What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Smith - On the Outer

eels_

Juniors
I dont think a winger or centre is worth 200k... A good half paid 500k can make a 50k winger look like gold. (And can also contribute to the overall performance of the team than a winger/centre can).

I like Ben smith but don't care if he goes... Same for the entire parra team. We have not won anything with this bunch of players, so I dont care if they all go and we rebuild from scratch.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
He won't be shown the door this year. He may be shopped around next year.

PS Anderson is a Jamie Lyon fan. (That's just my input, not the source's)

Unless we sign representative material I wouldn't be releasing him early. Jusy my opinion. Looks like DA is really pissed with some of his comments...

I'm off to the game.

bartman

Immortal
I dont think a winger or centre is worth 200k...
Agree, unless they are current rep quality (and I mean national sides).

Strangely enough, we are spending more than that from our cap on three non-rep outside backs :crazy: (presuming Eric is on under 200K).

eels_

Juniors
Agree, unless they are current rep quality (and I mean national sides).

Strangely enough, we are spending more than that from our cap on three non-rep outside backs :crazy: (presuming Eric is on under 200K).

Rep centres/wingers are useless if we dont have the halves to take advantage of them... All rep wingers/centres are these days are just wingers/centres playing in 'winning' teams... thats why they seem to swap and change every year.... (I know thats not true in all cases but u know what I mean)

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
good, get rid of the rubbish please, he's overrated, overpaid, and pretty much useless, and his defense is only average.

I still find it funny how some talked him up as a possible SOO player lol

much like Hayne is atm

if DA is gonna move him to the back row he needs time to gel in his new position, much like the time he gave Hayne

Raudonikis

Juniors
IMO Ben would be on about 250,i doubt he would have signed a long term deal unless it was woth his while...As someone else said,let the cleanout continue...We would free up a hell of a lot of money if 2 other pretenders (outside backs) also left

watatank

Coach
Sorry for not being more specific, by on the outer I mean out of Parramatta altogether. Similar to Finch. I would do it in a heartbeat but only if we sign someone like Morris, David Williams or Delaney.

Isn't Smith playing in the back row these days? You could use his cash for a back rower

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Honestly besides a few games in early 2007 Smith has shown absolutely nothing since his great 2005. A guy with his history of injuries is then signed to a 4 year Deal FFS...... Thank god Hagan is gone :?

Raudonikis

Juniors
we could get the wooden spoon this year yet by the time andos through cleaning out.Be last if sharks win and we lose tonight

lingard

Coach
He won't be shown the door this year. He may be shopped around next year.

PS Anderson is a Jamie Lyon fan. (That's just my input, not the source's)

I`d have Jamie Lyon back in a flash. Centre, five-eight; may even end up playing lock at the end of his career. Be a great buy. I don`t blame him for leaving Parra. I think he just couldn`t work with micro-manager, Brian Smith. At least he had the balls to stand up and say so. And he doesn`t seem to have had a problem with subsequent coaches.

scottyeel

Bench
I`d have Jamie Lyon back in a flash. Centre, five-eight; may even end up playing lock at the end of his career. Be a great buy. I don`t blame him for leaving Parra. I think he just couldn`t work with micro-manager, Brian Smith. At least he had the balls to stand up and say so. And he doesn`t seem to have had a problem with subsequent coaches.
:?
That's funny. The way I remember it he didn't say anything, just ran away and left his coach, teammates and fans with no explanation.

lingard

Coach
I dont think a winger or centre is worth 200k... A good half paid 500k can make a 50k winger look like gold. (And can also contribute to the overall performance of the team than a winger/centre can).

I like Ben smith but don't care if he goes... Same for the entire parra team. We have not won anything with this bunch of players, so I dont care if they all go and we rebuild from scratch.

A year or two ago, I would have disagreed with you. I had my favourites: Krisnan Inu, Ben Smith, Feliti Mateo, Hindmarsh, Joel Reddy. But now, I don`t really care who goes. I`d like to keep Reddy, Mateo and Hindmarsh. They try every week. But I wouldn`t cry tears of blood if they left.

lingard

Coach
Personally, I expect Ben Smith to play a lot of centre tonight - particularly in defence. If not, I think having Tautai and the new chap on the wing, against the Broncos backs, is just asking to be slaughtered.

Latest posts