What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Rogers

_Johnsy

Referee
So one of the nicest young kids coming through is robbed of the chance of playing first grade in front of his family for the first time. Give yourself a pat on the back Gallop and cronies.:x

Boo f**king hooo, if he didn't try to knee a player in the head he'd be sweet to play.

Rogers = cat
Vidot = dog

Apey

Staff member
So one of the nicest young kids coming through is robbed of the chance of playing first grade in front of his family for the first time. Give yourself a pat on the back Gallop and cronies.:x

Further proving there is a conspiracy that the NRL have it in for the Raiders >:O

"If I have to fight I have to fight. You have got to defend yourself and stand up for yourself and never back down,'' Vidot told Network Ten. "I wasn't trying to knee him, I was kind of pushed into it as well. I would not really call it (Rogers's punch) a real punch. I didn't really go down."

That's right kid you never hit the deck like Andrew Johns circa 1997. Keep ya head up, stick ya chest out and be proud of yourself.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Absolute disgrace that Rogers gets away with 3 weeks while Vidot cops almost the same suspension. Gus Gould got it 100% right in the link boxa posted.

Rogers should be sitting out for 18 weeks at an absolute minimum.

So I guess you thought Weyman should have got 18 weeks for his punch on Conn?

LOL @ Gus: "Once he had made the push, Vidot raised his hands in surrender, suggesting that was to be the extent of his retaliation."

Slackboy72

Coach
lol@Gus indeed, give him a hug for kneeing someone.

I lol'd.

The same Gus Gould who suggested SBW should be allowed to play for NSW and that the bulldogs should get their 2 points back for using 14 men to score a match winner against penrith.

There is a reason he is such a polarising figure in league today.

sooperdooper

First Grade
:lol: i dont know where to begin with that post, but i'd love to know what Vidot did to "niggle" rogers in the first place, besides have the audacity to make a tackle on him... the first infringement was Roger's cheeky elbow, which Vidot responded with a push... happens 100 times a game, then the two get on with things... Rogers, obviously frustrated with how the game was going, didnt want to go on with things, he wanted to unload on an unsuspecting marker defender with fists... we'll i'd call them hand bags, the first one was decent, definitely stunned Vidot, the rest were shockers though, he had about 5 clean shots at him, he landed one :lol:

more than what vidot could land back at him... all vidot could do was attempt a knee!
vidot is a weak indiviudual

_Johnsy

Referee
"If I have to fight I have to fight. You have got to defend yourself and stand up for yourself and never back down,'' Vidot told Network Ten. "I wasn't trying to knee him, I was kind of pushed into it as well.

vidot3.jpg

vidot4.jpg

Pushed by his lack of backbone maybe.

Ok then, he's a lying dog. Glad we could clear that up.

ando4285

Juniors
they shoulda both been sent rogers is a dog but vidot tries to knee him who cares if he didnt connect the intent was there

sooperdooper

First Grade
vidot is a dog and that is typical coming from the raiders...
do they ever get young players who dont have issues?
carney, thompson hitting women, vidot kneeing?

Seems like its in the culture...

K-Man

Bench
Give Rogers a couple of weeks. Massive overreaction to a push.

I would be happy to see Vidot play next week. I think what he did in self defense was justified given the punishment he received. The knee didn't make contact and his initial reaction was similar to a punching bag.

I agree with all of that.

No problem with Vidot, can't blame the kid really.

Harrison's effort was nasty though. He knew what he was doing to Taia and he didn't care.

aqua_duck

Coach
Vidot has done himself no favours by coming out and lying in the media, son you tried to commit a dog act just cop it on the chin and move on instead of giving us a sob story.
As for Rogers, I'm very disappointed...........................he didn't get 10 weeks

skeepe

Immortal
Vidot did absolutely nothing wrong. Those who disagree are nothing but Raider-hating fools.

Raider_69

Post Whore
more than what vidot could land back at him... all vidot could do was attempt a knee!
vidot is a weak indiviudual

Lets put you in front of an NRL footballer, with your hands at your side, and allow him one clean free shot, followed up by a barrage of fists. Lets see how many punches you manage to throw back.

Vidot was on the back foot from the first punch, he was being held, grabed, pushed, shoved evey which way, people trying to seperate him. I dont give 2 sh*ts what a screen cap (1/100th of a second still frame) in a 60 second blue "shows"
watch the thing in real time and you'll see exactly what happened. Vidot's actions were justified, treat a dog like a dog.

I hope next time we play the knights Vidot gets a clean shot at him, and i hope he puts his nose across his talentless face.

Last edited:

Latest posts