What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Te'o cleared by police

Matchball

Bench
Channel 9 are crafty. They buy the rights for 1 billion to televise the games, flood it with alcohol and gambling adverts and drag the code through the mud to lift their current affair ratings.

Let's ask them for 2 billion next contract because Gyngall got a bargain.

NAS

Juniors
I reckon this "scandal" is closely related to another story that surfaced earlier this year.

And I reckon it's the greatest beat up in history.

I think that the story is going to come out that player A was with girl, who alleged that the player was the father of her unborn child. Girl has since moved on with another bloke, who's got a way with words apparently, and player A was involved in an altercation with the other bloke.

Girl was apparently hurt at a party......and she took offence that player A didn't comfort her.

There were other players there when she was hurt.

Player A no longer plays for the club that the other players are at..........

with me?

BunniesMan

Immortal
If proven I want him banned for life, and if he isn't I hope the club tears his contract up at the very least. But if the allegations are proven to be false, I want him to bankrupt the accuser.

Diesel

Referee
It'll be another nothing story, then Smith needs to come down hard on Nine. The NRL owes Nine no favours regardless that these merkins pay the bills

ek999

First Grade
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ported-to-police/story-e6freoof-1226648294205

A BRISBANE woman has contacted Queensland police alleging she was physically assaulted by Queensland Origin forward Ben Te'o in the presence of fellow NRL players Corey Norman and Darius Boyd. News Limited can reveal Norman, the Broncos fullback, made a 000 emergency call after the alleged incident, which left the woman with a black eye and facial injuries.
The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has told police she was punched by Te'o. On Monday, she conducted a tell-all interview with Channel Nine, which will be aired tonight (Wednesday).
In the interview, the woman claims: "I was laying in the hallway with blood everywhere ... I could have been dead for all they know."
South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson has been made aware of the allegations against Te'o, who joined the Rabbitohs this year after four seasons with the Broncos between 2009-12.

Richardson did not return calls to News Limited this morning but sent a text message saying the Rabbitohs will hold a press conference at 1.30pm today.
It is understood Te'o - who made his State of Origin debut for Queensland last year - will vigorously defend the allegations.
The woman has spoken with police but has yet to lodge a formal complaint. No charges have yet been laid.
The alleged incident occurred after the Test match between Australia and New Zealand, played in Canberra on Friday, April 19.
The following night, Te'o and Newcastle fullback Boyd, who played in the Test match for the Kangaroos, visited Norman in Brisbane.
The woman is understood to have returned to Norman's Brisbane home, where Te'o lived during his time with the Broncos.
It is alleged an altercation broke out between Te'o and the woman, who was left with bleeding near her left eye.
One of the players immediately fled from the premises.
Sources told News Limited Norman attended to the woman, attending to her eye with a towel before ringing police, who arrived to interview the parties.
Details of the alleged incident have emerged just a week after the NRL celebrated its Women in League round.
Broncos chief executive Paul White declined to comment when contacted this morning. Newcastle boss Matt Gidley did not return calls to News Limited.
The development also comes at an inopportune time for Queensland. The Maroons team for Origin I is named Monday and both Te'o and Boyd were expected to be included for the series opener at ANZ Stadium on June 5.
It is not yet known if Te'o will be stood down by the Rabbitohs and whether the alleged incident will affect his chances of being picked for Queensland.

gUt

Coach
38062751.jpg

Last edited:

coolsteve

Juniors
If proven I want him banned for life, and if he isn't I hope the club tears his contract up at the very least. But if the allegations are proven to be false, I want him to bankrupt the accuser.
I want, I want, I want

Last edited:

Latest posts