What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Teo Facing 3-4 weeks

LESStar58

Referee
3-4 weeks? Why? It was a fantastic hit and Groat still managed to get up and walk, albeit assisted.

Has the game really gone this soft?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Equating taking head contact seriously with softness only makes you look geniused.

You. Cannot. Hit. Someones. Head.

Delibretley or not you cannot do it, people can suffer terrible consequences from that many years down the track. It has to be stamped out. And when people f**k up and make a mistake tackling they must be punished so they try harder not to make the same mistake next time.

You have control of your own body. You can avoid a ball runners head if you want to.

I played 10 years of footy, I never once tackled someone above the shoulders. Because a) I'm not unco and b) I didn't want to potentially injure someone very very badly.

Mr Saab

Referee
What's the difference between Te'o and Pritchards tackle?

Teo's hit was more explosive thats all. The game is a f**king joke now. MRC can get f**ked, everyone can get f**ked.
They should put rags on the players hips and play f**king oz tag

Dresden Dan

Juniors
There's dozens of tackles every game that connect with a player's head. The only difference is Teo hit too hard for the liking of the sooks. Go to AFL sooks. Ask the players what they want done. Be surprised if any want Teo suspended for that tackle.

BunniesMan

Immortal
There's dozens of tackles every game that connect with a player's head. The only difference is Teo hit too hard for the liking of the sooks. Go to AFL sooks. Ask the players what they want done. Be surprised if any want Teo suspended for that tackle.
Sometimes people don't know what's best for them.

The vast majority of them would keep playing after a serious concussion, despite the serious risks.

"Asking players what they want" isn't the easy answer.

Dresden Dan

Juniors
Sometimes people don't know what's best for them.

The vast majority of them would keep playing after a serious concussion, despite the serious risks.

"Asking players what they want" isn't the easy answer.

of course it's the answer. They play the game not any of us and not any of the sooks.

Players play knowing the risks of injury and accident. Everyone apart from the sooks knows risking injury is part of the game. If they don't want the risk then don't play and don't watch.

If Groat didn't want to be an easy target to get smashed he should learn to sidestep or just pass the ball.

Ron Swanson

Juniors
Ridiculous. As a player you'd be nuts to go for a shoulder charge now. I didn't even see any head contact FFS. It was a great tackle.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Ridiculous. As a player you'd be nuts to go for a shoulder charge now. I didn't even see any head contact FFS. It was a great tackle.

Plenty of head contact.

I don't recall SBW getting too many wrong -- a shoulder tackle with proper technique is fine.

BunniesMan

Immortal
of course it's the answer. They play the game not any of us and not any of the sooks.

Players play knowing the risks of injury and accident. Everyone apart from the sooks knows risking injury is part of the game. If they don't want the risk then don't play and don't watch.

If Groat didn't want to be an easy target to get smashed he should learn to sidestep or just pass the ball.
"NRL players" aren't exactly the market segment the NRL is targeting. Their opinions don't matter.

You condone head contact you lose mothers. You lose mothers you lose plenty of future NRL stars.

Dresden Dan

Juniors
"NRL players" aren't exactly the market segment the NRL is targeting. Their opinions don't matter.

You condone head contact you lose mothers. You lose mothers you lose plenty of future NRL stars.

Females don't play NRL. Teenage boys make their own decisions.

Latest posts