What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Barba

chewsta

First Grade
He could add the spark that has so long been missing from our backs.

On top of that our backline is pretty much all new faces and all (barring Gordon) young fast blokes with their whole careers in front of them still.

If the pigs can roll forward and stay out of the way, we could start to play some really exciting footy for once.

thorson1987

Coach
Good thing he can play football a bit. Takes him a while to park his car. Saw him struggling to park yesterday at Westfields Miranda.

Has contract with Ipswich/Broncs, the Broncs believe he is too small for league.

We should throw him a liefline, people thought Presto was too small they were wrong

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
With Dariarse gone for possibly the year...the Donkeys might want Benny back.

They need a fullback now...

Quigs

Immortal
What about this bloke.

Can he play fullback. Can he get out of his Gus contract.

soward.jpg

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I would think every Knights fan would have grin on there face he deserted the club

The Brisbane Broncos' title hopes have been dealt a crushing blow, with star fullback Darius Boyd repturing his Achilles tendon.

The Broncos have confirmed that X-ray results show Boyd has ruptured his achilles tendon with the fullback scheduled to undergo surgery next Tuesday.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/darius-boyd-goes-down-with-ruptured-achilles-20141205-120uab.html

Card Shark

Immortal

coolumsharkie

Referee
Fluff alert**

Ben Barba shows shades of Dally M brilliance at new club Cronulla Sharks
Nathan Ryan FOX SPORTS December 09, 2014 1:24PM SHARE

MICHAEL Gordon says you can expect to see a revamped Cronulla attack, with new half Ben Barba set to change the way the club plays, while Michael Ennis reckons the livewire is already showing shades of the 2012 form which saw him grab the Dally M Medal.

Having signed 25-year-old Barba as a replacement for Todd Carney, the Sharks are set to partner him with Jeff Robson next season. According to Gordon, the new enterprise will revolutionise their attack.

“He is very dynamic with the ball, I suppose it will change the way we play a bit,” Gordon said of Barba.

“You can see when he’s got the ball in the hands he has so much skill. There are exciting times ahead.”

Another new addition to the Sharks’ roster is Barba’s former Bulldogs captain.

Ennis only returned to full training last week but said he can already see similarities in Barba’s preparation for 2015 to that of 2012, when he claimed the game’s top honours.

“His work ethic in 2012 was first class, the way he transitioned with Des (Hasler’s) new structures, game plan and how hard he worked to get to the top of his game, and I can see that motivation in him now at five-eighth,” Ennis said.

“It is a new challenge for him and he really wants to excel there.

“…There are certain guys in the competition that can do things not many others can do and Ben certainly is one of those guys. Ben can turn half-chances into points. Talking to him, he enjoyed his time playing in the halves in Brisbane.”

While Gordon will start the year wearing the no. 1, he acknowledged that Barba brings some healthy competition for positions. Gordon finished last season with 82 tackle busts, 38 more than Barba and twice as many line breaks.

Having claimed every major award at Cronulla’s end-of-year presentation, Gordon has been utilising the pre-season to work on adding an extra dimension to his attack and not just acting as a link player.

“I’m always trying to improve every area of my game,” he said.

“Working with certain players and timing this better, my ball-playing, general play kicking. It is never staying still. I’ve always been a pretty good kicker; I’ve just never really brought it in the game. I’ve started doing it more at training and working with the dummy half and size and seven, so I’m a genuine option and might be the first option.”

Off contract at the end of 2015, Gordon is hoping to extend his deal until at least until the end of 2017. Feeling fit and looking for a big season, Gordon is eyeing higher honours.

Jarryd Hayne’s departure from the game in search of an NFL contract has opened the door in the NSW team and having already made one appearance on the wing for NSW, Gordon said he would love to again enter the Origin arena.

“Everyone would love to and if they said they don’t they would be lying,” he said of playing Origin.

“I always think that stuff looks after itself if you’re playing well and the clubs doing well. If you focus on the club doing well the rest will come with it.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...-cronulla-sharks/story-fn2mcuj6-1227149816627

Card Shark

Immortal
Was on the Big Sports Breakfast this morning apparently, & BSB then tweeted:

@skybigsports: Barba: I'm fortunate the @Cronulla_Sharks thought I was a good fit. I've never enjoyed my footy as much as I am right now.
&
@skybigsports: Barba: I'll be wearing the 6. Jeff Robson is so organised and I play less structured, so we compliment each other well. @Cronulla_Sharks

Seems a strange thing to say before he's played a game, must really love it with us - lets hope that means he plays his best footy.

carcharias

Immortal
my kids came home with the new ( high quality - no joke ) team poster yesterday.
Great pic
None of this standing on the beach bullshit.
They are standing in front of the ET stand.
They look very very happy...the pic looks very professional for a change.

Latest posts