What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Teo Facing 3-4 weeks

beads6

First Grade
I don't have a problem with Te'o getting suspended he did hit Groat in the head. What I have a problem with is the new grading system bought in mid season after Pritchard got 1 week for almost the same type of hit a few weeks ago.

Big Pete

Referee
And Pritchard only got a week due to priors.

Edit: Will be interesting to see if the grading changes. Don't have a problem with the decision as long as it isn't 4 weeks.

Slammin

Juniors
f**king over the NRL shitting on a great game. Only man I would trust to fix this shit fight up is Sterlo. He can be supported by a tuff f**k committee (Tallis, Harrigan etc.)

beads6

First Grade
I have a problem with the game BECOMING F*** SOFT

You are about as dumb as Mark Geyer and Choppy Close :crazy:

No matter what way you look at it Te'o hit Groat flush on the chin and knocked him out. Last thing the game needs is players suffering brain injuries from hits like this. The Shoulder Charge is fine but the second you make contact with the head something needs to be done. It doesn't make the game soft.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I don't have a problem with Te'o getting suspended he did hit Groat in the head. What I have a problem with is the new grading system bought in mid season after Pritchard got 1 week for almost the same type of hit a few weeks ago.

Yeah....bang on. I'm the same

How can you bring in a rule AFTER the season has already started and start charging guys differently when their identical offences were literally only weeks apart....?

:crazy:

WayneBennett

Juniors
You are about as dumb as Mark Geyer and Choppy Close :crazy:

No matter what way you look at it Te'o hit Groat flush on the chin and knocked him out. Last thing the game needs is players suffering brain injuries from hits like this. The Shoulder Charge is fine but the second you make contact with the head something needs to be done. It doesn't make the game soft.

I haven't resorted to name calling, and haven't ( and won't ) insult legends of the game , and present these facts :

1) Groat was actually ON THE WAY DOWN changing the point of impact. Yes, Teo hit him in the head. However if you are the ballrunner and you become lower you change the point of impact. Groats knees are bent when contact is made, and Teo , who had chosen his moment, was committed. Pretty sure if anyone here has actually PLAYED the game would realise once you are comitted, thats it. If the ballrunner tries to change direction or props himself and alters the point of impact, then I feel they share some of the consequences. Its ridiculous to assume the laws of physics wont apply to you, cause if you duck your head to an oncoming high speed object, chances are you are going to hit it.

2) If you dont want to suffer a brain injury, dont DUCK YOUR HEAD into a tackle.
3) Actually, f**k you.

thanks

The Gambler

Juniors
Yeah....bang on. I'm the same

How can you bring in a rule AFTER the season has already started and start charging guys differently when their identical offences were literally only weeks apart....?

:crazy:

The is only one logical answer - the offences are not identical.

I agree. Teo's was worse.

Dresden Dan

Juniors
Let's see what happens at state of origin time. The NRL will be sh!tting themselves hoping no one puts a shoulder charge on that accidentially hits a head.

_Johnsy

Referee
As fans we want consistency from the judiciary. Teo first made contact with groat's head and as a result had to be found guilty.

Consistency = Teo suspended.

& yes I'd say exactly the same thing if B Scott or another Dragon made the same type of tackle this friday night. The players now know there is a massive risk of getting a stint on the sideline if you try to shoulder charge someone and it goes slightly wrong.

Move on lads.

_Johnsy

Referee
Let's see what happens at state of origin time. The NRL will be sh!tting themselves hoping no one puts a shoulder charge on that accidentially hits a head.

If they do, they deserve to be suspended.

We all remember the suspension JT got for kicking someone in the head, oh wait...................

WayneBennett

Juniors
well I am going to hang my head in front of an oncoming train , and when i am hit I'm going to whinge until the train gets 4 weeks

BunniesMan

Immortal
I swear some of the people that have posted in the last 15 posts are some of the dumbest merkins alive.

It was never an issue of guilty or not guilty. He made contact with the head. End of story.

The question is what grading it deserves. I think there is merit to lowering the grading but all that has been established is his guilt, which should have been a nonissue because the concussed bloke is proof of head contact.

Snappy

Coach
Sounds like the hearing is still going.

Te'o found guilty of dangerous contact

• Print
  • - Font
  • + Font
  • RSS

AAP Wed, Apr 11, 2012 - 8:30 PM

Brisbane back-rower Ben Te'o has been found guilty of a grade three dangerous contact charge by the NRL judiciary on Wednesday.
However, the Broncos' counsel, Peter Shields is now making an application to have the charge downgraded from a grade three to a grade two offence.
Te'o was charged by the match review committee following a shoulder charge to the head of Wests Tigers prop Matt Groat last Friday.
The first-half challenge left Groat concussed and unable to finish the game and has left him in doubt for the Tigers clash with Penrith.
Brisbane's counsel Peter Shields argued that Te'o's shot on the front-rower was in the upper chest area, using a number of still photographs to argue his point in a hearing that lasted over 90 minutes.
But after a 10-minute deliberation, the three-man panel made up of former players Michael Buettner, Chris McKenna and Don McKinnon found the 25-year-old guilty.
Shields immediately sought to try and get the charge downgraded to a grade one offence, in an attempt to avoid a four-game suspension for Te'o.
Should he be successful, he would spend just one week on the sidelines.
Video footage of similar charges are now being played to the panel, with a verdict likely to be heard later on Wednesday evening.

http://www.nrl.com/teo-found-guilty-of-dangerous-contact/tabid/10874/newsid/66831/default.aspx

Latest posts