What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Creagh - WTF?

GeyerIsADouche

Juniors
I've seen benny down at boxing a few times, especially in the pre season. he spars good fighters for 3 minute rounds, and every 3 minutes a new fresh bloke gets in the ring. the guy doesn't need to prove anything, if he wanted he could of rearranged the ball bags face. if he snotted him and got 3 weeks what would that of proved??? you could here him on audio telling them to get on with the game, the big fella could smell a hat trick!

Mr Red

First Grade
full credits to Creagh it shows how smart he really is - he knew the game was won and simply wanted to get off the field before everyone else to take advantage of first use of a warm shower :) he did just enough for a sin bin, but not too much for a send off.. very smart play !!!
seriously though i think it looked worse then what it was, he was simply back pedaling to get back onside at the same time that hodges was looking to go on with it.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Cagey - if you don't like an opinion ( and an objective one at that ) then that's your prerogative, and you ( as I ) are entitled to it...but cut out the condescending crap.

It speaks volumes.

That's why I put the (seriously) in dude!
And you didn't answer the question.
You’re prepared to bag someone for not living up to your expectations and frankly those expectations are the same as mine when I was a lot younger and less experienced
But they are unrealistic
If I had the choice of being younger and less experienced or older and more experienced BTW I’d go for the former (most of the time)
Creagh did exactly what Beaver or El Magic would have done
Creagh is IMO a champion in the making and I’m very proud that he’s a Dragon
What he did last night makes me even more so

tevoro

First Grade
I thought it was pretty embarrassing for him to run off. As an excuse, I then thought he was just going back to the line for the next tackle. He did look stunned when the camera panned to him though.

On that matter, who was Hodges yelling at to have a go at on the side one on one with him?

Cagey Mac

Bench
Cagey - if you don't like an opinion ( and an objective one at that ) then that's your prerogative, and you ( as I ) are entitled to it...but cut out the condescending crap.

It speaks volumes.

How could you possibly deem your comment to be objective?
Where was the objectivity?
It was subjective and highly so

Anna Bolic

Juniors
..and if Beaver or El Masri had acted in the same way, my opinion would be the same as well ( I suspect others here would happily bag them for it though because they play for the "enemy" ).

I am also not questioning ( or bagging ) Ben's ability as a footballer ( my initial comments clearly state that I would have him in my side any day. You don't reach SOO level if you can't play the game. Glad he plays for us and not against us).

I am not even suggesting he should go around being a boofhead and start fights either ... I actually would rather that he didn't ( St George's improved discipline this year attests to that )...BUT if you do go out and start one then for christs sake stand your ground!

Maybe your right...i could be just an old fashioned guy, who has been watching the game for 30 years, and sometimes long for Raudonikis, Terri Randall and Dallas Donnelly to make a comeback. :D:D

Cheers!

big pat

Coach
does it really ruin people's day that ben turned the other cheek, all the games i've seen him play, i can't remember seeing him belting someone, so other supporters think he ia softcock, who gives a sh*t, and who are we to judge what ben was thinking, maybe he was worried about getting rubbed out for a couple of games, and if opposing teams are going to bait him, good i don't think they will get far, benny has got some pretty good teamates to back him up, don't think weyman,costigan,smith, and even wendell will stand idle, bring it on hodges you big sook.

MattYg1

Bench
Perhaps he needs to against the warriors pick out the most dangerous guy in the team and beat the Sh!T outta him...

You know... kinda like you would do if sent to jail! :D

ByRd

First Grade
Some cutieerbury trolls such as Byrdywyrdy and ouwetiwetiweti are already starting. It's only a matter of time before Kwigs and his crew start as well.
Trolls these days.
Ay leave byrdywrydy alone, you know if it was one of guys you guys would be having a laugh, Creagh is a top player and i was wishing he would deck that cat Hodges but he ran away, funniest thing haha

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not sure what else Creagh was supposed to do. Hodges went in with a grubby swinging arm on Gidley, and it was missed by the ref. Creagh pushed Hodges off, but didn't want to go with it - he decided to get back in the line. Smart move because a player had just been sent off. As it turned out he was sin binned, so it was a close call.

If Creagh went on with it, was sent off and suspended, would we be happy with that? FMD, I don't want to lose a club player over a dead rubber because he was baited by a grub. Perhaps I saw it differently to others.

redvscotty

First Grade
I thought it was funny, but I also thought he was getting ready to run the ball or something. I could be right, I could be wrong. Who gives a f**k if you don't want to fight when you keep scoring 2 tries a game?

Latest posts