What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Te'o cleared by police

Why does Channel 9 always do these sort of story's (most aren't even legit) on their number one sport and number one rating program? I don't think I've ever seen a network purposely kick its best rating show in the guts over and over. Seriously f**k 9! The NRL should've had a clause in the contract for this garbage to not damage the game considering its 99% of the time rubbish.

Cletus

First Grade
So she talks to police but doesn't lodge a complaint??? But is happy to talk to the channel 9 and RL hater f**k knuckle Overton???? I'm sure for no cash either.....

Seem legit :sarcasm:

I wouldn't have thought the cops would need a complaint and I doubt he'll be charged if he hasn't already. Those phoTheFilthySpammers look dodgy as well, she seems to have huge amounts of makeup on except on the black eye? Weird situation.

the dude

Juniors
and of course this dumb b**** waits for women in league round to bring it to the publics attention.. yeah, she finally found the "courage to speak out"

how about laying charges first??

gronkathon

First Grade
You will find these pictures have been circling in the NRL ranks for some time. Hell even that halfwit "The Mole" saw it a while back. Nine, Seven & The Telecrap have been chasing it hard. I guess they finally hit the magic number

El Diablo

Post Whore

franklin2323

Immortal
You could be right - wonder if there are any other injuries to suggest a push?

Good question. Doesn't say what if any Medical treatment was needed.

I am not naive enough to think this (Women bashing) doesn't happen but this seems strange as too timing Police not pressing charges etc

HowHigh

Coach
So no charges? They should pull the interview/story then if that's the case.
But they'll still air a story that's full of shit I'm sure.

gronkathon

First Grade
Souths were really stupid enough not to inform the NRL about this until last night?

What a bunch of f**king idiots.

The have basically sat on this information. Regardless of the circumstances it would have allowed the NRL to be proactive on this issue. But no, they just sit back and wait for it to unfold and hope it doesn't.

Teo did what was required in terms of reporting. His club failed the game in this circumstance

BuffaloRules

Coach
QLD Police confirm allegations against Te'o have been formally withdrawn & matter is no longer under investigation #NRL

Poor Channel 9 - this takes away a bit from their "exclusive"...I wonder if they will mention this part on the news tonight?

the dude

Juniors
Souths were really stupid enough not to inform the NRL about this until last night?

What a bunch of f**king idiots.

The have basically sat on this information. Regardless of the circumstances it would have allowed the NRL to be proactive on this issue. But no, they just sit back and wait for it to unfold and hope it doesn't.

Teo did what was required in terms of reporting. His club failed the game in this circumstance

WRONG.

Statement from Ben T'eo

I wish to make the following statement in relation to rumours circulating about an incident which occurred approximately one month ago in Brisbane.

I am making this statement on the understanding that a television network intends to broadcast a story this evening which does not give a true account of the incident.

I have not provided a statement to this network in response to the story.

I understand that the news story contains a claim by a female that I was involved in an altercation with her at a house in Brisbane.

I have not been informed of the exact nature of the news story, however I am able to refute entirely any suggestion that I acted improperly.

On the night in question, I found myself in unfortunate circumstances that were not caused by me and I acted appropriately to deal with a difficult situation.

I called the police to report the incident and have the female removed from the house.

I have not pressed charges against the female and to the best of my knowledge no charges have been laid against me.

I don?t wish to go into any further detail about this matter because I regard the incident as unfortunate and something I wish to leave behind me.

I have offered my co-operation to the Police, the NRL integrity unit, my Club and other authorities to ensure that this matter is dealt with in the appropriate way.

To this point I have not had any contact from the Police since their attendance at the house, and neither my management nor my Club have had any contact from the Police or the female at the centre of this news story.

Accordingly I have no further comment to make at this stage.

BranVan3000

Coach
So nine are going to tar and feather Teo over a situation where no charges have been laid? Sounds like defamation