see the current situation as destabilizing.

SerbDragon

Coach
I read what the grill team said the other day about bennett and actually believed it. I'm dumber than the lot of you :)

2010Dragons

Bench
Sorry fellas I thought this was a forum to express your opinion. Have I missed something. Who are you to decide what's garbage or dumb and what's just a different point of view. Am I supposed to just read your pearls of wisdom and keep my thoughts to myself.
You might be satisfied with one premiership every 31 years and to bask in 2010. I'm looking forward to 2011 and see the current situation as destabilizing.

Tim.

I agree with your above comments...well done.

Just relax mate... he will make his announcement very soon...trust me.
Bennett is a VERY good coach but he is NOT the team. There is no I in TEAM.

Tim Smith

Juniors
Thanks 2010 Dragons..now I feel some love. I thought I was in another teams forum for a while not my own.

Red V Ultras

Juniors
Bennett is god as far as I'm concerned. He got us the trophy so we stand by his decision what ever it is. I'm sure Doust has done everything in his power for him to stay but if Bennett wants more time to think it over well so be it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks 2010 Dragons..now I feel some love. I thought I was in another teams forum for a while not my own.
And you're sounding more like troll with every post.

Dragon2010 is a gent who was polite enough to omit your rubbish in reply. I'm a gent too and I can see you're in need of assistance.

Do you stand by your comment:

I am surprised Boyd didn't travel home with Bennett...following him seems more important than the Red V.

?

If so, you deserve what you cop.

Tim Smith

Juniors
It wasn't petulant. I've got no idea who you are Willow or who or what you think you are...does "guest moderator" mean your liscensed to abuse fellow posters?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Troll said:
It wasn't petulant. I've got no idea who you are Willow or who or what you think you are...does "guest moderator" mean your liscensed to abuse fellow posters?
Where have I abused you Timmy?

Tim Smith

Juniors
Willow, I used the forum to vent my frustration with how things are for our team. Had I known it was subject to such critical scrutiny I'd have just kept it to myself. You'll have to enlighten me on what you mean by 'troll' please.

Latest posts