What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Te'o cleared by police

nöyd

Staff member
f**k this shit! 16 pages already. yet any discussion about relevant football issues struggles to get past half of the first page until it degenerates into my club your club crap.

you lot a no better than gutter journos when some scandalous story hits the press.

5r5ahz.jpg

blaza88z

Coach
obviously I have absolutely no idea what happened here but the fact she didn't press charges and went through media before going through the police stinks of Teo being innocent, whatever she done was obviously pretty serious to provoke him, not that it's acceptable to hit a woman but we should all wait and see before labelling Teo a woman basher

Tommy Smith

Referee
censorship at its finest
I almost got banned for stating that 'you know who' did 'you know what' despite providing a link where 'you know who' admitted in court to doing 'you know what'.

Who knows, maybe i'll get another PM even for saying this. So this is what it was like to live in East Germany. f**king Stasi.

Noname36

First Grade
It actually makes more sense if Te'o made the call given she hasn't pressed charges. Her story may not line up if she hasn't pressed charges but has gone straight to the media.

Not excusing Te'o for anything though. If this is true he needs to be sacked from his club at the very least and maybe deregistered for a period.

Diesel

Referee
obviously I have absolutely no idea what happened here but the fact she didn't press charges and went through media before going through the police stinks of Teo being innocent, whatever she done was obviously pretty serious to provoke him, not that it's acceptable to hit a woman but we should all wait and see before labelling Teo a woman basher

Good call.

beave

Coach
Did anyone else think Weidler was more concerned with trumpeting his own networks story on this than actually asking some legit questions???

firechild

First Grade
That is not good enough. He's 100kg. She's about half that. Unless you're in direct immediate danger you do not need to hit a woman, even if she hits you first.

You have to look at it from a legal perspective and not a moral one. I think most of us would agree this is not at all acceptable but legally, a person can be considered "in danger" if someone has assaulted (in the immediate context, obviously not if they were assaulted some time ago) or is in the process of assaulting them. A woman hitting a man is just as much assault as a man hitting a woman. Without knowing the details, he may still be charged but if she hit him first then she should certainly be charged.

It seems like there are two witnesses to this story.

So unless Boyd & Norman want to lie to the police and magistrate , im confident we'll hear the full story.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I'm trying hard to come up with a reason why it would be justified that a 100 kg bloke hitting a 60 kg woman giving her a black eye (someone posted fractured cheekbone)

Personal safety? She would need to be carrying a weapon (knife, gun, steel pipe etc) and be having a real go with it. But, why the blackeye.

Sorry, I struggling to justify the black eye; maybe some bruises on the arms holding her back - but a Black Eye.