What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Teo Facing 3-4 weeks

eozsmiles

Bench
Just saw Tallis say it was no worse than Pritchard's. That just confirms my opinion that it was. Teo was rising and moving forward quicker.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Teo blindsided Groat as he was about to get the ball. I think those sort of 'hits' are gutless.

Watch the video again.......Groat clearly has already caught the ball and was eyeing off Teo as they were about to hit

Nothing "gutless" about it at all.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
This.

People just aren't grasping the seriousness of knocks to the head.

I do. If you cop knocks to the head you'll end up like Bunniesliar.

The game isn't going soft by cracking down on head hits and mothers will continue to let their kids play the game as they have since 1908. Teo got his hit fractionally wrong and deserves a week off.

I'll also offer some advice for Groat - if he wants to survive in the game then he needs a sidestep or a swerve in his run. Players with running styles like he and Martin Lang tend to get belted in the head a lot.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
He hit him flush on the chin. Look at the front on replay and the level of Teo's shoulder is dead in line with Groat's chin as he approaches the tackle. He flies in and smashes him exactly where he's aiming. I don't see how the "shoulder charge issue" even comes into it. It's just a high shot, and a bad one at that.

WayneBennett

Juniors
Absolute Bullshit by Judiciary. Diluting the game so much it barely resembles the game i grew up with. Dangerous Territory ...

derp

Juniors
He hit him flush on the chin. Look at the front on replay and the level of Teo's shoulder is dead in line with Groat's chin as he approaches the tackle. He flies in and smashes him exactly where he's aiming. I don't see how the "shoulder charge issue" even comes into it. It's just a high shot, and a bad one at that.
Totally agree
he lined him up and smashed him

drago brelli

Bench
If a player is going to recieve the ball to his right off the dummy half his eyes are focussed on the dummy half. The defender lines the player up at an angle to the ball recievers left so the defender is not in the attackers peripheral vision. The player recieving the ball gets a shock when the defender is all of a sudden on him. It is completely unexpected but it doesn't happen many times in a match. The taclke has to be planned a few plays ahead and timing is everything for max impact.

Latest posts