What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Te'o cleared by police

taxidriver

Coach
why have the inglis posts been removed?

they were sourced and linked

protected species on these boards as well?

Flapper

First Grade
Police won't just lead a woman with a black eye out of the house because some guy asks them too. They'd investigate how she got the black eye first. I could be wrong though, can you help me out BunniesMan?

BunniesMan

Immortal
What if she had a weapon?

A punch for a punch is not on but there are some circumstances where he may have had to defend himself physically.
I said unless the man is in "direct immediate danger". The woman having a weapon would fall under that. If a woman has a weapon and is trying to use it on a man the man obviously has the right to do what is necessary to keep himself safe.

The interesting part of the statement for me is that he says he called the police.

Earlier reports were that Norman called.

He could be lying , but its an easy thing for the police to refute if so.

Apey

Staff member

magpie4ever

First Grade
The interesting part of the statement for me is that he says he called the police.

That's why i asked who the statement was from? Doesn't make sense - it was not his house.

Perth Red

Post Whore
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/woman-says-queensland-origin-and-former-broncos-player-ben-teo-assaulted-her-as-incident-reported-to-police/story-e6freoof-1226648294205

That's the most interesting part for mine.

Why go through the whole process of talking to Police and then not lay charges?

Especially if you are later going to go to the media with the allegations?

If you are going to allege an incident such as this and bring it to the attention of the world, you need to press charges first imo. Otherwise it smacks of trying to turn a nothing into a something via trial by media.

Serious enough to talk to channel nine, but not serious enough to go through the judicial system and actually test your allegations / give the defendant a chance to actually defend himself.

l.jpg

Packy

Bench
Even if a crazy bitch is going apeshit at you claws everywhere, you don't need to hit her. You tie her in a knot and get the f**k out of there.

big hit!

Bench
f**k this shit! 16 pages already. yet any discussion about relevant football issues struggles to get past half of the first page until it degenerates into my club your club crap.

you lot a no better than gutter journos when some scandalous story hits the press.

Smiley

Bench

Richardson said Te'o made the phone call from Norman's phone.