What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Teo Facing 3-4 weeks

Mr Fourex

Bench
If a player is going to recieve the ball to his right off the dummy half his eyes are focussed on the dummy half. The defender lines the player up at an angle to the ball recievers left so the defender is not in the attackers peripheral vision. The player recieving the ball gets a shock when the defender is all of a sudden on him. It is completely unexpected but it doesn't happen many times in a match. The taclke has to be planned a few plays ahead and timing is everything for max impact.

Did you even watch the video........??? :crazy:

derp

Juniors
If a player is going to recieve the ball to his right off the dummy half his eyes are focussed on the dummy half. The defender lines the player up at an angle to the ball recievers left so the defender is not in the attackers peripheral vision. The player recieving the ball gets a shock when the defender is all of a sudden on him. It is completely unexpected but it doesn't happen many times in a match. The taclke has to be planned a few plays ahead and timing is everything for max impact.
lol :lol: fmd
this is a classic blindside tackle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNTCyydpG1s

WayneBennett

Juniors
Billy Groat is just soft. Hes been manhandled and monstered for the past 3 rounds. ...and HE DUCKED INTO IT

user_nat

Coach

Unless Groat is blind, there is no way that is even remotely blind siding him.

Even if he were blind, that would be exactly where you would expect someone to come from.

:crazy:

Mortar

Juniors
and HE DUCKED INTO IT

^^This and Teo's feet didn't leave the ground either. So it looks like that if Groat hadn't have braced for the impact by hunching down, no contact with the head would have occurred.

The way these mrc clowns are going a player tripping over and headbutting a defenders knee will see a charge coming :?

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
The whole match review process needs a massive review itself. While I agree the contact is with the head, the player imo is leaning in. I don't think this is 3 weeks. 1, maybe 2 tops. Same with T-Rex, 2 non-similar charges should make his tackle 7 weeks.

I think we need to cap loading and change the points for a match to 150.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
^^This and Teo's feet didn't leave the ground either. So it looks like that if Groat hadn't have braced for the impact by hunching down, no contact with the head would have occurred.

The way these mrc clowns are going a player tripping over and headbutting a defenders knee will see a charge coming :?

He doesn't duck, or if he does, it's early enough for Teo to see it. Teo hits him right where he is aiming (whether or not it's deliberate).

Wut ?

His feet did leave the ground....

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I played 10 years of footy, I never once tackled someone above the shoulders. Because a) I'm not unco and b) I didn't want to potentially injure someone very very badly.

does it count as playing if you sat on the bench for 10 years? cant injure someone if you never tackled anyone.......

At the game i thought it was just a massive hit. I'm still not 100% sure where contact was but groat was hammered so at some point he's got hit in the head.

I have no probs with a possible suspension - if you get someone in the head you ahve to be prepared to get suspended, however it isnt worth 3-4 weeks. i wonder whetehr gallop got more emails from mums

BunniesMan

Immortal
does it count as playing if you sat on the bench for 10 years? cant injure someone if you never tackled anyone.......

At the game i thought it was just a massive hit. I'm still not 100% sure where contact was but groat was hammered so at some point he's got hit in the head.

I have no probs with a possible suspension - if you get someone in the head you ahve to be prepared to get suspended, however it isnt worth 3-4 weeks. i wonder whetehr gallop got more emails from mums
My career peaked when I played about 2 months in Harold Matthews about 7 years ago.

The reason they've been pretty harsh is to act as a deterrent. They want players to be 110% careful when going in for a big tackle. Worst case scenario is you have someones quality of life for the next 50 years in your hands every time you make a tackle. It is your responsibility to not hit the head.

The Gambler

Juniors

Haha what a crock of sh*t. Teo launched up and into his chin.

Danish

Referee
What's all this talk about blindsiding him??

First, he hit him straight on.

Second, even if he did who gives a shit? It's a contact sport and if you run such a geniused line that you can be blindsided, your deserve every last bit of pain coming your way.

I hope the broncos successfully fight and win. The game is getting more and more pussified every year

Latest posts