What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Teo Facing 3-4 weeks

Izz

Bench
If Groat didn't want to be an easy target to get smashed he should ... just pass the ball.
:lol: You've never played the game, have you? And have you watched it apart from highlights packages?

Front rower's job early in the tackle count is to take the ball to the line, make as many meters as possible, suck in as many defenders as possible, play the ball as quickly as possible. Passing the ball to avoid getting hit is a pretty stupid ploy, because he'll get hit regardless and usually be in a worse body position because he's turned to pass.

I do agree Groat needs to add some form of step to his game. And he runs like he's 85 and escaping from a rest home without his walker. imo, he shouldn't be anywhere near the tigers fg squad, but that still doesn't mean he deserves to get a shoulder to the chin.

Bazal

Post Whore
Absolute crap IMO. I am still yet to see a conclusive shot where he did even hit his head. To me it looked more like the point of impact was the centre of his chest with a clip on the chin. What did more damage was his head smashing into the turf. Soft, soft, soft decision on a cracking hit

BunniesMan

Immortal
We'll see what BM is saying when a bunnies player is facing 3 weeks
Dave Taylor copped 5 weeks for less last year.
Females don't play NRL. Teenage boys make their own decisions.
By the time they have the money and freedom to play what they want it's generally too late to be a first grade player. Talent or not, in the majority of cases if you haven't played organised footy until the age of 16 or beyond it's too late.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Personally I didn't think it was that bad and I'm a Tigers fan. One week at best, three to four weeks is ridiculous.

Then again it is that dog Te'o so I have no sympathy.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Dresden Dan you are a joker. Your opinions are so wrong it's hard to take you seriously. I am right, you are wrong. Reading what you have to say makes me dumber. You have been added to my ignore list.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Andrew Voss ‏ @AndrewVoss9
Not that i want to see a player knocked out,but i am curious to see how the league would handle a tackle like ben teo's in an origin game.
Yes.......would very interesting. Origin is built on stuff like Ben Teo's hit.

I can cop the charge ...be nice if it gets down to 1 week, 2 tops

I agree in essence with what the league are saying re: making contact with the head, accidental or not

you just can't do it

Still.....shots like Teo's would have been roundly applauded not that long ago and be on someone's great hits high light reel for years to come.

It's become a fine line.

gronkathon

First Grade
I think with recent and well publicised studies on repeated concussions and contact with the head the NRL finds itself in a position where if they do nothing they leave themself in a position for successful litigation against them.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Yes.......would very interesting. Origin is built on stuff like Ben Teo's hit.

I can cop the charge ...be nice if it gets down to 1 week, 2 tops

I agree in essence with what the league are saying re: making contact with the head, accidental or not

you just can't do it

Still.....shots like Teo's would have been roundly applauded not that long ago and be on someone's great hits high light reel for years to come.

It's become a fine line.
A few cm's lower and it's a great high light reel tackle. But where it was is potentially very dangerous. It really isn't that hard to bend the knees a couple of degrees and hit them below the head/neck.

The only thing stopping it is lazyness, and people shouldn't be lazy when it comes to potentially dangerous tackles.

If it were Groat on Teo there'd be no penalty and no charge.

As for SBW I think the only tackle he got wrong was the stiff arm on Johns? Can't remember too many shoulder charges where he took someone in the head.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I think with recent and well publicised studies on repeated concussions and contact with the head the NRL finds itself in a position where if they do nothing they leave themself in a position for successful litigation against them.
This.

People just aren't grasping the seriousness of knocks to the head.

The Gambler

Juniors
Teo launched himself from the ground to get maximum force. I don't debate he had the right idea to put on a huge hit, and if he got him 10 cm lower it would have been hit of the year. Instead he, quite recklessly, nearly took a blokes head off with his shoulder - not him out cold at impact. It was pretty to watch obviously - but people seem to forget how dangerous it is. Doesn't matter if he 'meant' to do it or not.

It was high.

It was worse than Pritchards.

Should just take the 3 weeks.

Leave the Shoulder charges to the smaller men..
Matty Bowen has pulled off some good ones this yr.
I suppose the taller the player the more chance of contact with the head.

Latest posts