What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Rogers

Method

Juniors
:lol: Dead set you guys are a bunch of useless morons

It's clear to see on the video you gits. To those who think Rogers' act was worse than Vidot's must be in absolute denial. Judiciary doesn't agree with you either I'm afraid

So your agreeing with everyone then? settled :sarcasm:

The government need to invest more in schools in the ACT I think.

macavity

Referee
ok.

so the fact that rogers was provoked means it wasn't a "dog shot". glad that is all cleared up.

bileduct

Coach
The biggest dog act Vidot tries a cowardly knee in the head while the cat Rogers is being held by other canberra players.
A knee to the head of an attacker that is in the process of throwing punches at you whilst your arms are held back is cowardly?

Enjoy your Choke, dickhead.

Raider_69

Post Whore
so what exactly is a "dog shot" ?

simply throwing the first punch?

Decking a bloke who has no reason to expect to be deck, who's got his hands by his side. If Rogers was anything sort of a man he'd have shaped up and waited for Vidot to do the same, then two grown men could have a fair crack at each other. Instead you're mate decked him before he even knew a fight was on the cards. Low act. Dog act. Typical Newcastle.

_Johnsy

Referee
A knee to the head of an attacker that is in the process of throwing punches at you whilst your arms are held back is cowardly?

Enjoy your Choke, dickhead.

vidot4.jpg

His arms held back :lol::lol:, are you blind or just moronic. Refering to the choke, this means two things, one you know you are wrong and can offer this discussion nothing else, secondly your side is planning their end of year trip early, yet again.

Vic

Not dirty at all, Canberra thoroughly deserved the win against us.

Anything else ?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Rogers is a massive cat.

Vidot is a massive dog.

:lol: lets just leave it at that,
i've already had enough of this caper. Neither will play again this year so who gives a f**k :lol:

But gee i hope Newy are celebrating mad monday with us next week, im tipping they wont be because Penrith suck a serious amount of arse but it'd be f**king funny given the way their fans have gone on about "mad monday" to the raiders fans

bileduct

Coach
His arms held back :lol::lol:, are you blind or just moronic.
Vidot's arms are clearly being held back whilst Rogers was punching him. I don't give a f**k about your screencap.

Refering to the choke, this means two things
It means.

1) The Dragqueens will choke
2) It will happen right on cue, like it does every year.

BroncoBuck

Juniors
Your just as big a f**kwit as your mate big time...do you wish the dell be dog shotted because of the way he is (confident?)

f**king geniuss trying to justify rogers dogshots with absolute bullsh*t.

I'm not trying to justify Rogers' actions. Just saying it probably would have done the kid some good.

Anyway, Rogers is gone for the year, Raiders won the game, what are you complaining about? Man, some of you on here are a bunch of skirts.

boxa777

Coach
It's not my screenshot, I obtained it from the raiders forum wanker.

Before you label someone a dog you might want to study the tape a little closer and put things in perspective..

Vidot copped hit after hit. Then he was held by the collar as Rogers looked for additional hits. The grip on the collar was tight as, proven by Vidot's ripped collar as he went to the bin. What do you suggest Vidot do in that instance? Just sit there and let this merkin keep throwing them on him by holding him by the collar so Vidot is helpless?

In my mind its clear Vidot got desperate in trying to get Rogers to let him go moreso than trying to knee him in the head. It's easy to sit on your lofty perch and criticise Vidot for a desperate act. Clearly you haven't been in many blues.

Gould sums it up brilliantly today.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/...-total-overkill/2009/09/01/1251570710684.html

skeepe

Immortal
Rogers's hit was a dog shot: Vidot

BY CHRIS DUTTON, RUGBY LEAGUE
2/09/2009 6:56:00 AM

Raiders winger Daniel Vidot says he reacted to a ''dog shot'' and is gutted at the prospect of not being able to play in front of his family in Brisbane on Sunday.

The Raiders have until midday today to decide whether to contest Vidot's grade-three contrary conduct and Bronson Harrison's grade-one dangerous contact charges at the NRL judiciary.

Vidot was charged for the attempted use of his knee on Newcastle five-eighth Ben Rogers in the Raiders' 30-14 win over the Knights on Monday night.

Rogers nailed the teenager with three punches and both were sent to the sin bin.
While Vidot said Rogers apologised after the match, he was shattered his planned family reunion was unlikely to go ahead.

''I guess it's footy and things like this happen but I thought it was a bit stupid of him to chuck a dog shot like that,'' Vidot said of Rogers's punch.

''It was spur of the moment, everything just happened in a flash.

''There's definitely some regret there, it sucks now that I don't get to see my whole family in Brisbane.
''They were all going to come out for the game and looking forward to it and it sucks."

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/new...rogerss-hit-was-a-dog-shot-vidot/1611944.aspx

Absolute disgrace that Rogers gets away with 3 weeks while Vidot cops almost the same suspension. Gus Gould got it 100% right in the link boxa posted.

Rogers should be sitting out for 18 weeks at an absolute minimum.

_Johnsy

Referee
So reacting by kneeing someone is acceptable ?

18 weeks for punching like Montgomery Burns, when both players are standing face to face, one of your best skeepe.

So one of the nicest young kids coming through is robbed of the chance of playing first grade in front of his family for the first time. Give yourself a pat on the back Gallop and cronies.:x