What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Rogers

Method

Juniors
Ben Rogers 1 week
Vidot 20 weeks

Remember this is the raiders, and if the conspiracy theory proves right, justice shall be served.:sarcasm:

Packy

Bench
:lol:

You're the only person who thinks there was even remotely anything in it. Taia was injured as soon as he hit the ground. Unfortunate, but that's football.

If the NRL are fair dinkum, Rogers will be referred straight to the judiciary and suspended for 20 weeks minimum.

Vidot, grade 1 contrary conduct, points penalty only with an early guilty plea.

Also, Mark Taufua, grade 2 careless high tackle, 1 week with early guilty plea.

Brrzzzzzzzzzzzttttttttttttttttt

edabomb

First Grade
20 weeks? No.

Deserves 4. Not as bad as what Weyman did to Conn last year, but punching a guy with his hands down is a dog act.

Vidot deserves a week for that UFC move as well.

LOL, Great punch.

Still, LOL at you bunch of skirts complaining about a few punches. HAHAHAHA.

20 weeks? Never fail to impress skeepie boy.

Great punch? Don't make me laugh. He couldn't even drop him. He gave him his best shot and Dan took it all and not only kept standing, but had the presence of mind to throw that sick lookin Muay Thai knee. I would of done the exact same thing too. Good on him.

What about his freakish skills though? He was schooling those over-novo's.

Big Time

Juniors
FFS, what do you expect an 18 year old to do when a bloke just starts randomly punching him in the head? Keep his cool?

Not use his knee. Vidot was being a cocky little prick all game. Every time he played the ball he was getting up mouthing off. Had a good start to the game and went to his head a bit. I actually said just before the fight that he needed to be sat on his arse. Young blokes like that need to be put in their place sometimes and Rogers did that. Everyone knows you don't use knees or feet on a footy field. He just needed to man up and accept the fact he got tuned up. Big pretty boy then walking off field high fiving players and then punching his locker when camera was on him. I reckon he has put a bit of a target on his head. Blokes like Hodges and Sailor will absolutely give it to him next year.

lsta5838

Juniors
Rogers should have been sent off. If the refs did not see Vidot's knee, he should of stayed on. He was basically binned because of Rogers' over reaction to something that occurs in an everyday tackle. No way he should have been binned. I thought I heard Wadell was to be binned for 3rd man in, did anyone else hear that? Or was I dreaming?

Rogers should get 2 weeks off. Vidot should get a week or 2, you cannot use knees no matter how ugly things get.

edabomb

First Grade
Not use his knee. Vidot was being a cocky little prick all game. Every time he played the ball he was getting up mouthing off. Had a good start to the game and went to his head a bit. I actually said just before the fight that he needed to be sat on his arse. Young blokes like that need to be put in their place sometimes and Rogers did that. Everyone knows you don't use knees or feet on a footy field. He just needed to man up and accept the fact he got tuned up. Big pretty boy then walking off field high fiving players and then punching his locker when camera was on him. I reckon he has put a bit of a target on his head. Blokes like Hodges and Sailor will absolutely give it to him next year.

Na, when you get sucker punched it's anything goes.

Agree he will now be targeted big time though.

_Johnsy

Referee
I am amazed there are raiders fans trying to justify an attempted knee to the head of an opposing player. Rodgers was being held by 2 raiders players and devito attempts to knee him, DOG effort.

Rodgers deserves 3 weeks, as does devito. Both dogs.

edabomb

First Grade
I am amazed there are raiders fans trying to justify an attempted knee to the head of an opposing player. Rodgers was being held by 2 raiders players and devito attempts to knee him, DOG effort.

Rodgers deserves 3 weeks, as does devito. Both dogs.

I do agree, but I think Vidot should get off a bit lighter since his was reactionary, where as Rogers was a calculated blow.

_Johnsy

Referee
I do agree, but I think Vidot should get off a bit lighter since his was reactionary, where as Rogers was a calculated blow.

I disagree, devito's knee was not in the initial stages of the fight, it only came when dogrodgers was being held. IMO there is no justification for trying to knee someone in the head, ever.

yobbo84

Coach
Rogers MUST get 5 weeks. The precedent was set with David Fa'alogo in 2007. Both overracted to something that happened in the tackle, both lashed out with a punch, both connected flush. Only difference being Fa'alogo can throw 'em.

Paullyboy

Coach
I'm not going to defend Vidot, it didn't look good in first viewing and didn't look much better on replay.

I think Weyman's suspension for punching Conn last year was one of the most embarrassing moments for the judiciary in recent times and I hope they don't keep up that trend by giving Rogers a long stint. Punches happen in sport, move on, and I'm a massive Raiders fan.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
There is nothing dog like about using your knee to defend yourself from a clinch when a guy is pounding your face in. That is a pretty smart thing to do actually. If he let go of the clinch then Rogers "in theory" could have kept punching him.

If the Raiders are smart they will just trot out a doctor and explain that the first few hits dazed Vidot. He cannot remember what happened and was acting on instinct in trying to get the maniac who had just king hit him like a dog off him.

Doesn't deserve anything at all IMO. If Vidot and Rogers had been in a fair fight without the king hit and Vidot had tied him up in a clinch and then just started unloading with the knee.... well that would be different. He had been punched 2-3 times before he even had time to put his hands up.

_Johnsy

Referee
There is nothing dog like about using your knee to defend yourself from a clinch when a guy is pounding your face in. That is a pretty smart thing to do actually. If he let go of the clinch then Rogers "in theory" could have kept punching him.

If the Raiders are smart they will just trot out a doctor and explain that the first few hits dazed Vidot. He cannot remember what happened and was acting on instinct in trying to get the maniac who had just king hit him like a dog off him.

Doesn't deserve anything at all IMO. If Vidot and Rogers had been in a fair fight without the king hit and Vidot had tied him up in a clinch and then just started unloading with the knee.... well that would be different. He had been punched 2-3 times before he even had time to put his hands up.

FMD, are you on drugs. Watch it again devito pushes dogrodgers, stands in front, dogrodgers raises his hands, devito still has his droped. They are both facing each other, dogrodgers hits devito fair on the chin. Not a king hit in any way shape or form, quick go and get your daily meth hit.

Trying to knee a player who is being held by your team mates is a dog act, make no mistake about it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
6 weeks for Rogers
1 week for Vidot (free to play with an early plea)

would imo be a fair and just punishment.