What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Rogers

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Dear Raiders,

Despite the poor attendance, atmosphere, conditions, and result of last night's game, I would like to thank you.

Your niggly team has granted the wish I have had for the last 26 weeks, a fool proof way to keep Ben Rogers off the field.

I don't know how to fully show how appreciative of this I am.

Thank you,

CJG182
If only it happened for us last year :lol:

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Ben Rogers is a joke of a footballer - fullstop.

He tries to be an enforcer - simply because he is overweight and has very little playmaking ability. Fustration = he has to be known for something and this is it.
It will be the highlight of his career.

Vidot however will score plenty more tries like two of the best I have seen all year.

Vidot was punched for no real reason - without notice and was repeatedly punched.

Why did he attempt to knee? Because the bloke has repeadetly punched him and had held him down by his jersey.
If he wasnt he might have been able to defense himself a la fight back be wasnt. It was out of self defence.

Last edited:

saint pebba

Coach
1. The knee did not make contact with Rogers at all
2. Kneeing action is exaggerated by Vidot being lifted/pulled back
3. He had been exposed to multiple punches and was cleary dazed
4. He needed to protect himself, pure self defence

The main point is that the knee did not make contact with Rogers, which pretty much ends the matter I'm afraid

Without this being taken the wrong way, you merkin Raiders supporters need to understand the following:

The intent to knee Rogers in the head was there. Just because it missed doesn't mean Vidot should be exonerated.

If it was a head high tackle then yes there would be no penalty.

Acts like this one need to be punished so that it never happens again.

Raider_69

Post Whore
How about the grubby raiders hooker who came in and escalated it..3rd man in

i said earlier in the thread he should have been binned
He didnt. Yay for us. Rogers should have been sent clean off. He didnt. Yay for you.

But good on Trav, he saw his mate get hit with a dog shot and came in to help. Didnt see who he picked out but it looked like De Gois, if so i recon he's been watching too many old origin footage where former Raiders great and balmain great would run around looking for each other when a fight broke out :lol:

bileduct

Coach
Personally, I would have liked to have seen the knee connect and Rogers teeth spill all over the grass, the miserable, talentless hack that he is.

The incident was brought on entirely by a glance at the southern end scoreboard.

Suck it up, Knought twinkies.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I don't think so.. Vidot will be a superstar one day and Rogers will always be a nobody.

Ben Rogers will one day tell his grand kids

"I once dog shotted the great Daniel Vidot"... his grand kids will ask "Pop, how the f**k were you ever on the same field as someone with talent?"

bileduct

Coach
The raiders fans on this forum have to be the most blinded fools walking....

Okay so here is my non bias opinion:

Vidot niggles rogers, rogers shoves him out of the way to play the ball, vidot responds with a shove and face full of anger.
Your opinion may be unbiased, but that unfortunately does not stop it from being geniused.

The real series of events is:

Rogers resents being tackled, Rogers looks at the scoreboard, Rogers elbows Vidot in the head, Vidot quite naturally responds with a shove, Rogers spits the dummy and throws a flurry of limp wristed punches because he is a total twinkie.

Get your f**kin' eyes checked.

ozjet1

IMO:
Rogers: 1 match.
Vidot: 2 matches for ATTEMPTED USE OF KNEE

a JOKE, right? cant believe how most people here are calling for about two games at the most for either party.

if this sport is going to be recognised by the greater population as more than just a game for thugs, both need to be rubbed out for longer than that. it's not a case of "it happened on the rugby league field, so who gives a sh*t."

i love my rugby league but that wasnt part of the game. was absolutely disgusted by the behaviour of both.......a dog shot by one, a knee with genuine intent from the other. both couldve done major damage. how about some proactivity from officialdom, rather than reacting to future consequences.

4 matches at the very least for both. it's got to be drummed into all these dumb merkins that a game of rugby league doesnt mean its a free for all to act like a thug.

f**kwits the both of 'em.

_Johnsy

Referee
Your opinion may be unbiased, but that unfortunately does not stop it from being geniused.

The real series of events is:

Rogers resents being tackled, Rogers looks at the scoreboard, Rogers elbows Vidot in the head, Vidot quite naturally responds with a shove, Rogers spits the dummy and throws a flurry of limp wristed punches because he is a total twinkie.

Get your f**kin' eyes checked.

Almost, top marks for trying though.

The cat Rogers resents being tackled, the cat Rogers looks at the scoreboard, the cat Rogers softly elbows The biggest dog act Vidot in the head, The biggest dog act Vidot quite naturally responds with a shove, The cat Rogers spits the dummy and throws a flurry of limp wristed punches because he is a total twinkie.
The biggest dog act Vidot tries a cowardly knee in the head while the cat Rogers is being held by other canberra players.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Almost, top marks for trying though.

The cat Rogers resents being tackled, the cat Rogers looks at the scoreboard, the cat Rogers softly elbows The biggest dog act Vidot in the head, The biggest dog act Vidot quite naturally responds with a shove, The cat Rogers spits the dummy and throws a flurry of limp wristed punches because he is a total twinkie.
The biggest dog act Vidot tries a cowardly knee in the head while the cat Rogers is being held by other canberra players.

vidot is the one being held down the whole time.

How hard is he being held down? have a look at his jersey afterwards.

He couldnt stand upright because rogers had him by the collar the whole time after grabbing and punching the bloke with out any real warning.

_Johnsy

Referee
vidot is the one being held down the whole time.

How hard is he being held down? have a look at his jersey afterwards.

He couldnt stand upright because rogers had him by the collar the whole time after grabbing and punching the bloke with out any real warning.

If you have not seen the footage don't comment, by your comments you obviously have not. The dog VIDOT had hold of cat rogers when he kneed him, and there were other canberra players holding cat rogers at that point.

ROGERS =

VIDOT =

End of story

raider_mike

Juniors
Ben Rogers is a joke of a footballer - fullstop.

He tries to be an enforcer - simply because he is overweight and has very little playmaking ability. Fustration = he has to be known for something and this is it.
It will be the highlight of his career.

Vidot however will score plenty more tries like two of the best I have seen all year.

Vidot was punched for no real reason - without notice and was repeatedly punched.

Why did he attempt to knee? Because the bloke has repeadetly punched him and had held him down by his jersey.
If he wasnt he might have been able to defense himself a la fight back be wasnt. It was out of self defence.

I agree with Big Time, he was acting like a tosser all game. Hopefully he'll cut that crap out after this.

Your just as big a f**kwit as your mate big time...do you wish the dell be dog shotted because of the way he is (confident?)

f**king geniuss trying to justify rogers dogshots with absolute bullsh*t.

Oh dear. Raiders Premier....you have outdone yourself

:lol: Dead set you guys are a bunch of useless morons

It's clear to see on the video you gits. To those who think Vidot's act was worse than Rogers' must be in absolute denial. Judiciary doesn't agree with you either I'm afraid

Last edited:

Latest posts