What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Barba

carcharias

Immortal
oh oh here it is.

Maybe it is old? I hadn't seen it yet

10926281_10153022498783360_6675784483594235670_o_zpsxlxb4doy.jpg

Card Shark

Immortal
Don't know what it is....but he just looks out of sorts with whatever he does - where is the recent Dally M winner - it's nowhere to be seen!

I realise he went off injured last night but I don't think it's physical, I think it's more in his head.

Was happy to see him score a try, thought that positive would help but then dropped his head again when injured.

He reminds me of Tiger Woods....got himself some woman problems & hasn't been the same since.

If Flanno is good at anything, it's making a player feel welcome & important, let's hope he can get Barba feeling good & (somewhat) back to his electrifying best, because we need him...can be a weapon!

P.S. As I stated before the game, off the bench is not the answer because who does he replace....Gordon on the sideline was a waste!

Weaponhead

Coach
Definitely mental issue with Barba. You could see the relief when he scored. He looks tentative. The talent is still there.

Card Shark

Immortal
Definitely mental issue with Barba. You could see the relief when he scored. He looks tentative. The talent is still there.

He did a bit of a gesture indicating it was a special / important try.

It's good that his name is in the scorebook so it shows he contributed in black & white - seems a bit lost in our team.

Hope his injury is ok & he can move forward from here because we need him to fire.

chewsta

First Grade
Apparently its a knee strain and he thinks he will be okay for next week.

Source:
“It’s just a strain of the knee, it’s not my PCL or ACL, I’ll get it checked out in the morning, but the doctors and physios don’t think it’s anything too serious,” Barba said.

“When I first did it, I didn’t feel any pops or snaps, and I was pretty confident it wasn’t too bad. I think I’ve just overstretched something.”

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/nrl...late-knee-injury/story-fndv2ypb-1227299291201

Card Shark

Immortal
That's good news, hopefully.

He has 10 days to get over it.

We need him to keep playing & build confidence.

Ads

First Grade
I thought he looked more dangerous than Gordon has all year. Me thinks Gordon wont see the year out in Nrl.

Click2000

Juniors
I agree that it's a confidence/mental thing with him but except for that handling error I thought he was good last night, looked fast and dangerous every time he touched the ball. He still has the pace and with room to move at fullback he gives us that X factor that we haven't had for years!

Last night he still had the speed and vision to wrap around Feki to score and he made a great run up the middle with a quick play the ball that directly resulted in Heinos try which wrapped up the game.

With him and Val roaming around that back we now have genuine attacking weapons!!

Card Shark

Immortal
I agree that it's a confidence/mental thing with him but except for that handling error I thought he was good last night, looked fast and dangerous every time he touched the ball. He still has the pace and with room to move at fullback he gives us that X factor that we haven't had for years!

Last night he still had the speed and vision to wrap around Feki to score and he made a great run up the middle with a quick play the ball that directly resulted in Heinos try which wrapped up the game.

With him and Val roaming around that back we now have genuine attacking weapons!!

He went great i thought.

He thanked the heavens after that try & then did some exciting runs after that, as you say.

I still think Gordon has a place but not sure where?

I still want Gagan on 1 wing.

Click2000

Juniors
Yeah it's hard to even think about dropping Gordon but what do you do ?

The question is would Gordon be quick enough to wrap around Feki and score that try??

I want Gagan in there as well, kid is a gun from what I've seen

shaggs

Coach
Gagan said last night he was about a month away.

Barba looked pretty good at the back. Gordon's kicking was his biggest pro but that hasn't been great last few weeks. Maybe jets for Gordon.

Latest posts