What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Teo Facing 3-4 weeks

sheamas

Juniors
don't know how people can watch that and still think it wasn't even high :lol:

this ^

I cant believe you can watch that and still think it was high, not to mention all the players that said they didn't think it was high including Teo and they would have had a much better view than people watching the video. The ref's on the field didn't think it was high either until they conferred with the video ref. None of the Tigers players seemed to concerned with it at the time, so they either didnt think it was high or just didnt care.

You look at the video and think it was high, I look at the video and think its not and the only person that has anything to back up their point of view is me and yet you think it "obvious" that it was high

Dresden Dan

Juniors
I'm starting a new rugby league and joining it with the UFC.

Just tell the sooks and doctors to rack off and leave the game alone. The majority have rights too and what the game needs is to stand up for itself.

super_coach

First Grade
A couple of years ago it would have been the hit of the year but the game has moved on from their and legally it had to. They would be leaving themselves open to massive law suits if they did not enforce the rule. When I started watching the game a spear tackle was okay but thank god we have moved on from their,if it means the end of the shoulder charge so be it. As for a getting three weeks I think that is way to harsh as their was no real intent,maybe a week at the most, but I suppose the NRL are trying to get a message through to the clubs that their is zero tolerance with contact to the head

Dresden Dan

Juniors
The players enter the game knowing the risks. They sign forms to do so don't they?

Our game isn't NFL and people using the NFL brain injuries as examples need to take account of that instead of sooking.

Apey

Staff member
I cant believe you can watch that and still think it was high

Teo%20hit%202.JPG

Also consistent with physics rules, because if Te'o's feet were in the air at the moment of impact, he would have been propelled back by the force resulting from both players colliding!

what is that mysterious yellow blur connecting with Groat's head? Must be a yellow wig in the crowd

yes he is bent over slightly, not disputing that. You'd have to be blind as a bat to think he didn't connect with his head :lol:

not to mention all the players that said they didn't think it was high including Teo

haha f**k me. well obviously it wasn't high then.

legend

Coach
If the NRL are going to enforce the rules this way, then I think the introduction of an 18th man to cover for an injured player due to foul play should be brought in so the team affected isn't severely penalised for the remainder of the game.

redvscotty

First Grade
As bad and blatant as the ankle lock by Quinn in a game a few years ago.

These players need to be wiped out from the game.

sheamas

Juniors
what is that mysterious yellow blur connecting with Groat's head? Must be a yellow wig in the crowd

yes he is bent over slightly, not disputing that. You'd have to be blind as a bat to think he didn't connect with his head :lol:

haha f**k me. well obviously it wasn't high then.

Well if Teo's word is no good then what about all the Tigers players that didnt seem to have a problem with it, many of them standing less than 10m away didnt seem to think it was high. I find it hard to believe that not one of them cared that Teo supposedly hit him in the head with a flying shoulder. Some blurry youtube video is hardly better than numerous people on the field not seeing it.

As bad and blatant as the ankle lock by Quinn in a game a few years ago.

These players need to be wiped out from the game.

That is quite harsh considering this is the first time Teo has been booked for anything after 5 years of NRL. There are many MANY worst players out there that repeatedly injure other players intentionally or due to carelessness.

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
I wouldn't take the WT reaction for anything considering Farah was the only one who nutted up and tried to put a shot on Teo.

Marshall thought it was high though. Listen to his colourfull conversation with Tedro as Groat leaves the field

Tommy Smith

Referee
I find it amusing that many people are still willing to call Simon Dwyer's blatant high shot on JWH in the 2010 semi "the hit of the decade". Even though it was just as bad as Teo's hit on the weekend.

SBW's hit on Clinton was a beauty. It was perfectly legal and should always remain so as he didn't hit him in the head. What Dwyer and now this year Pritchard & Teo have done however is to attack the head of a defenseless, ball carrying opponent. That should be illegal.

It's not tough. It's just dirty and should be rubbed out of the game.

Frailty

First Grade
I don't get what the big problem is?

He hit him in the head, and that has ALWAYS been against the rules.

These people saying 'it is the end of the shoulder charge' are f**king morons.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Frank Pritchard got 1 week for just standing his ground. Teo went in with the shoulder. He should take the early plea. If he gets off there is something seriously wrong with the judicial system.

Latest posts