What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Rogers

Raider_69

Post Whore
It defies belief that anyone can call that punch a king hit.

I agree. Not a king hit.
But certainly a dog shot. Vidot had his hands by his side, didnt even look interested in a fight, he got a cheeky elbow, he pushed the guy and was happy to leave it at that. Rogers then unloaded on a bloke who didnt even look remotely interested.

My favourite part was little Travis Waddell coming and getting amongst it, the touchie told Chechin he should have been binned which was ignored. Luckily for canberra, he was definitely 3rd man in throwing punches :lol: I love that from a hooker. Little sh*ts that they are.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
he pushed the guy and was happy to leave it at that.... :lol:

I cant believe some of you dunces are saying Vidot's a cat for getting punched in the head and taking it. Steve Price is a cat...he got KO'd. Dan took it all and kept standing. He deserves praise for that.

One thing's for sure though...none of you will forget the name Daniel Vidot in a hurry after last night.

_Johnsy

Referee
You're right, it was a sucker punch, which is just as bad.

Sucker punch, yeah no doubt.

Sucker punch is as much a dog act as attempting to knee someone in the head with that much force your entire body leaves the ground. In your attempts to rubbish Rogers actions (& deservedly so) you are trying to justify actions of devito that were just as bad, if not worse. Take the lime green glasses off.

_Johnsy

Referee
I cant believe some of you dunces are saying Vidot's a cat for getting punched in the head and taking it.

No-one has said this, people have said he was stupid for pushing Rogers in the head and not expecting some type of reaction.

Do they teach an alternate type of english in canberra ?

skeepe

Immortal
No-one has said this, people have said he was stupid for pushing Rogers in the head and not expecting some type of reaction.

Do they teach an alternate type of english in canberra ?

He pushed him in the chest you ignoramus. And that was purely a reaction to Rogers elbowing him in the head.

That's what I can't believe out of this... Rogers was clearly the instigator yet the Knights get the penalty?!?!

Meth

Staff member
I cant believe some of you dunces are saying Vidot's a cat for getting punched in the head and taking it. Steve Price is a cat...he got KO'd. Dan took it all and kept standing. He deserves praise for that.

One thing's for sure though...none of you will forget the name Daniel Vidot in a hurry after last night.

Steve Price was ko'd from a great punch from Clinton.

Vidot was on the end of a flurry from Ben Rogers

Neither is a cat, but Vidot would be closer to the fe-line

Raider_69

Post Whore
he pushed the guy and was happy to leave it at that.... :lol:

Im sorry, did i miss something.
From my viewing, Rogers elbows Vidot, Vidot pushes him, Rogers then pushes back and unloads a couple of hand bags... must have missed the part that Vidot shaped up for a fight, instigated a fight or even looked interested in carrying things on from that point

feel free to correct me Todger

Raider_69

Post Whore
Apparently Rogers is facing 5 weeks for striking, Vidot is up for 3 for the knee.
I think Vidot's is harsh and i hope the club goes to bat for him, under the circumstances i think they'd be a good chance for a downgrade, but either way he'll be right for round 1 next year, hopefully the U20's are there long enough that he'll get back for them too

skeepe

Immortal
Vidot being charged, if true, is an absolute disgrace and further proof that consistency is a dirty word at NRL HQ.

And Rogers is getting off unbelievable lightly.

skeepe

Immortal
Rogers 3 weeks with early guilty plea, Vidot 2.

Are you f**king kidding me? 3 f**king weeks?

The NRL is an absolute joke. f**k me dead. Rogers should go out and buy a lottery ticket, because he has gotten away with murder.

What a f**king joke!!!!!

Macca616

Juniors
It's amazing how some people can seemingly watch a match and miss so much. Vidot had tried to start 3 other scraps earlier in the game and was asking to be taught a lesson. Lucky for him it was only rogers.
Why do people keep blaming the NRL. BLAH BLAH BLAH. If you are intelligent enough to sit down and watch the whole game you will say why decisions such as these are made.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Where did you hear that mate?

(and if so, a bit harsh on both counts, especially Vidot)

Got posted on another site i visit, member said they herd it on FS.
I think they are the base charges and Yobbo is on the mark with the early pleas

skeepe

Immortal
Rogers Grade 4 Striking.

Vidot Grade 3 Contrary Conduct - Attempted Use of Knee.

They got it wrong.

Based on past incidents, Rogers should have been referred straight to the judiciary and Vidot should have been given a grade 1 contrary conduct charge.

Ridiculous.

Good to see common sense prevail with Bronson Harrison though.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Rogers Grade 4 Striking.

Vidot Grade 3 Contrary Conduct - Attempted Use of Knee.

I think there is a fair chance to have Vidot's downgraded. I'd be fighting that charge, attempting a downgrade to Grade 2 or even possibly grade 1
It'll only cost us a game if we lose, which will be scrubed out in the U20's and Trial games

Latest posts