What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Rogers

_Johnsy

Referee
Let someone king hit you 9 or 10 times and see how you go.

merkin.

3 points,

Devito was letting rogers hit him, wtf!!!!, devito tried to hit him back and could not land one. So he tried kneeing him in the head. As a result of the attempted knee and subsequent force he tried to connect, Devito's entire body left the ground.

It was not a king hit, and lastly

Are you seriously that f**king moronic.

Meth

Staff member
I didn't mind the referee's handling of it- sin bin and let the judiciary deal with it. Rogers probably could have been sent, but a sin bin was alright.

There is a world of difference, even if just in reckoning, between a punch and a knee.

Greg Bird's knee on Marteene would have hardly left a mark, but he was suspended for 10 weeks. I wouldn't complain if Vidot got 4-6 weeks.

saint pebba

First Grade
In all fairness the attempted Knee was something that should never happen in a footy game so there has to be some kind of suspension to deter. If not every player will know the rule book goes out the window when you are not the instigator.

Vidot - 2 weeks
Rogers - 2 weeks

mickdo

Coach
Harrisons dog act was by far the worst of the night. He should be getting months for it. It was a deliberate attempt to dislocate a shoulder, and it worked

Garbage. Even the Knights coach said in the post-match interview that his shoulder was already out when he hit the ground, and that he had no issue with the tackler.

skeepe

Immortal
If the NRL has any balls:

Rogers - 18 weeks
Taufua - 1 week
Fa'aoso - 1 week
Vidot - 0 weeks
Harrison - 0 weeks

That would be the fair outcome.

edabomb

First Grade
If you pushed someone after a tackle then dropped your hands, you deserve to be punched in the head.

Facts are as follows:
1. Rodgers gave devito a "little" elbow to the neck, hardly enough to break a wet paper bag.
2. Devito then pushes rodgers in the head.
3. Rodgers and devito are face to face.
4. Rodgers throws a punch and connects with devitos head.
5. A brawl ensues.
6. As Rodgers is being held by Canberra players devito tries to knee him in the head.

Rodgers actions not defendable,
Devitos actions not defendable.

Both deserve a minimum of 3 weeks on the sidelines.

3 weeks for both would be fair. But the fact Weyman got 8 weeks last year for a pretty similar incident makes me think Rogers will probably get 4 or 5.

_Johnsy

Referee

Rogers - 18 weeks
Taufua - 1 week
Fa'aoso - 1 week
Vidot - 0 weeks
Harrison - 0 weeks

Looking at your reasoning this week, why wasn't Campese given a lengthy suspension for "King hitting" Young.

You are an A-Grade farkwit skeepe.

edabomb

First Grade

Rogers - 18 weeks
Taufua - 1 week
Fa'aoso - 1 week
Vidot - 0 weeks
Harrison - 0 weeks

I reckon Zeb Taia should also get a couple of weeks for that malicious shoulder charge on Harrison's hand/arm.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
after watching again rogers should be suspended for throwing punches that wouldnt hurt a 2 week old baby. i still say he was throwing them at someone who wasnt expecting it....

even though zeb's arm may have been out before harrison chicken winged it, it wasnt a good look

Jason Maher

Immortal
Watching that video, I agree with the Raiders fans that Rogers should have been sent. Grabbed his jersey and then planted one on his chin. Equals a king hit for mine. Should get 5-6 weeks. Vidot's knee looked bad as well. It connected, just not very well. 2-3 weeks at least. Not so sure about Harrison. It was a chicken wing for sure (and McCrone had a pretty fair go on the other arm in the same tackle if you watch the replay), but I think the damage was done before that. Probably 2-3 weeks again, given the NRL have supposedly cracked down on the wrestling rubbish.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Rogers - 18 weeks
Taufua - 1 week
Fa'aoso - 1 week
Vidot - 0 weeks
Harrison - 0 weeks

18 weeks :lol:

Can we give you 18 weeks from this forum for being completely imbecilic?

boxa777

Coach

Rogers - 18 weeks
Taufua - 1 week
Fa'aoso - 1 week
Vidot - 0 weeks
Harrison - 0 weeks

Honestly how the f**k are you getting 18 weeks for Rogers? I hate the prick but he deserves a week max. People shouldn't be penalised more if they can fight. That's always been an issue for mine how someone can throw a thousand haymakers and get nothing, whilst another player throws one accurate punch and there are cries for lengthy suspensions.

And I agree the attempted knee was the wrong thing to do but I would think more before labelling someone a cat in that position where they have copped hits in the head and are looking for retribution. He'll learn that knees are not accepted but cop a few hits in the head and tell me how you'd react in your first fight in your first season. Clearly he wasn't in the frame of mind to be thinking straight.

What time do these charges come out?

Raider_69

Post Whore
LOL

R69, delusional as always.

Harrisons dog act was by far the worst of the night. He should be getting months for it. It was a deliberate attempt to dislocate a shoulder, and it worked.

Vidot, Faas & Rogers - no case to answer
Harrison - 18 weeks.

Either thats the most obvious attempt at bait of all time, or you're a fool
either way im not going to waste any more time on it than this post

Raider_69

Post Whore
Can we give you 18 weeks from this forum for being completely imbecilic?

If this site was in the habit of doing that, very few people on this forum would still be posting. You certainly wouldnt be one of them. :)

_Johnsy

Referee
KING HIT –noun Australian. a knockout punch
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/king-hit

I don't even think that the "punch" that Rogers threw would have even made skeepes wobbly, buckled knees move at all.
2006030700970301.jpg

It defies belief that anyone can call that punch a king hit.

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
It defies belief that anyone can call that punch a king hit.

You're right, it was a sucker punch, which is just as bad.

The king hit reference comes from the NRL suspending Michael Weyman for what they called a "king hit" last year, despite the fact that Daniel Connjob was even more ready for it than Daniel Vidot was last night.

Latest posts