What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Barba

Surely

Post Whore
Our whole team only scored about 15 last year, at least that's what it seemed like.

Plastered

Juniors
Flanagan said Barba scored 15 tries for the Broncos in the 2014 season and that his form was better than given credit for.

Nice one Flange - Barba only scored 8 tries this year...

Quigs

Immortal
WELL IF IT WASN'T ... IT IS NOW !!!! .... IT IS OFFICIAL.

I just was listening to the ABC News 24 news and they prefaced an item on the Sharks signing Ali Barba.

They said, "Barba hopes to rekindle his past 2012 form after the Cronulla Sharks threw him AN NRL LIFELINE"

I knew it !!! I knew it !!! Keeping those spare NRL lifelines would come in handy on year.

cb4

First Grade
Gunna be another long year.

Robbo will be praised and praised like he was with Carney, when reality is, he is nothing more than a hand brake in us moving forward.

There is no reason why Brown and Barba can't play in the halves together, considering Brown has twice been selected for Samoa as half back (only to be forced out by injury) and was playing half back in the 20's/NSW Cup before being called into firsts.

Ads

First Grade
Robbo will be praised and praised like he was with Carney, when reality is, he is nothing more than a hand brake in us moving forward.

There is no reason why Brown and Barba can't play in the halves together, considering Brown has twice been selected for Samoa as half back (only to be forced out by injury) and was playing half back in the 20's/NSW Cup before being called into firsts.

I think thats a result of Flanno's safety first style and how he picks his teams. Pretty clear Robson has run his race in the Nrl.

cb4

First Grade
I think thats a result of Flanno's safety first style and how he picks his teams. Pretty clear Robson has run his race in the Nrl.

I think it is more Flanno trying to justify his signings/retention to be honest.

Thank god he wasn't here last year when Ayshford was stinking it up because you know it would have been Pomeroy MKII.
Once he loses his pig headedness, he will turn into a good coach.

The good coaches in the NRL aren't afraid to tap a player on the shoulder who is long in the tooth. Penrith did it to 2 captains.

Card Shark

Immortal

I hear what you are saying.

My concerns are a lack of kicking game & direction.

I suppose we need to make the change sometime - no time like the present?

SharkShocked

Bench
I hear what you are saying.

My concerns are a lack of kicking game & direction.

I suppose we need to make the change sometime - no time like the present?

Kicking game certainly needs work. Looked downright atrocious last year and that was next to Robson....

Snoop Shark

First Grade
The good coaches in the NRL aren't afraid to tap a player on the shoulder who is long in the tooth. Penrith did it to 2 captains.

Madge is a perfect example of this during the year he sent Lote, Merritt, jase Clarke, Ben Lowe and more for a stint in reggies.

He doesn't coach to make friends, he clearly coaches to win

Foz

Bench
Ennis doesn't mind a kick.
No doubt there'll be some pressure put on him.
If he handles it we'll go ok.
If he doesn't we'll struggle.

kal83

Juniors
He did do well.

I'm sure the $ is great but he genuinely seems keen to play for us & with our other players.

He definitely seems genuine and one thing kindly missing from all the articles at the moment is he didn't leave the broncos for anything disciplinary. It was straight up that Bennett wanted to make room for Boyd and Barba was the one to make room.

I'm generally excited about what he can do for the club and personally I don't think it is a coincidence that as soon as Flanagan has been allowed back decent players are being signed.

The quality of players signed while Flanagan has been head coach have been more impressive then the Supercoaches:lol: Stuart and Anderson IMO.

Really excited about the new season - A long way to go but I'm excited!

Quigs

Immortal
These days (and the approach of yet another new season) I find extremely hard to get excited about what will happen.

Forever we seem to play catch up to how the big boys play the game. Our level always appears to me to be 3 years behind the leaders style of play.

I'd love to see us try something new next year instead of trying to perfect the Bennett sweeping backline moves that were used 3 seasons ago.

But even that would be a big improvement on the 5 hits ups 'n kick to someone we have perfected over the last couple of years.

Yeah ..... me and Big Kev .... "we're excited"

Latest posts